Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many of your jobs are not car related???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. IloveVOCs

IloveVOCs
    from t-town

Funny how a job related to your college edjucation pays less than a trade isn't it???

I have a masters degree in architecture and here i am a roofing contractor..

I traded a great job title "architect" for a nice pay check... Ya im like that.

2. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

I work in a radiology dept in a local hospital and currently going to school at night.

3. spooler41

spooler41

I'm retired, I was a fabricator/welder, trade show/ exhibit builder. It was the greatest job in my life time. I've left my mark in a great many museums through out the country.
    Some times I really miss that job, but I've got so many projects going on at home , I
    have no time for much else.

........Jack

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

trading house...oil...

5. I guess mine is car-related since I have to keep my job to do anything car-related...:rolleyes:

But no, I am a project manager for a building envelope manufacturer.

BRT

6. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Did autobody work for years, retired from auto restoration business I owned for 20 years about 5 years ago...started an online business manufacturing and selling custom leather pillows, LeatherPillowFactory.com, and I am starting ANOTHER online business to help fund my Hot Rod habit, Hot Rod Leather, which is car related...
    But I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up...

7. Ironpeddler

Ironpeddler

I am an industrial maintenance technician by trade. I do old cars for a hobby thats outta control.

If you think you can you will. If you think you can't you won't.

8. pila38

pila38

Sixth grade teacher. Thankful to have a job...most days!

9. I work for a new car dealership.
    I'm affected heavily.
    My wife is an assistant principal in a high school. She'd doing a lot better than I am this year.
    Auto industry people are living a tough time right now!:(

10. 'Tis a brave man indeed that willingly spends 5 days a week with 12 year olds!!!:eek::eek:

11. 52style

52style

im a drunk pimp

12. rat seeker

rat seeker

Electrical contractor, sales are down 30%

13. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

Wildlife Biologist on a place that has old cars on it that where used in WWII as targets when the place was an artillery range.

14. willymakeit

willymakeit

Construction Supertendent

15. I help fire departments recover reimbursable expenses.
    I also sell products for cleaning up fuel spills for Clean Water Act compliance. I guess that makes me a professional tree hugger.

16. RT

RT

16 years into my career as a US Coast Guard Electronics Tech. I am responsible for the radar that controls the 76mm cannon. I am also co-owner of Zuwharrie.com, a Suzuki 4x4 based website, a father of 3 teens and 1 12 year old and a computer geek on the side.

17. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

I work at night as a maintenance mech for a potato chip bag co. By day I run my own business as a home repair specialest (handyman as you might say). I have lots of work and very little time for the family or the resto projects ( one car and one motorcycle). I'll collect parts and wait untill it slows down some and I have time for myself.

18. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

After 66 plus years, I found the ideal job where I stay home, do what I want to [with the wife's ok] and the govt sends me money! What a great country!:):):)

19. 57dodge

57dodge

I wish mine wasn't Car Realted anymore........It sucks the fun out of the hobby

20. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

I am an assembly supervisor at a company that builds attachments for bobcats and skidsteers for the construction industry. Asphalt planers ,stump grinders ,compactors etc.......

21. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

HVAC engineer. Quickly discovering air-conditioning is something people can live without.

22. Lizard

Lizard
    from Benson Az

Bomb factory electrician

23. sailingengineer

sailingengineer
    from CT

I am an engineer in the Merchant Marine. Translation I run engine rooms on comercial ships. Kind of car related in that they both have engines but ours make a little bit more power.

24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

are you some kinda mass-hole? maine-iac? maybe the good'ole trogsneck tech? god help us, you didn't go to that other fancy pants academy in across the straits?

25. ratterman

ratterman

I make reynolds wrap aluminum foil, not very exciting but it pays the bills.

26. MotoVintage

MotoVintage

motorcycle mechanic since 1988

27. budd

budd

heres my little store/display where i sell my iron work, mostly garden art and whatever else i can fab up for people. i also own Fisher woodstoves. yes its a shipping container i have installed windows and doors in.

Attached Files:

28. Low-Blow

Low-Blow

Buy and sell diesel engines, generators and marine gears.

29. I'm a Contracts Manager for a large Mechanical & Electrical company, for my sin's.