Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is it, how much should I offer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chappys4life, May 20, 2009.

1. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I found this while visiting a friend of a friends house. Saw it in the back yard and was like I want. She said it was her late husbands project and when he died she never did anything with it. So what is it? Also what you see is all she knows no title and all. Also whats fair to offer here?

Attached Files:

2. striper

striper

It's a Pycost.

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'd start the bidding at $3.47...:cool:

4. James427

James427
    BANNED

I would start by finding out how much it weighs. Then I would check the going price for scrap steel.

JK Not much seriously.

5. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Why do you ask this question young man? Do you want it? Are you selling it for her?

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Offer to crush it, there are too many rat rod bobber shit box trucks in this world. Hell, the first one was one too many.

7. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i think thats like a 40 chevy pickup cab but i may be wrong...the firewall is the same as the one on a 40 chevy cab that i have...

8. striper

striper

41 - 47 Chev I think.

Pete

9. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

By the looks of the part of the grill I would say late 40's chevy.It's worth a couple hundred if it's what you want.

10. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Well if I could pick it up cheap I was thinking of building it.

11. monsterflake

monsterflake

it's got a mustang II crossmember, good for a full-fendered truck...

12. kraka138

kraka138

then offer what you would want to pay for it, if she doesnt take it move on....

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

A good one is kind of hard to find,... and will run you between 3 to $5.00 :D
    I am partial to Butterscotch or Pecan myself.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You cant beat the good o' 4-n-20 mystery bag

15. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

How in the world do they stay alive during the baking proses?:confused:,... that has to be some durn big "py",..... I'll bet they were pretty upset when they got out,..... so why were they singing ?

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

Are the doors chopped, or just the cab?,... I personally would only pay $500.00 to $800.00 for it, depending how complete it was and it's condition.

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha ha! asbestos suits? Beaks can be chewy though...

19. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

$50.00 and your effort to Haul it away.

Anyone who would pay $500.00 for that Shit is out of there mind !

If it has fenders & you plan on Building it... PUT THE DAMN FENDERS ON IT !

We need NO MORE bobber non fendered Abortion Built '40's PickUps !!

20. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

According to her they paid and had the cab chopped but not sure about doors. Also had the bed built too which looks gay in my opinion. I guess they paid 6k for bed and chop to be done and I imagine the mustang II crossmember. I thought that looked like a mustang II front end. I think its going to end up being more than I want to spent. I was hoping cheap cheap and throw a inline 6 and make a cool dd.

21. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

If you like the idea of what you will end up with then Buy it. Be Fair to the woman. If you are worried about spending too much money on building it. Well thten Just buy a car that is already done .... Then you know Exactly what it will cost you to drive down the road.

22. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

It sounds like she thinks she is sitting on a gold mine. 50-100 if it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures.

23. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I also agree.100-200 just because you know her. If they spent 6g's on that truck already. I would be looking for hidden parts that are stored elsewhere on that property.

There just is not 6g's in work on the pics.

24. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

y'all got to be joking right?

I'd offer to haul it off, no way should you have to pay for that. Its an eyesore, and I bet their neighbors would apprcaite it, and her appreciate not mowing around it.

If se want more than that, walk. We are talking a '40s Chevy cab, whoo hoo. You can still snag 1.5ton chevys of those years out of hedge rows for $500-800 and thats a complete truck. 1.5tons since they sit so high usually have less rust. :cool:

25. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

$6000 chop a TRUCK and build a GHASTLY bed!!! ??? ridiculous. It ain't worth much (maybe a bill or two), and if they spent that kinda money it will likely sit and rust until it's gone.

26. alchemy

alchemy

That frame might be ruined. The front crossmember has been installed backwards (leans to the front), and may be tough to get out.

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

^^^ yeah what Alchemy said. MII crossmember needs to come back out. tilted the wrong way and looks to be installed to low in the frame. unless you like the 4WD look

28. 4rod

4rod

They be smokin way to much of sumptin'...that beast carcase is worth its weight in scrap...just a suggestion, but offer low...if its what you really want to get into...remember its alot of blood sweat and tears to undo what's been done worng in the first place

29. RichG

RichG

She's either lying, or her hubby had something going on the side, 'cause there isn't any way they've got $6K wrapped up in that skeleton... offer a couple hundred, you're going to have to find every single little part to finish that, it's gonna take some serious dough to put it together. If she balks at the offer, walk away, it's really not worth that much.

30. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

The sad thing is at a regular shop $65.00 an hour it would only take 3 weeks to get to that amount.I am not saying that they got their money's worth.This is why a lot of projects get forgotten.This isn't the only car i have seen that the owner dies before the project is even close to being finished.This just shows everyone make sure you know the shop and expectations before having someone work on your car.It is a shame the owner didn't belong to this site. Ask her what she would like for the car and explain that it will take a lot of work to finish it.Also let her know you will not be using any of the work previously done except for the chop.