Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. zzford

zzford

Having been a member of this board for a few years, I enjoy checking out some of the unusual screen names. The origin of some are obvious, proper names, business names and so on. Where did you come up with your unusual screen name? ZZFORD was created by a friend of mine. My car is a Ford with a ZZ4 engine. I liked the name because of the little twist that came from saying "zz-four-d". Ok, you have my screen names' origin, how about yours?

2. Cooon

Cooon

Mine, cos we call falcons over here coons, I got the number plate COOON, so I certainly get a number of looks....

3. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Lol, take a guess on mine. :D

4. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

As my brothers kids grew up and needed hot rod work done they and their buddies came to me for parts, advice, and work. Since I was an uncle to my brothers kids, their friends plus now about everyone calls me "Unclerichard"

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was a thread a few years ago, I will see if I can find it.
    Doc.

Meh, cant find it and Im too lazy to spend any more time looking.
    Mine is simple, last name is Watson, Doc is my Army nick name from when I was a Medic.
    Doc.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. Harley Davidson Motorcycle model designator..
    FL - 80 to 88 cubic inches and a fat front tire.
    H - varied between High performance and Heavy duty.
    4/speed tranny with a kicker..

7. skwurl

skwurl

Its my nickname. Its an old term for hotrodding cars. I got it when I went to work at a dealership. a car that had been would come in hopped up and they would say give that to Jason he knows all about tose squirrelled up cars.Then it stuck. I've seen it used in old hot rod movies too. I've had it for ten years. I changed the spelling so people would know me by the spelling. There are a few squirels around. when someone asks me how I got the name I tell them cos every chick I meet is nuts. Ok i'm done.

8. From my part-time business. B&W Vintageauto Locators:cool:

9. cretin

cretin

Cretin family, cretin family, cretin family
    Everyone's against me!
    Cretin family, cretin family, cretin family
    Oi, oi, oi, oi!
    <!-- / message -->

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'm a kripple and a fink.
    Paul

11. self explanitory

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My heritage is from a clan that goes all the way back to 348 AD, one of the 6 original clans of Scotland. I raced under the name as well in the 90s.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Von...from my mothers maden name Von Weaver
    Rigg from my fathers side.....Rigg
    Fink.....rat Fink

put them all together...Von Rigg Fink

14. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I only drive Chevrolets

15. Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

my buddy Reverend Hedgash who I built the the bellytank with called me that after the first time we went to the salt because I wore gas goggles instead of sunglasses, it's all I had.......

[​IMG]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I had a Video Games business that sold mostly the older video game systems and games . There is a lot of money in those games you find in yard sales ! I sold the business 4.5 years ago due to health problems but the name has always stuck with me .
    Well since I sold the "RETRO" game systems and games and my name is "Jim' , I called the business "RETRO JIM'S GAMES" , so the name "RetroJim" has just stuck with me all these years !

17. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I sell and install them, just send cash, check, or money order (no pay Pal) and I will ship yours out today, for an extra $100 I'll send you a chrome plated Thorkle Rod.

18. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Now that might be a hard one to figure out ! :rolleyes:

19. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

From the screen fairy...............:D

Nah, with over a dozen AD Chevy Trucks, Panels, 'Burbs I suppose the name fits.

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See avatar
    Gasser Girl

21. Mine has been same since I was modulatin' on the CB back in the 70s - yeah, back when I had hair and a 23 channel radio mounted overhead/center in my 70 F100.

I added 1120 here to be different, and because of the car numbers for Hamlin (11) and Stewart (was #20) in NASCAR. 10-4, good buddy ;)

22. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Mine came from the big ass tattoo i have on my fore arm(FORD logo)

23. 32 years ago, before primer was considered to be a finish, every car or truck i owned had to have a coat of red primer.

At a show at Stone Mountian,Georgia on fathersday weekend.,,,,,,I was with some members of our club and was out lookin' at all the cars and came back to find a sign in front of my 1930 Model A truck, with the "Best Paint Award" wrote in one of my friends? best Crayola script on the back of a cardbord box stating,,,,Paint by "HOTRODPRIMER".. the name stuck. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  24. Q (which stands for Quartermaster in the Bond series), is James Bond's godfather of gadgets.

I was given this name by a friend. I don't invent so many, but I do have quite an arsenal of mechanical dodads and gadgets.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Q? I thought you may be a star trek fan, have a mate who is, a 'Q' is an omnipotent being, good gig if you can get it....
    Doc.

26. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

My girlfriend said she liked her man (me) slim... go figure. Long as she&#8217;s happy!

27. Slide

Slide

Bad pronunciation of my last name over a shop intercom that would make the Dairy Queen Drive-Thru sound like digital surround sound. One of the guys that worked with me said it sounded like they were paging "Slide", so that's what everybody started calling me. That was in high school, and the nickname followed me from one job to the next...

28. Jax2A

Jax2A

Back when video games only took 3 letters for high scores (early 80's) I started using "JAX" for Jack's high score. Later when I first started these internet message board things it was for Willys Jeeps because I have a 1946 CJ2A and I signed in with JAX2A. Been using it on every board I've been on since.

Jack