Register now to get rid of these ads!

Then she ask....Why so many projects!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, May 18, 2009.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Me and the wife were driving out on the back roads for a little cruise Sunday evening and all of a sudden i all but came to a screeching halt in the middle of the road.The wife looks up at me like i lost my damned mind,of coarse i am i eye balling a old Hudson Wasp out in the middle of a field . The next thing i hear is WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED ANOTHER CAR FOR.So i get back in the hot rod and get back on the road,and the entire time spent getting back home i was steadily talking smack about why i thought i needed that Hudson parked out back of the shop next to the other projects rotting away.All in all i never came up with a logical reason for needing it.So my question is,why do the majority of us keep dragging home so many projects.She is still waiting on a decent logical answer.Maybe i can still get that Hudson home

2. Devin LaDawri

Devin LaDawri
    from detroit

Hmmm...
    The response Friday was "you are sooooo dead....."

3. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I reply with...Same reason you need another pair of shoes. :) then I duck!

4. flynstone

flynstone

5. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

I'm constantly reminding mine that the banks are going under and people are losing their asses in the stock market. I have her convinced that I'm diversifying my portfolio and KNOW these stocks will rise!

6. BBobb

BBobb

That's some good stuff there

7. 29 de soto

29 de soto

I tell my wife that they are investments,then i tell her when she gets a couch or curtains that if she keeps them 5 years and gets tired of the color or style,if she can sell them for twice as much as she paid....then we will talk

8. He he he....I've used that one too...;)

Now that's a damn good argument....:D

9. rixrex

rixrex

Because they are our history..because they appreciate in value..because they are pieces of design art..because they don't make them anymore..because I saw a guy at a swap meet pay $175.00 for one door..Brian, tell her something,anything, just get the damn Hudson

10. I've got my wife convenced that they are cheaper than a gun collection. ;)

11. BBobb

BBobb

The shop is about 10 miles from our house.I may just tell her the we have a sudden rat infestation.She would not come within a 100 miles with that excuse....ha ha ha

12. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

i made a rule for myself when looking at more cars to buy, it is that they have to be running and driving or i cant buy it. i have 4 projects now(down from 7 last year)! that i drive on a regular basis. progress is really slow spread between 4 vehicles.

13. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

My husbands phylosphy is "Its easier to get forgiveness than permission".

14. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i have a hudson wasp if anyone else wants one

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

My wife watches Barrett Jackson too... So I always say, "Baby... NOTHING is holding it's value like these old cars, it's BETTER than money in our 401K" That's the end of all that shit. Better than money in the bank... What women wouldn't be in on that pitch?

Thats how I get away with all my shit. And the BEST part is, she agrees!

Kevin

Attached Files:

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've downsized a LOT since the kids started college, but if I didn't have all those projects paying the tuition would have been impossable. Better than stocks or money in the bank. Often wonder if I'll ever get out of the $2,000. or less project entry fee. You know, will a $5,000 runner make you more money or take forever to sell?

17. We don't have to explain ourselves to our women...we just go do whatever we want.
    BAHAHAhahahaha...
    I'm down to 1 project...makes life a lot easier for a lot of reasons...one being I don't have to answer that question anymore which is good because I never had an answer that satisfied her....

18. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

cause i said ....now fix me a chicken pot pie!!!!!!!!

19. I've got 2 projects, and it was a MIRACLE I got the second one. I swear, I thought she lost her mind when she said "go get it". But now when I mention the thought of a third car or even a parts car, she goes ballistic. I figure I got it pretty good with 2. One runs the other doesn't... YET! That's plenty for me for a while.
    But I still try to figure out ways to get more of these beautiful pieces of American history. I don't know why I want to save them so bad. It just comes from some crazy place inside me. I seriously have no control. I imagine it's the same kind of want that an addict experiences.
    It's just all part of the Hot Rod sickness.

20. corsair

corsair

I always remind the old lady to be glad I only eye other cars and not other women

21. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

[My husbands phylosphy is "Its easier to get forgiveness than permission". ]

Brilliant!!!! I'm gonna use this.

22. Mine doesn't ask that question. Her question is : When are you going to get me a 57 Chevy and our grandson a Hudson?

When I find one I can afford, in the mean time, all these neat cars and parts keep following me home.

23. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Good Call...! I gotta remember that one.

24. 3step

3step

Tell her you are saving it for future generations. If it stays in the field it will either turn to dust or someone will scrap it, either way it would be forever lost. Explain that it is your mission, if you don't save it no one will. Tell her about hot rodders being the first recyclers.

25. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I'm single.

So, the cat is the only one that wonders what the hell I'm doing with so much stuff.

26. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Exactly. I showed a buddy (not a rodder) my post on the buick we just got, he IMs me and says "wow, why are these guys so whipped?"

If you are making sure the bills are paid and the kids have food, tell her to STFU.

Some of you guys really need to grow a pair, or at least dig them out from your gals purse.

27. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

My wife saw me looking at a 40 Ford on an auction site today...

"I could drive something like that !"
    Good girl..

28. corsair

corsair

So what you are saying is neither of you have ever been married.

29. Recluse

Recluse
    from Montana

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED ANOTHER CAR FOR?"

I can't believe none of you came up with not just the right answer, but THE answer. It's the number one Manrule, and I quote:

Manrule Number one from the Manrule book:

1. He who dies with the most toys, wins. :)

Even though some women may not get it, it's not just a rule, it's THE rule, and we just HAVE to follow it.

:D

30. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

21 years next month :D Next question?