Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your family trash talk your project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51delivery, May 18, 2009.

1. 51delivery

51delivery

I have a rusty Ford pickup project truck. I was driving with my 17 year old daughter and saw a similar truck sitting in the weeds. I said" look a parts truck" Her response was "no Dad, your truck is a parts truck" I guess the truth hurts!!

2. specialk

specialk

nope, they just wonder why I bought it if I keep wanting to change things on it.

I guess they've never had a hobby (affliction)

3. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

My 12 year old daughter hates to be seen in any of my old stuff. It's too embarrassing, lol.:D

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Thats not trash talk,,Just might be how she feels,,if shes not into cars ,,hell thats with anything others even loved ones may not always share your passions

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

She's into cars, just the wrong kind, lol.:D

6. my kids said things like that when I brought the Plymouth home, now they want to borrow it......

7. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

No , my family loves all my old stuff.

8. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

The only trash talk I ever hear is about time. Usually comes from people that never built one and just dont get it.

9. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

My dad gives me shit about having all these old Fords... (Chevy guy). Other than that, everybody around here loves this stuff.

Kevin

Attached Files:

10. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I get the why did you buy a 65 ford f100 all the time its not worth anything from my dad... I say why did you take the flat head out of your merc and throw in a 350

11. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

not trash talk just tell me i cant buy anymore cars...i guess i have enough sitting

12. jajordan

jajordan

My daughter said (My dad only like the trucks that dont run.) Not true..LOL

13. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

When I brought my model-A coupe home, the first thing my dad said was: "What do you want with that piece of s*#t? Why don't you ever bring home a '69 Camero?"

Needless to say, my dad isn't really into hot rods. He prefers muscle and pony cars instead.

14. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

no, but I get asked why she can't park inside, and put the parts on the driveway.

15. cecil671

cecil671
    from East TN

Yeah,mine says"You are never going to finish that",or "Will it EVER run again?".
    Sometimes I get so discouraged:(

16. nope no trash talk from my crew , i make the cheese , i got the cheese , they want the cheese!!:D they talk shit , they better get a fuckin job!!

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

My girlfriend keep asking me if I want to work on the coupe!! She's a keeper!!

18. t-vicky

t-vicky
    from Kansas

My father in law wants to know why dont you get rid of those junk cars & get a good bass boat? I just tell him you should get rid of that bass boat & get some junk cars.

19. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

my dad saw the 29 tudor sedan i brought in and said i didnt know what i was getting myself into and that i would never get it going and if i did it would be a rolling scrap pile...i built the car and took him to run all of his errands around town in it...now he shows respect and calls me for questions sometimes...bad feelings turn good if you do what it takes..

20. joebuick

joebuick

i dont get much from my family, in fact everytime i by a new project my dad has to buy one to so he can stay a steep ahead of me. he says "you'll never out do your old man" everytime i buy something or make progress and he means it 2 hours after i bought a 66 rambler he buys a 52 suburban.

21. 51delivery

51delivery

Right now I only have one bucket seat in the truck. I am not sure I will need another one. I offered to get it ready for prom last weekend but she was not interested.

22. When I brought home the '61, and made parking room beside Granddaddy's truck and a '72 wooden boat, my wife rolled her eyes and asked, "Am I the only thing in your life you love that's not OLD?" Yes ma'am, yes dear.

Pete
    Richmond, VA

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

some people just don't know when it is time to shut the fuck up. they just want to shit on whatever it is you are doing because it's not what they like. got a "friend' like that. he's a corvette weenie to the extreme so if it is not a vette or muscle car he just doesn't understand what you are doing and feels the need to talk his shit to show his superiority.

24. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

when i brought home my first merc, my friends told me it was a grandma car....and they couldnt believe i sold my offroad baja to get something like this... i told them give me a month.. after that every weekend, if it wasnt raining they were always asking if i was going to cruise down in the merc.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

25. busby6662000

busby6662000

How it is a piece of junk .. money pit

26. BBobb

BBobb

The family members that live around know not to shit where they eat,because the next time they get behind on there light bill they will come running back to me again. It is what it is!!!!!

27. Amen to that :D

28. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Yeah my wife said i would never get the 57 done. And 15 years later its still not done.lol But then i picked up the A last June and just got done with it...
    Guess that car just drives me crazy :).And i did all the A but the frame but i had to repaint the frame.

Attached Files:

29. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

My wife is a good sport and has understood my "sickness" for over 35 years. The rest of my family cant understand why I have to blow a car apart and change everything, but they sure have fun riding around in them when they are done.

30. My gal kicks me outa the house and says "go work on your cars", so I obey!
    When I get home after a cruise, I gotta kick the kids outa the cars, they love'em. But the best feeling I get is when I drop em off at school, everyone else is in their 2007 turdwagon (which cost 20 times what mine did) and the kids (and their friends) say ...you got THE coolest ride!!!