Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '09 Jalopy Showdown thanks.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 17, 2009.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

Now that I'm getting older and smarter-er I realize the Showdown (and this hobby for that matter) really amounts to this, the people first, the cars second. Nearly all of my friends are because of hot rods or the show or the HAMB. The show would NOT happen if not for my wife Kim and the small group of people that give up their time ALL day for a t shirt and a free lunch and I thank them all for being my friends. I also thank everyone here for driving sometimes a crazy distance to come hang out with us for a weekend, rain or shine without a complaint about the weather no matter what it brings good or bad. The huge support this is for the museum I've fallen for helps sooo much! I know there are more important causes...but this one is mine. I hope to see everyone in the fall at the Drags.

2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Thank you Larry and everyone involved for doing this every year. Its something that I look forward to all year long.

Zach

3. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Larry, Kim and the rest of the gang.
    Thank you very much for yet another great bunch of memories.
    It never ceases to amaze me the amount of fun that my friends and I have when we make it up to the showdown. From the time we leave our driveway till the time we get back its such a great time.
    To all that I met this weekend, it was a great pleasure to meet/talk and share info with ya, hope ya'll made it home without any troubles. Hope to see you soon.
    THANKS again to all that made this possible.
    Dave Havlir.... House Of Fab

4. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Thank You Larry and to the rest of your gang that helped put on the greatest car show ever. We always have a great time at the Showdown. Hope to see you guys in October.

5. Larry, sorry I missed saying thanks before we left. Soooo THANKS AGAIN LARRY.

If I ever vend again I'll bring even more rear and obscure parts so I can haul everything back home and park them next to the Packard and V-12 Lincoln parts!!

BTW everything is cool back at the equipment shed.:D

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  6. Thanks to Larry and the bunch for a great weekend!

7. Moloko

Moloko

Thanks a bunch for putting the show on. Can't believe the weather held out this year for us.

8. mtrhead

mtrhead

thanks for another great year... u guys do a hell of a job makin it a good time for all !!

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'll say it again. THE best show of the year.

Thanks for all of your hard work Larry.

10. Thanks Larry for one of the best shows on the East Coast, your right about the cars and the people. I got to hang out with a great bunch of guys from West Virginia. It's all about making new friends along the way.

11. Thank you and all the volunteers for all you do. This was one of the best times I've ever had at a show, great atmosphere.

12. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

Larry & Kim: As always April and I love working the show as well. It is great to see so many people enjoy themselves year after year and watch this little show grow to what it is now. Every year we some new improvements to the track and we know in just a small way we helped make that happen. Thanks to everyone for making this the best show ever. Scott (gate & flag man) & April (your door prize girl) Thanks for coming!!

Oh, and keep us posted about that Van Show you are doing ????

13. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

thanx again larry and kim and crew for the best show in the area and country far as i,m aware of.

14. thanks to everyone involved. this is hands down my favorite show of the year...already lookin' forward to next year

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Per usual I had a BLAST! It's at the TOP of my favorite, must do events of the year. Wouldn't matter how far I had to drive or what the predicted weather forecast is, I'm there no matter what, to see my good pals and hang out. There's something to be said about sitting around a campfire and chatting into the wee hours of the night with like minded folks.......and your pals pounding on the shower door and hollaring at ya waiting their turn. :D

I'd also like to thank the So-What crew for being so generous with the 999 car. One of the many highlights of the event is having the opportunity to take some laps and with Clark driving getting muddy is the name of the game. For those that leave the event before the sun goes down you miss some of the most exciting hot laps there are. Thanks Clark for the ride.:eek::D

I'd also like to thank Gas Pump for the exciting AT SPEED laps in your modified. I sure thought you'd be buying some of that fencing a couple of times.:D I can't wait to see the video on the big screen.

I'd also like to thank Matt for the laps in his boat tailed roadster. I enjoyed our conversation as much as the rides. It was wonderful meeting both you and your Dad and I'm looking forward to next year already so I can hang out with you guys again.

Thanks to everyone who make the event what is is.

16. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Thank you Larry Kim and the rest of the gang . Once again what an amazing show thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to take some great pics on the track. I tell everyone its the best show on the east coast. the weather was once again on your side . and the count down now begins for the drags see ya in october

17. I attended this year for the first time. I had a great time and will be back next year!!!

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Larry & Crew! I've never made it to the Showdown but sure do enjoy reading about it on the HAMB. Your Drags in October are one more reason for me to get the Lyndwood finished, what are the dates? Back to back weekends with Hershey correct? Doug is that garage space offer still good?

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks Larry and gang for a great time. Driving the A on the track, be it the slowest laps of the day ;), was an absolute BLAST! Thanks to Clark for the ride in the 999, that made up for the lack of speed and mud in the A :D

I can't say enough good about the Showdown really-- dirt track, smores, mud, good friends, cool cars and mountain pies, what else does a person need?

Looking forward to those infield bathrooms next year! Woohoo! :D

20. evol55

evol55

As always this is a great show. I always i can't wait until the next one. See you at the drags.

21. Tony

Tony

Sir Laurence of seven Valleys. You, Kim, and the crew deserve the thank you's.
    without ALL the hard work and headaches us knuckleheads would not have a GREAT show to attend. Like you said, the people are what makes it worth while. I-we have always felt that even though we only meet up about once a year, it's like we are meeting up with good old friends.
    Except those douchebags...not sure about them..haha :D:D

Thanks guy's!

Tony

22. Show seemed totally under control this year. My guess was twice the vendors and the max 500 cars.

I didn't hear Larry over the PA System once telling people to stay off the track and out of the creek.

Larry, you got this down to a science.

How about 700 cars next year?

23. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

First time there...Definately not the last. Thank you Larry and crew for
    a GREAT show!

It was nice to meet Denise, Megan and Pat!

It was cool to see my buddy Matt striping the reverse flow car...crazy engine!

24. Thanks Larry and Crew,

Once again I had a great time. A couple of my hilights were;

1) taking my girlfriends little brother for a mud bog trip, I think we may have another hotrodder soon.

2) Finally collecting the $20 bounty for getting Jr. wet. :eek: and not getting stuck.

3) Dontating Jr's $20 to the museum just a couple hours later. :D:D

25. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

BIG thanks Larry, Kim, and all others involved in making this thing happen. It has become a constant in my life and it's one of the only places my wife will even think about camping, much less driving over 700 miles round trip to attend!:D Also, I ended up selling a bunch of my shirts and stickers, so thanks to all who stopped by and bought something. Man, what an absolute blast. I can still taste the mud!

Cheers,

Andy
    [​IMG]

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Everything DID go real well. No rain so I was relaxed. We did have a couple guys drink too much in the camping area and we had one car in the stream (and some guy with six wheel thing I asked not to come back). Fish & Game stock the stream and check it a lot, so they are NOT real keen on cars there. A couple guys from Jersey were in a fighting mood and hassled some of the old guy volunteers that park spectator cars for me. I dont want to have anyone blow the camping thing and I cant be everywhere. You guys really have to police yourselves a bit or it WILL MAKE THE CAMPING END. It's a shame what an impression a couple isolated issues leave on the overall GREAT couple of days. If any of you Jersey people know the two guys, you have a year to explain how the deal works to them. If they cant not get stupid drunk for one night, stay home. I'll let the ticket happy Johnny Law deal with them next year. I LOVE doing the show but like I've always said, drunken assholes will make it end. Lets get back to the love fest...it was way more fun.

27. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Love fest Restart

You are the coolest Larry

and your show is one of the best.........

Hunnert, Santa Maria, Lonestar, and Jalopy Showdown are the best shows in the country.........I have not been to them all of course - but I have been to my fair share.

Your staff was totally helpful and I never knew there was any drama going on cause you and your staff seemed so laid back.

I hope to be back next year.

28. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks for making the trip on your anniversary weekend! The drama was at night and really not that big a deal...I want it to stay a non-issue, hence the info.

29. scarylarry

scarylarry

Also thank to J-bird for lettering my panel...I know you were busy! :) I dig it.

30. Larry,

Thanks for the Great Show. I brought a couple of guys up who had never attended...they had a blast and will return next year. Too bad Clark didn't get some mud on Mike's coupe...LOL. See you at Jr's sometime.

Murph (Bernie)