Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. WCD

WCD

Did he run the car on the injected circuit? And how did he fare in the match race with Ivo's 4 engine flopper?

2. red fox

red fox
    from (OHIO)

3. The Dick White-Tommy Old ex-Jungle Jim ChevyII.This is the car JJ ran in 1967,not the 1968 car.The 1968 body was lost in a crash,and re-bodied with a 1969 Chevy II body.These shots are from 1968. Dennis Doubleday

Attached Files:

4. Here are a few shots from 1969,when they ran the car in Smoker Smith's "East Coast Fuel Funny Car Circuit".The color shot was taken by Bob Plumer,the last shot is actually from 1970.Rare shot of Malcom Durham's ChevyII in that last shot.This would become the "Soul Twister" of Western Bunns.The Mustang in the second photo,run by Butch Kernodle,was the 1968 Stone-Woods-Cook Mustang. Dennis Doubleday

Attached Files:

5. KingpinOlds

KingpinOlds

My dads Dick White, he lost track of the car after him and Tommy Olds sold it. It was rumored to have been bought by a sailor and was sitting in front of a service station in VA. Beach the last time anyone has seen it.

6. KingpinOlds

KingpinOlds

He ran injected East Coast Funny Car Circuit I believe. You know I've never asked him about the race with Ivo, I'll ask this weekend.

A couple of more thats Dick White in the white T-shirt, Tommy Olds far right, my uncle Fielding "Bro" White, and I can never remember who is on far left.

Last one is his tow back car it was his daily driver and painted the same blue.

Attached Files:

7. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Nice Wheelie

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. WCD

WCD

Seemed that the ECFFC and UDRA circuits served as a repository for the older blown cars

9. Indeed.Malcom Durham's Corvair,Poffenberger's Corvair,Jungle Jim's 69 Chevy II,Paule Murphy's Mustang,Della Wood's Charger,the Baltimore Bandit Cuda,Tom Grove's Mustang and many,many more all found a second life in the ECFFCC. Dennis Doubleday

10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

1961 Death Valley
    [​IMG]

11. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Here is the pic of it that got me wonderin'.
    [​IMG]

12. choke

choke

Jungle Jim's 66 Nova was last seen bracket racing at Sears Point in the late 80's. It was canary yellow with blue tinted windows. It's rumored to be still in Vallejo! P. S. the radiator is mounted ion the trunk.

13. autofocus

autofocus
    from MASS

Original restored -Except engine- I know what U mean @ valve covers-looks like made from sheet metal. I havent seen the car again, if I do, Ill inquire.

14. riceman

riceman

Eelco water tank was used in the trunk Choke. This car was raced also in Pro Gas at Sacramento

15. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

That's a big block Chevy in the restored Gene Snow car. Snowman ran a Hemi.

16. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Then what kind of heads are on it? Are they some of the new "Fontana" stuff or What? Like I said earlier it "LOOKS" like a bbc but the heads are weird not just the VC's.

17. rooman

rooman

They look pretty normal to me--evenly spaced pipes set forward on the left bank relative to the head- fabricated valve covers are the style that have the sides to the outboard side of the valve cover rail to give more rocker and girdle clearance.

Roo

18. This is the original "Tuck" Ramblur at the HAMB drags in 03 or 04, I forget.
    Ran a very potent 199 cu in overhead valve 6 cylinder with the stock automatic. The car was involved in a famous grudge match in which it lost the first race but won ever race thereafter....er, against my 63 Ramblur 199 flathead 6 banger with manual 3 speed...

Attached Files:

19. Church Key

Church Key

[​IMG] It must of taken a lot of convincing to get the driver in this car.

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

OMG!!!!!!!!.......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:........cast iron balls.:p

21. red fox

red fox
    from (OHIO)

22. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

"Ain't it Cool"?
    Any #'s?
    Looks like a prime candidate for a canopy.

23. Nitro Nick

Nitro Nick

These were some of the first fotees I ever took. April 1970 at Castleragh International Raceway.
    Parramatta Spares junior fueller versus Kevin Pinkston (I think)

[​IMG]

The Headhunter Torana funny car (nee altered) versus the Shaker Monaro

[​IMG]

24. Nitro Nick

Nitro Nick

Talking of Castlereagh this is the very last race of the Last race - Graeme Cowin's funny car versus the McGee Fuel dragster
    [​IMG]

25. Nitro Nick

Nitro Nick

Russell Simpson's funny car catches fire off the line against Peter Russo at Calder
    [​IMG]

26. Hey Jon (Nitro Nick),

The photo of the junior fueller a couple of posts back (#12179) looks to me as if it's Jim Read in the 'Parramatta Spares' junior fueller against Ross Mellish in the ex-Ash Marshall 'Vandal' in the far lane.

See ya at the track. Cheers.

Steve.

27. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Sure looks like standard big block Chevy stuff to me with home made sheet aluminum valve covers.

28. WCD

WCD

It was driven by one of the Arfon Bors, Walt or Art

29. Church Key

Church Key

It was an Arfon's car, but I don't think it was driven by them.

30. Church Key

Church Key