Register now to get rid of these ads!

When your drunk neighbors invite you for a beer...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Juztyn00, Dec 10, 2008.

1. studematt

studematt

Thats a 57 pontiac in there not a buick.

2. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

I kind of feel sorry for the old guy. He probably hasn't even priced sandpaper in 30 years.

If he can't afford a rattle-can of primer and some garage fix-up, he will never be able to afford even a small toolbox.

Sad.

3. Rogers Performance

Rogers Performance

I have one of these guys up the street from me maybe a mile whole back yard full of cars and a model A under some covers. Going to restore it he says sad very sad.

4. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

I hate it for the old guy, but totally understand. My grandfather had dreams for his fathers car too. Never did a thing, then they sucked up in an estate sale. What a shame.

5. Juztyn00

Juztyn00

Yup they are his to do with what he likes, I'm not going to annoy him since I'm sure he's been annoyed about the car before. I can't afford to make a decent cash offer anyways.

Yes 57 Pontiac and 29 A. I was guessing from what I saw the first time.

The guy was driving a new Cummins Diesel, and from what my neighbors have told me is retired military and owns lots of rental properties in this (college)town. The house that they are parked at is his Aunts house(Late 90's) and was insured. He said the plan is to demolish and rebuild the house due to the damage on from the tree. I really got the feeling from this guy that money meant very little to him.

6. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

X2! Holy crap just because you turn wrenches as a hobby everyone thinks you can fix everything. I just stopped talking to my neighbors.....fuckers wanted me to fix everything! "Welding contest" Dude i want to hang with you guys!

7. sloppy-ollies

sloppy-ollies
    from Jersey

Horseshoes, cheap beer, welding contest, vintage cars tucked away in barns? Sounds like a slice of heaven to me!

8. solid

solid

Yeah, it sucks, but i was thinking the same thing. If he has the kind of spunk to do a complete resto on em, then you think he would have fixed, or built a new garage by now. They belong to him, and he can do what he wants, but those guys are always"gonna get around to fixin em up one of these days". Dont want to ruffle any feathers, just my two cents. GREAT STORY ANYWAY.

9. bluestang67

bluestang67

Justy I just missed it that day rolled into Goreville at Lake Egypt about 9 PM . Trees where down on 57 for about 15 miles and a 20 ft sail boat upside down in the meridian . How is everything down there now have the towns recovered all back to normal . Everyone alright .

10. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

I wonder if grandma is rolled-up in the carpet inside the sedan??

Sorry, was thinking of the family truckster and Chevy Chase for a minute...

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Umm, that A coupe looks a lot like a Tudor too....

12. so.ill.

so.ill.

I've got a bit of charm the "old birds" love... tell u what ill come down the, im not too far away, ill woo her into parting ways with the hardware... u get the 56 i get the 28 for doing the dirty work. lol

13. Juztyn00

Juztyn00

Returning to normal slowly... I saw that boat in the meridian right near the Marion Exit. I wasn't woken up by chainsaw noise this morning so that's a good sign I suppose.

14. We had a guy like that when I was in High school that owned the wrecking yard that we liked to rumage through. He had three old '55-'57 T-Birds under a tarp in his house yard. If you even asked about them he would get pissed an run you off. That was thirty years ago, the yard is now a river parkway and I don't even know what happened to the cars, but they were stored out in the weather and pretty rotton then. Sad! :mad:

15. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

The story seems too far fetched looking at the hulk.

Retirement usually comes in the form of a funeral :p

16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

My neighbors tend to just get cranky when i drink, or loud and stupid when they drink. No cool car finds in this process though!

17. Juztyn00

Juztyn00

Trade in progress!!!:D:D:D:D I helped the guy move some logs using my jeep and he decided he really liked it. My buddy jokingly said "Justin would trade you that Jeep for that old A" and He said well Hell I like the Jeep, I'd do that." SO IT BEGINS!.. He's going to get the title out of his safety deposit box tomorrow and the we have to carefully jack up the leaning garage to get the cars out. Not sure what he wants to do with the 56 so it might be for sale shortly as well. More pics!

Attached Files:

18. TERPU

TERPU

wow! That's really cool!

Good luck,

Tim

19. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Congrats on the trade. That looks like a good Model A to start on. By the way, it looks like a 57 Pontiac, not a 56.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  20. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

Thats great! You can't always tell what someone is thinking and this time everyone gets what they want.......

Steve

21. Way to go! well done for being patient. Good things come to those who wait --- sometimes! lol

22. Right on, a trade in the works!

s.

23. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

my frunk neighbor invited me pver once. I took him up on the offer and he was so wasted he took his wallet out and started pulling out random money. I waked away with a beer and 50 bucks

24. Hmmmm......that A looks pretty good really, just a coating of dirt.
    Yes, that's a 57 Pontiac, not a 56.
    I guess you could run a 57 Pontiac engine in a Ford product.:D

25. spununit

spununit

Persistence pays off! Well done.

26. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Good score!!

Just check if there's anything in your beer next time your at their place as I'm sure they won't be too happy that you scored it for yourself instead of them.;)

27. striper

striper

Shit, last time I had a drunk neighbour come into my shed she offered me a warm beer and invited me over because her defacto husband was away. Stunk like pee.

I declined, closed up the shed and went inside. When the lights went out next door I went back to work. That was when I lived in the burbs. No neighbours close enough to bother me now.

God I miss her

28. Wow what a great find.................

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't get killed trying to get it out of that "garage".:eek:

Nice score, congrats.:cool:

30. Nice deal !! I would really like that bicycle >>>>.