Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rumor has it no more day of the drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36stude, May 6, 2009.

1. 36stude

36stude

Hey guys i was talkin to some guys at pate swapmeet and they were sayin no more kontinental day of the drags as put on in temple texas. I sent an email to them and never got a reply. Dose anyone have any info or heard anything? I was buliding a car for that show but i was wonderin if i should continue. let me know thanks

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Dang that would suck - hopefully its just a rumor. . .

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that's a false rumor fellas.

4. Good. I'm hoping to make it there with the digger if I don't blow it up at the HAMB drags.

5. Wesley

Wesley

The Central Texas Street Rod event that was held in May is no more, that may be the event they were talking about. The last I heard The Day of the Drags is still on.

6. 36stude

36stude

The kontinentals replyed to our email and said that it was a false rumor, date set for october 17-18 2009.

7. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Cool - see ya there!

8. Day of the Drags...October 17?????? Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the weekend of the NHRA California Hot Rod Reunion at Bakersfield. I know it wont effect "many" HAMB'rs, but some of us will be out West. Damn, I hate missing the Day at the Drags. Gretchen loves that one.

Puuuulllease change it to before or after?

9. dragnews

dragnews

It is a very good show,but for those needing a fix of Nitro in May...Make the drive to Ardmore Oklahoma for the White Walls & Drgas ..Show!!!!!See Gretchen and the Gizzle Hopper Fuel coupe,plus lots more action on and off the track. May 30 Ardmore Dragway..............Rob

10. Correct - some people may be confusing the Hill Country Street Rods event in May with ours - The Day of the Drags is still on for October 17 & 18th, 2009

http://www.dayofthedrags.com/

see you there...

11. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Not to make a big deal out of it, but Bakersfield is a whole other horse race. No longer nostalgic, it is a 5 second millionaire club now.

I kind of gave up when all the golf carts arrived, and they need an hour to clean the track each run. Not to mention the wall is almost 4 feet high, so all you see is the top of the cars going down the track. Then the professional spectators setting-up tents on the bleachers, and the 500 photographers all getting the same shot on the starting line.

Not to ruin everyone elses fun, but I think there are two different types of people who go the two events. If you gotta have that $8 hot dog, you gotta have it. Enjoy!

12. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

aww man, now I want a greasy track burger from Temple, or a frito pie burger from mokan.

any other day of the year, and it's just another pre-frozen patty with some yellow cheese type substance on it with an overripe tomato slice, some mayo that is probably gonna give You intestenal distress, and some wilted lettuce....

but on 2 very special days of the Year, it is a meal fit for a king.