Register now to get rid of these ads!

who makes SBF fenderwell headers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, May 16, 2009.

1. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I am trying to avoid paying big $$$ to have custom headers made.

Does anybody make SBF fenderwell headers? I am wanting a pair for my 65 Ford Falcon.

Thanks,
    Lotus

Deuces likes this.
  2. earlymopar

earlymopar

A lot of times, it is easiest to buy a pair for a Chevy and then cut-off the flanges and adapt and weld-on the Ford flanges. Saves a bundle of work and money.

3. That would be really tough if you think about the port spacing of a Ford vs. a Small Block Chevy

Joe Travers and Scumdog like this.
  4. rallisracing

rallisracing

You might look at some roundy-round suppliers. They make some specialty headers for some different chassis that might work. But I have never saw any for sale that were specifically fenderwell. I always wanted some so I could blow dirt like the Chevy II guys did, just to get even........;)

5. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Try big block chevy headers for something like a tri-five.

6. Tubes will probably be too big for a small block Ford to run decent. In fact they would they would probably ocover the bolt holes! If there was enough straight tube out of the port you might get away with doing a "Step Header " arrangement, but probably not.
    Nor trying to be a downer, it's just that as someone who R&D's headers for a living I can say I think it will be a tough road.

7. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I was almost thinking something like this might work...might look stupid though to.

Use these headers...cut and shoot them out further at the top if need be.
    [​IMG]

and cut them off at the bottom and weld this on...
    [​IMG]

or maybe these...
    [​IMG]
    and splice this in...
    [​IMG]

8. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

What front suspension do you have (stock falcon, mustang II, tube axle?).

9. silent rick

silent rick

i had a set from hooker headers. they were intended for a small block swap into a courier pickup. i don't know if hooker even offers them anymore. might be worth a look into.

hooker also made a fenderwell header for 66-77 broncos that might work with your application

10. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

going with a straight axle. Removing the shock towers for sure. May remove more of the fender well and put in some tubing support from the front rails to the firewall so room is not a problem.

I contacted Sanderson and they said no they do not have any but that Hooker used to and might still. I went to the hooker site and could not find much of anything and I emailed them...no reply yet.

11. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

This might be the way I have to go....thanks for the heads up on the bronco stuff...

# Super Comp Headers1966-77 Bronco 302W
    # 1-5/8'' x 37'' Primary Tubes
    # 3" Collector
    # High Temp Black Paint
    520-9814
    [​IMG]

12. dirttoo

dirttoo

Let us know if you use these. I am needing some too but not yet ready for them. THANKS

13. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

What brand headers are the two bottom pictures from?

Thanks
    Jon

14. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

no clue...just some headers i found on speedwaymotors.com

15. Mr.Machine

Mr.Machine

Did anyone manage to figure out anything for fenderwells for a falcon SB ford? Did you get the bronco ones? I am going to do a 63 falcon and I am going to need to figure out the headers soon.

16. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

try this site, they have alot interesting SB ford headers that could easily be adpated into something pretty nasty. .

http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/product.htm

17. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I needed some roadster headers for my SBF altered, but the problem I had was that the all ready built headers tubes were too small (I needed 1 7/8" tubes). I bought a set of flanges from Summit racing to fit the heads I'm running ($40.00), then I bought a 1 7/8" tube SBC roadster hear kit from Jegs for something like $100.00, after a few cuts, and welding the tubes back up, I got the headers I needed for $150.00.
    [​IMG]

18. hotrod4399

hotrod4399
    from minnesota

I made some for my 60 comet bought some 1 3/4 flanges with stubs off ebay then got a 1 3/4 weld up lit from jeggs a few cuts and tack welds and they started making sense it honestly only took about an hour per side they may not be equal length but they looked good and sounded great

Attached Files:

Joe Travers, Turns, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  19. I know this is an old thread, any updates on small block ford fenderwell headers??

20. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Check out Southeast Gassers web site there are a fair amount of Falcon Gassers running there is also their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/southeastgassers/ You might ask about the headers there too.

Deuces and fiveoh108 like this.
  21. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

E740D77F-5BE5-4E3A-BDD0-F5A9035E03D6.jpeg FC1698A3-3931-4909-B24C-5C54D855D976.jpeg How about these? We have cut them back a little and turned the back and down.

Bones

fiveoh108 likes this.
  22. Boneyard51 likes this.
  23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Usually a lot easier to buy BBC fenderwell headers and cut off the flange to adapt to SBF. And BBC fenderwell headrs for the Tri Five are darn cheap at Speedway. Like under $250. They also go up pretty well before turning down.

24. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa