Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Road Trip to Pete & Jakes Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagehotrods, May 13, 2009.

1. Congrats to your son! Thats a big day for you and Char. Wish we could have cruised together since I haven't made it out to the Reliability Run for a couple of years and the weather looks like its going to be perfect. See you in Watertown?

2. Great pics, lots of really nice cars, plus Norms Puke Truck. Thanks for sharing.

3. 6inarow

6inarow

Hey Jerry, thanks for the pics. Looks like it was a lot of fun. We missed connections last time but call next time you go through Brookville. My 56 is almost ready to hit the street (next week maybe??) sans interior, but good enough for me.

I didnt see any pics of your car - post one up!

Tom

4. draggin breath

draggin breath

X2 on the '39 tudor's rims. ALSO,the yellow 3 window street rod with the blower motor and vacuum brales; I was always told that's impossible without a vacuum pump which wouldn.t affect it's running poorly. this DA old timer would like to know.

5. I'll do that. Or maybe we will see you and the '56 down here too. This is the only pic I took of my car mainly because I took it of Randy and Pam walking toward me. I've been accused in the past of taking too many pics of it!
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Pete &amp; Jakes Open House 2009</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. The booster line taps right into the carb base plate outlet like normal non-blown set-up. On Denny's coupe it is hooked up to the rear carb. The car has been runnning it for 25 years and the diaphram finally wore out and sprung a leak. I thing Denny told me the booster was off a '65 or newer Mustang.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a fun time... thanks for posting

8. I couldn't walk away from that car. I want one! I looked at it for a long time......about 45 minutes. Every so ofter they would start it up and rap it a little. I felt like a crack junkie hooked on listening to that car. I tried to get my cell phone recording it but they usually shut it down a few seconds after I got it set up and recording. It had a wicked sound too it. The owner is taking it to Good Guys at Indy to run it. Wish I could be there to see it.

9. zzford

zzford

I think I just experienced sensory overload.

10. alchemy

alchemy

If I had the opportunity to attend an event with 'Bonneville Record Holding' Dennis Slaymaker, I probably would have left my ride at home and hopped in his coupe!

Is he shooting pics of pinstriping for ideas for his work? He pinstriped my Dad's '33 almost 30 years ago.

11. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

sweet pics, thanks.

12. rusty28a

rusty28a

Norm is my hero!

13. chevy3755

chevy3755

thanks for the pics..........

14. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Great pics! Love that black 40. Those rims look like they must be custom wide five 15 inchers.

15. looks like a great time, i even see li howard there. thanks for posting.
    Al.

16. 40 HP

40 HP
    from 90045

Great post - thanks!

17. Abomination

Abomination

Wow! I actually know a few of those people! LOL!

~Jason

18. vintagehotrods ... WOW! ... what a great PIC thread! ... thanks for taking the time to upload (& resize) the photos to your picasa logo.jpg site ... and sharing your adventure with us!

19. I almost did but I couldn't stand it not driving the roadster on such a nice weekend plus I would have had to drive my daily driver to Spencer and back. You never know what Denny is up to next. When I retire I want to be just like him! I asked why he is still shooting film with 35MM camera and he says he still likes doing it the old way better. Imagine that!!:D We had a blast cruising together. Who else would be driving the same old 6-71 blown hot rod for 25 years and carry a spare magneto, a timing light and an assortment of Holley power valves!

20. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

21. My wife thinks I'm nuts cuz I came to bed at 3:30 AM last night after doing that!! She's right tho!!

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

That is a heck of a roadtrip........and nice chatting with you guys.......see you on the Salt......Funny, I sorta' took a reverse picture of you guys.......I think that "Ryan" borrowed the Woodie for a wedding for one of his friends a couple of years back.

I had Norm sign some stuff for our future boy "Henry Jenner"......aka:Henry J.

Chris

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJ_7Z1K29gE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJ_7Z1K29gE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attached Files:

23. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for the posting. Good to know that people still get their rides out and drive them.

24. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

Very nice pictures, engine captioned SB2 is a beautiful engine but not NASCAR Sb2. SB2 did not have siamese 3-5 or 4-6 cylinders as that engine does. Heads are similar to BBC.

25. Roadsir

Roadsir

Gotta love spur of the moment trips. Denny's coupe is my all time local favorite...(toss up with Vinthers 3W) Eastwood & Barakat my all time favorite sedan.

What is it about going on long trips and always getting pulled over close to home???

26. I REALLY like this deuce sedan!

27. Thanks for the great thread, alot of awesome stuff to check out!

28. <TABLE class=tborder id=post3916709 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3916709 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: My Road Trip to Pete & Jakes Open House
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by vintagehotrods [​IMG]
    [​IMG]URL
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I REALLY like this deuce sedan!

brett, that sedan belongs to lil howard here on the hamb.
    Al.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

29. Dyce

Dyce

Thanks for the pictures Jerry!! I have to stop at P&J's every time I go that direction. I just talked to Jack Slaymaker today at the shop. He had his 34 in town today. Wish I had the camera at the shop!!! That's a sweet car too.
    Jeff

30. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Great footage. Thanks for sharing. Curts shop is just amazing. That would be a place that I could spend a day in just drooling all day.