Register now to get rid of these ads!

60 Chev Brookwood 2 door wagon.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket88, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Rocket88

Rocket88

I just found one, unfortunately it's not for sale.
    A pretty rare car though.
    I've seen a couple sedan delivery's, but never a 2 door 60 wagon.
    The guy said there only a few hundred made.
    I like seeing stuff like that.

2. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I see em on ebay all the time, bout 1 a month. Usually go for stupid money.

3. jimmie44

jimmie44

Hi, If you are looking for a 60 2 door brookwood station wagon, I have one for sale. I can send you a write up and pics if interested. Jim in Florida

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Woudln't that be a Nomad? JUst curious? I know they had 4 door Nomads as well.

5. DrJ

DrJ

No, the Brookwood was the bottom of the trim levels and in '58, Nomad just became the top trim level, Impala like trim level, but it was a four door only.
    Our local South Coast Late Great Chevy's Chapter Prez has one that's pretty nice.
    And he drives it!
    It was Chevy's excuse to make the delivery and El Camino, which share a lot of body parts with that two door wagon.
    The two door tri-five Nomads are prized today but they weren't exactly a great sales success at the time.
    The general public, especially station wagon/mommy box buyers were pretty dumb to "cool" then too as it is today. :(

6. HatchetFace

HatchetFace
    from So. Cal.

def. not a Nomad, as DrJ writes...those 2 door wagons are KAF too!! last yr's. VLV, some Candians drove down, slept, ate, partied, you name it in a black Brookwood...it was love at first sight for me...i have heard if you can find one for cheap, take it, even if it doesn't run, worth the cash...

7. I love All the 1960 Chevrolets, There was the Nomad and the Brookwood, but where does the Parkwood fit in? Does it use the Bel-Air trim? Some Station Wagons are freaking cool. I saw a Candy Orange '60 Brookwood at the World Of Wheels, God it was beautiful.

8. JamesG

JamesG

I think the Kingswood was the one with the third row of seats in the back that faced outward the rear of the car. Those are VERY rare.

9. Nomad: Impala trim, 6 pass (2 seats) all are 4-doors

Kingswood: Bel Air trim, 9 pass (3 seats), all are 4 doors

Parkwood: Bel Air trim, 6 pass, all are 4 doors

Brookwood: Biscayne trim, 6 pass, 2 and 4 doors...

Sedan Delivery: Biscayne trim, usually these have a solo bucket seat... rarer versions will have two bucket seats. No back seats. Normally people put in a bench seat from a 2-door car (split back)

I think that covers all the 59 and 60 wagons. 60 was the last year for Sedan Deliveries... 61 was the last year for Nomads (full sized)... they did offer (I think) 9 pass Nomads in 61...

Anyway....

Travis

10. There were roughly 14000 2-door wagons built in '60, and only about a third as many deliveries. Compared to the ~200000 4-door wagons, I guess they can be considered "rare".

11. The Brookwood was a working wagon, a plane jane. They were real popular with painters and the like. Plenty of room to haul paint and ladders and the like.

They had a different name in '58 as I recall but I can't for the life of me think if what it was.

12. Yeoman. They also had the Del Ray in 58.

Travis

13. They are still out there. Deliverys seem to be the "slim-pick'ns" though.

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Dude, please stop pulling up every old ass '60 Wagon post from 2-5 years ago.

We get it. You like station wagons.

15. I have a picture of an Orange 58 Yeoman I took in the mid 70's outside of Goddard, Kansas from the window of my Boss 302 as I was headed to Colorado. It was really cool looking car. :cool: Only one I've ever seen.:eek:
    I love just about any kind of 2 door wagon or sedan or panel delivery. They are so cool. Even the 2 door Pinto wagons were great looking.:)

16. Rocket88man

Rocket88man

I have a '60 2 door Brookwood wagon I may sell. It is a rock solid CA-AZ car. It was a 2 owner old man running 6 cyl car when I bought it in '92 in Tucson with 66,000 miles on it. I started doing the car but switched projects. It has a '68 Chevy 327-300 hp, all rebuilt with a rebuilt 700R4 trans. It is 98 % complete, only missing the tailgate, which was stolen. A lot is done but it needs to be finished. The body and frame are gorgeous, and it is partially painted. It is in Scottsdale, AZ.