Register now to get rid of these ads!

Santa Maria Street Camping???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodFreak, May 10, 2009.

1. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Since all hotels are full does anyone know of an area where sleeping in cars is tolerated or a small tent set up near the Fair Park without local police hassle.

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

how about sharing a hotel room on Friday night?

anyone?

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will supply the earplugs for the snoring!
    ha

4. mopedcouple

mopedcouple

some one told me that you can camp in any wal-mart parking lot, I think it is only for full set ups though. I don't know if it is true or not, but there is a wal mart in santa maria. Its not to far from the fairpark. there is also a camp ground on the north part of town. it use to be a KOA camp ground, i don't know if its full or not. If you are feeling real ballsie, there are a ton of farm fields just west of the fair park. if you go that route you are taking a chance of a drunk field worker slamming into your car in the middle of the night. Last year there was some people crashing out in the JC Penny parking lot (about a block or two from the fair park). hope this helps if i think of anywhere else i will let you know

5. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can camp at any walmart parking lot .. or on the north side of town there is a little rv park that will let you through up tents for a couple bucks

6. 61TBird

61TBird

Only if you have an RV or a trailer.
    WalMart won't let you pitch a tent in the parking lot.
    Yes,I know how that sounds......

7. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

You can camp on the beach or state park in Pismo about 20 minutes north

8. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

9. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They will let you sleep in your car though..i sleept in that parking lot many of nights when i was going through stuff with the ex...

10. At the last Paso, we slept in the Walmart parking lot. We did not have a trailer or camper. There were a handful of other cars from the show with people sleeping in them.

Sleeping is the key word here. If you expect for it to be a raging party, or plan on having one, I'm sure they will kick you out and it will probably screw it up for everyone else.

I'm going the hotel route this year.

11. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

Check other towns near by. We're staying at the Hampton Inn in Lompoc Friday night.
    Michael

12. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Thanks guys for the response.
    Those are viable options.

13. 61TBird

61TBird

Thanks,I should have added sleeping in a car...

14. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

There's always the little town of Gary! Maybe you could pitch a tent out there?
    Also head out RT.166 towards Cuyama (my be able to pitch a tent near Twitchell Res.?). Give Santa Maria Speedway a call see if they will let you stay in their parking area?
    Just a few suggestions..... for this late in the game!

15. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

can't you park and sleep in any area zoned as county? or is that just in L A county?

16. hcar

hcar
    from Santa Ynez

Try Los Alamos 15 min. away

17. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

Anybody need a room? I have a couple of rooms at the Motel 6 that are available. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks, Randy

18. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

I still have one room available at Motel 6 in Santa Maria. If anybody wants it, it's yours. Just let me know at [email protected] The Rate is $52.00 per night, It's available Thur, Fri & Sat nights. One room w/ 2 Full size Beds.
    Thanks,
    Randy

19. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

at paso we slept right in front of the inn on the hood grass & in the car last year some of my Friends slept at the top of the inns parking lot and they didn't get hassled! theres to much going on for the cops to respond!

20. Raunchy49

Raunchy49
    from Lompoc CA

you can check out lompoc its only 15 min away and probally the cheapest in the area. Super 8, Holiday Inn, and Embassy Suties are decent places to stay. you also got los alamos and buellton about 30 min from santa maria