Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nexxussian

nexxussian

Not exclusively, I remember a few of those :rolleyes: (and that term).

Yeah, the 'time out' genereation doesn't (as a rule) have any idea of how to behave, especially around other people's stuff.

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

The W motor in the T gets a lot of "misinformed" comments.

It's been called a hemi, a smallblock, a bigblock, one of those new crate motors, etc.

When asked what motor it is and i say a 348, I have been informed Chevrolet didn't make that size motor.

I have been a little surprised though how many young folks ask "348 or 409?". So there may be hope.

Also I can't count the times I have been told I need to paint over the blue shiney paint with flat black and paint the wheels red.

Gotta love the lemmings out there.

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

What would a car look like if we did to it everything idiots told us to? Mine would be painted, what would yours be?

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

That's odd, mine would be primered. LOL

5. it takes all kinds
    You could say "Oh Mr Fancy pants 70's new car. Wish I could afford a new car like you uppity rich folk!"

6. bshepherd

bshepherd
    from michigan

i tend to keep my mouth shut at shows, if I don't know I'd rather ask questions than make assanine assumptions. I started going to car shows when I was like 8 yrs old, my dad would tell me if you touch anyones car you're never gonna get to come here again. Being a kid who loved cars that was enough for me. On the same hand my brother had a 69 mach 1 and was told all the time the this was wrong or that car never came that way. It was stock except for heads, intake and carb. Best hting to do is ignore the ignorant and tech those willing to learn and maybe they won't offend someone else

7. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

Ha ha that's what I was going to post.

"so when are you going to finish it?"

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

9. iamspencer

iamspencer

Not my ride but was at a show with a friend of mine who just got his drag galaxie out of the paint booth all lettered and what not with fake sponsers and such

a guy went on and on about how he rememberd the car from years back...

10. What year is your Lincoln?

11. Running boards and Shiny black paint draw brats and moron parents like
    flies to shit. "Sure, I LOVE little grubby hand prints on my car." :D
    "I Don't mind your rug rats climbing on my car.":rolleyes: Nothing better than an totally oblivious parent at a car show.:confused:
    I love well behaved kids but I think they are an endangered species :eek:

12. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

After reading thru all the posts I have a suggestion I think ALL will like.:D

Years ago I worked with a guy who had the right idea and I think it could
    be used at car shows for the kind of people that have been listed here.
    He had a large number of business cards printed up.
    On one side they read:
    . . . "Me Thinkest Thou Art a ***head"
    and on the other side:
    . . . "Thou Art Cordially Invited to Get Thyself ***ed"

You could pass these out without saying a word

Note variations could be used in the 'starred' locations :D

13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I had one of those experts sighting down the side of my old 56 Chevy...it was a lot of work to get straight, and was painted Porsche Red, very shiney, too.
    He told his kid..."this must be one of those fiberglass cars". I guess it wasn't dinged up and rusty, so it COULDN'T be steel!
    I didn't know they made 56 Chevies in 'glass!

14. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

15. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Some poor kid at a show one time was asking me all about my chevy, and I was nice and kindly answered all his questions.After he informed me that my roof could not have possibly came the way it was from the factory (no windows on the back?) he starts to tell me about his new project... This poor bastard... he had apperantly just bought himself a 57 MUSTANG... with the original big-block flathead, and a supercharged transmission... I informed him just how rare a set-up he had found. Needless to say he was pretty stoked to find out he had got himself a 1-of-a-kind vehicle!

16. 67 dartona

67 dartona
    from Virginia

My '67 Dart 4-door is a daily driver. When I pop the hood, I always get the comment, "your engine is crooked, you have a broken motor mount". I reply "No, it's supposed to look like that". I have 225 slant six in it. My favorite is the old guys who say "Why did you take the push button shifting out, that was stupid!?!". "Um, no sir, that was dropped in '65 or '66, I can't remember which". The clincher? One old timer says "Bullshit kid!", I'm 49 when this happens, "every frickin' Mopar had push button shifting until that Iacoca cola prick ran the company into the shitter". I had nothing for that. LOL I loved that old guy...............

17. joemarsicano

joemarsicano
    from Palmyra PA

And what is up with stuffed animals at car shows?

18. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

"I used to have a '40 Ford just like that!", From the old guy on the curb while I was riding in a '37 Chevrolet.

Same parade, different guy "See those white wall tires? They cost about $2,000 a peice that's why you don't seem them anymore!"

O/T - All the time people tell me "Nice GTO" when I'm in my Firebird. Honest enough mistake though.

Educating people is one thing but you can't educated someone who already knows it all. I'll gladly talk about whatever kind of wheels you have as long as your not an a$$ about it.

19. BigRed390

BigRed390

Personal favorites.....

62 galaxie. 390. red. White top. 15 inch red wheels with dog dishes and rings.

You should put a mustang engine in it! My (insert relative here) has a new mustang GT and it's faster than anything at this show! I know cause i've ridden in it!

Hey cracker! That ride needs some 24's on it! That shit would be TIGHT!

You should put fins on it! That would make it more fun!
    To which i replied... "fins, huh? where can i find those?"
    "Oh, autozone has them! I'm sure! My friend just got a set of hood scoops for his CRX, so i know they make fins that just stick on!"

20. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

and them dumbass "pouting kids" I just want to punt that little som-bitch over the car lot. That shit aint funny or cool. so what is it?

21. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Some guy told me "You should put a 350 in your Acadian, disc brakes, tubb the back, put on huge back tires with 22" wheels and make it into a Pro Street car"
    The 90's are over and I hate Pro Street style cars...

Attached Files:

22. Naw, thet cain't bee. I got me a pole barn fulla them bad boys. Found em in a barn in lower Slobovia after WWII.
    :p

23. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

Let me come to the defense of a guy who's son -WAS- gonna build the car then got killed in some far off forgotten conflict....
    Most guys wont -really- tell you why they wont sell. Its less painful to give a lil BS. Been there.

24. Darn funny stuff. :D
    I agree with your last statment 100%. :)
    Did I tell you about my 68 Shelby GT 500 with the Boss 427 engine? All original.:cool:

25. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

Amen, brother!!!:D

26. at solon commons car cruise i had some jackass come up to my coupe with the big block chevy and tell me
    "nice car,..too bad it has a baboons heart for an engine".
    to which i replied:
    "f*#k you einstein! what'd you drive here!
    then the pussy walks away.
    he musta drove a honda.

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

There was the guy who while looking at the finned aluminum twin plug head on my '32 Plymouth said "You know how long it's been since I have seen one of those?" I said "I guess pretty long since I made the head and I only made one." He said he ment something else. And then the guy who should have known better asking me if I had a nozzle in each injector

Attached Files:

28. I bought an AOD tranny from a local seller off Epay for $100 and stopped at the car wash on my way home to degrease it. Two guys pull up in the next stall with a nice boat with a BBC and tunnel ram. As I'm struggling to lift the AOD back into my truck the boat owner comes up to me and says "What is that a Crankcase?". I told him what it was, in retrospect I should have told him it was a hemi.

29. CadillacCorey

CadillacCorey

30. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Apparently they are cool to somebody (not me). Get over your anger issues dude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.