Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is This 49 F1 worth 3K..Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henrys_way, May 10, 2009.

1. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

I just looked at a 1949 F1 For Sale. The guy wants $3000 for it. It has a 6 cyl. that doesnt run but will turn over. Im not to worried about that. I hate the Bed, I would have to get an original style bed for it, but I was wondering what some Hambers thought. Is it worth it? Hes pretty set on the price. I want an original F1 I can drive, and work on.

Attached Files:

2. hvychvy

hvychvy

I'd think 3 grand would be a little steep for it,since it doesn't run,and your going to hafe to find a bed.You might have quite a bit in it,just to get it on the road,brakes and all.I'd look around a little more.It all comes down to if its what you want,and you think its worth it,snatch it up.Looks solid though.

3. screwball

screwball

Id pass you should be able to find a complete truck for that$$$$

4. havi

havi

Agreed. There's a lot of red flags here. Put a fridge magnet all over it on the front fender seams, cab corners, running board to fender areas, among other places. Look at the flatbed, see if it has the Ford script on it. I would say $1000 at best. Oh crap, I just looked at the larger pics. Not an original bed for sure, running boards are for a regular bed and look cut. Lots rust and paint peeling, etc....$500 at best. Late model wheels also.

Last edited: May 10, 2009

5. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

$3,000? for what? Walk away from that right now......maybe you should run. Cripes, it doesn't even run! $1,000 tops.

6. Those trucks rust out here in the CA desert, so I could only imagine in Maine...

Look it over really good. I'd say if it not full of rust and bondo, it might be a decent deal. How many non-rotten F1's are in the North East?

As far as not running, it might just need fresh gas, carb and gas tank..

The key is to look it over good. Bring a friend with you that knows what to look for too. Even if you know yourself, you might overlook something in what I call "the jollies" of buying a new project.

7. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Hey...thanks guys....Desetratrodder...i Gotta agree with you...I didnt post the other F1's I looked at, let alone take pictures of them..Up here in Maine everything is rotten. I dont think its worth 3 grand and would try to for less. Thanks for all the help though, form everyone.

8. gearhead1952

gearhead1952

I just sold a 51 f1 with 6 cyl and it ran. Needed brakes, wiring and glass and had a much better body for $1500. Might consider a road trip out of state to find something nicer.

9. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Im agreeing with you all. And yeah Skidmarks, the seller thinks hes got a gold mine, its unfortunate.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  10. hoof

hoof

I bought three and a half F1's, and a Lincoln Continental as a donor for less than 3K, a lot less. I got an F1 in about that condition off ebay for $221.50.
    CHAZ

11. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I gave $750 for the 51 in my avatar and it already had a wore out 283 glide with headers and aluminum intake. My truck is rougher though. I would say $1000-$1500 for that truck

12. Yeah, that's too much. If you're willing to take a ride, I've seen some better specimens in the Rhode Island and Eastern Connecticut craigslists lately for better $$

13. Of course I just looked for said craigslist ads and they're all gone. I'd still hold out though. I paid way too much for mine when I got it, or at least felt like I did. $2500 for a truck needing floors, rockers, patching/replacing all four fenders...but it's a V-8 that runs

14. Its in California but I am only looking to get around 6k for mine and its already chopped and channeled. If that ones worth 3k I should raise the price of mine to at least 12k LMAO:)
    You should offer him no more than 500 for it. It looks like about a 400 truck to me.

15. Mudville

Mudville

Just go with what all the others have said, "too much"! and RUN, don't walk.

16. Dirk35

Dirk35

Thats a $300-600 buy around Oklahoma area.

17. banjorear

banjorear

I would agree. A bit steep for what it is.

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Yea there was one for sale here in Enid awhile back for $3500 with a 350/350, running and driving.

19. Roothawg

Roothawg

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  20. kingrollo

kingrollo

I paid $1500.00 for my '52 and it was already chopped! That's a $1000.00 truck, max. As everyone here has said "run, don't walk!".

21. I paid 2500.00 for my 51- 50,000 orriginal miles, 6 cylinder 4 speed. Had it running about an hour after I got home. The front fenders have a little rot, but other than that it is rust free. The floor still has factory Ford blue paint on it!

This is the day after I got it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]