Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Stromberg 97 & 94 Scott tops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jason Minahan, Apr 29, 2009.

1. I also lean towards the Scott and SP type however yours look great. Am also interested in a set for factory tripower 2 GCs Go for it!!

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A good fitting and working SP style tops would be the thing!

3. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Good stuff for sure 94s would be welcome

4. Jason Minahan

Jason Minahan

Howdy all,
    Spent wednesday and thursday cutting out patterns on the CNC. Tell me what you think. We got a hold of some spiffy free machining plastic supposedly designed for this exact purpose. The rest are made of maple.

I'll probably spend Monday finishing things then crate it up and off to the foundry we go.

Jason

Attached Files:

5. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

Here is a closeup of one of the wood patterns.

Attached Files:

6. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

sweet! lookin' like a quality product so far!! can't wait to see the foundry's quality!

7. alchemy

alchemy

Round the edges a bit. Make it look like it belongs on the Stromberg.

curbspeed likes this.
  8. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Please tell me a foundry in the USA?
    "Made in the USA" goes a loooong way in whether I buy a product, now more than ever. The "off shore" foundries may have the manufacturing procedures and practices right but the metallurgy always seems low quality.

I like the design and block letter logo, and agree with the round the edges post.

M. McFly

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  9. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Wow, you don't mess around. Nice work.

10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I can round my own edges on 'em...

11. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

They would look great on a manifold where there are pairs of carbs side by side like on the first post.
    My 3 engines, like most I think, are all set up for a single line of 2 or 3 carbs.
    Personally I think that these would look like crap on my in-line manifilds (flathead 2x2, and 2 Offy 3x2's on a Y block and an SBC).
    Is this going to be cost effective in such a small market?

12. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

All of our parts are designed, cast and machined in the USA.

The edges are not going to be sharp in the casting, nor will they be machined. Do you want them completely rounded off?

13. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

The originals are rare, and many people are interested in them. So, we decided to build new versions. I believe there is a large enough market to make it worthwhile.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  14. The Scott tops are cool. I would suggest coming up with a filter that fits down inside the tubes instead of on top like that previous picture. I have SP carb tops on my car and would love a filter that fits under a screen. I need six if your gonna make them.

Attached Files:

15. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

Yeah... that photo with the filter on top isn't something I'd ever like to see on my car. We were looking into filters to fit inside, and located supplier, but the things are super expensive. I know running w/o a filter worries people, so I want to do something about that issue.

16. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Really professional work! I quess I'll just have to buy my own CNC-machine, would be faster to implement this kind of projects... eh? :D

Keep us informed when project continues!

17. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Hi....Obrien Truckers makes the repop of the Scott top already.....how many companies need to make them?

18. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

I don't see any listing of the 97 tops made by Obrien Truckers on their website?

Ours is not a repop, it is a new design in the same style as the Scott tops. It will fit precisely, as the originals do not. Plus, I don't mind some competition. :D

19. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm with other people when i sat if they wont fool me at a swap meet table next to an original or i made it one-off myself, I wont run it. that goes with ALL parts exept gaskets

An i am planning on running 3 old ones on my t

20. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

Ok. I can't please everyone.

I've already received legal documents from some companies recognizing the legal "fair use" of their trademarks. They showed up quickly. So, I prefer not to do things I know can result in a copyright/trademark/patent infringement lawsuit. I want to avoid the judicial system altogether.

21. Mate,

Whatever style you end up doing for the 94's I'll take some. I love the design, love the ingenuity and happy to support someone doing something for these carbs.

I think you'll find with 97's being so expensive there will be a fair market for people looking for spice up the cheaper 94 alternative.

Danny

22. Jason Minahan

Jason Minahan

Update:
    The pattern is at the foundry and we longingly await news.
    JM

23. RAY With

RAY With

I am also very interested in 3 tops for 94's in the oval. Seems like they will promote flow better.

24. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

I'm in for 6 oval 94 tops.

25. mike hamel

mike hamel

Im in for 6 too. I think these are totally awesome! I have 3 original ones but if the repops are close. I can dig em.

26. shane85

shane85

cool. I would run them!

27. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

I would run those oval ones on 94's. Hey Brad, how's the 4x2 Desoto low deck intakes coming? Steven.

28. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

I'll check. The design is complete for the 3x2, I'm not sure of the 2x4 status. Lately, we've been working on coordinate measuring every existing part that our parts attach to or attaches to our parts, plus building a new version of the website.

29. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Any news from Hamilton Intakes?