Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hate it when I see things like this!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the whole point of his post. The car has 406 flags and obviously has a small block in it.

A favorite thing of a lot of wantabees back when those car (all brands) were fairly new was to run down to the dealers parts room or the wrecking yard and get a set of flags for the hot engine to stick on their not so hot car.

2. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

HA! Yes, it's a 289! Missed that the first time I looked! The 289 would be the correct small-block V8 for a '64 Galaxie.

3. metalman

metalman

So he bought some repop emblems and put them on, like no one ever put SS emblems on a plain Chevelle or anything. Should of done his homework though and bought 427 flags!
    Still looks like a pretty nice car for the money, just put 390 flags on instead. If it was a real 406 car, bet he would want more $$$ for it.

4. metalman

metalman

Ha ha, I missed that too! OK, put 289 flags on it. We use to (back in my young street racing days) replace the big block flags with small block ones, try to fool the other guy to what your running. Never understood why you would want to advertise you had more then you did.

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its an automotive cod-piece.

6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Exactly...my old 390/4 spd. Galaxie had 289 emblems on it.:D

7. zzford

zzford

Kinda like stuffin' a sock in the front of your underwear.

8. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Maybe he simply "already had" the emblems and rather then leave the badge holes open, he put them on. I don't see a point to this post anyway. He left the hood open, he wasn't hiding anything. The price is fair for what is there. You just that bored in life?

9. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

I can't count how many '69 Camaro's that have Z/28 emblems, or early Mustangs that say HIPO 289 on the fender. I would prefer to go the other way...the sleeper way, let people think my 440 is a 318.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this is an outrage!! he should be flogged til he's near death, then flogged again after he recovers!

.....either that or I don't care.

11. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

289 and 352-powered '64 Galaxies did not have any engine badging, nor did the 6-cylinder '64 big Fords. Only the 390 and 427 cars got the "Thunderbird" emblem down on the lower fender. The 390's bird emblem was silver and the 427's was gold.

Okay, I'm done here.

12. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Thats a damn shame if that was a real 406 car. I wonder what happened to the original engine and WHY THE HELL the owners before him put a chevy small block in it! At least a 289 !

13. MERC 55

MERC 55

what kind of rock has studeboy been under?

14. That is a factory A/C system. It has a remote P/S reservoir on the innner fender. Aftermarket would not.

15. Canadian car were not available with small blocks only American cars were. Mileage maker 6 was base for a Ford and Meteor and 352 2V was the base for Merc. This was the days before the auto pact so Canadian cars were built here. As for 289's in Canadian '69 Fords... uh NO!:p

16. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Nothing wrong with not knowing.

17. It could be that he has the small block punched out to 406 cubic inches and thought it was cute to put 406 flags on the fenders.

18. rusty28a

rusty28a

406! I'm 40 years old and have worked at a machine shop for ten years. The first time I ever heard of a 406 Ford is when I tripped over one in a girlfriends dad's garage when I was 17. Me and the girl didn't work out but her dad and I were best friends until he died two years ago. Thanks for kicking up the memory (and making me want one now...thanks pal!).

19. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

It COULD be...But to look at it, I'm gonna go with no.:D

20. The reason I say add-on...my Dad's old '63 390-powered Thunderbird had the small rad reservoir, power steering AND A/C, and mechanically were the same as a '63 or '64 Galaxie under the hood. That compressor looks like a Sears unit, or the like. To me, anyway. And, shouldn't a '64 big block car have that same small rad reservoir, too? Just asking the question...

21. sorry, but yer' totally lost on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.