Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are pink wheels Ghey?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PAPASMURF, May 5, 2009.

1. If it's her rod what the heck. It'd look pretty good I think and I shore ain't gay. The contrast would be great. Soft shiny pink and hard edged flat black. Pink pinstripes aginst flat black. :cool: You could have some lettering that says "Not a Mary Kay Rod"
    Or the red slash thru "Mary Kay" like WW 2 bomber nose art. :D

2. But, Denise, your not a regular girl. Your a HAMBone so your one of us :)

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D Hey, I wore your t-shirt last night therefore thought about you. :D
    Funny how that works.

4. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Maybe a nice deep pink flake? Or that old Coral color really does look good. My Dad is building his second car that will be Coral.

5. I think it depends on the car, and the shade of pink used. There is a girl I have seen, I think she is local that has a hotrod with pink wheels and it looks fine.

CBB

6. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

As previously stated, if that's what she wants on "her" car, do it.
    Perhaps paint instead of powder coating...

7. Pez

Pez

Paint them Mountbatten Pink, then you won't be able to see em at dusk or dawn, a floating hotrod........Cool

8. Ms. Metal

Ms. Metal

WOW....I am kind of speechless. I had no idea that the color pink was such a heated topic. I don't know how many times men have come up to me at car shows and said " your car would be really cool if it wasn't pink" I painted my car pink so that people would know that a woman built it. Pink really isn't my favorite color but it made people really notice it was mine. Most women love it and take an interest in what went into building the car which is really kind of cool to me. Let her do what she wants and who the hell cares what anyone else thinks.

Attached Files:

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's bullshit... your car rules! :cool:

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

11. Ms. Metal

Ms. Metal

Thanks Django!!!!!!

12. Ms Metal! Yeah, I've been following you (not in a creepy stalker way) since issue #1 of OSR (although I don't read it anymore). I think your car is more awesome because it IS pink.

As for the pink wheels on a hot rod, do it. Just pick the shade carefully, I think it makes all the difference.

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sure see a lot of "worry" about whether something is percieved as gay or ghey (WTF?), and while some things simply don't work individuality is the foundation of hotrodding. I'm sure a coloquial "hey it's your car..." bullshit answer is easy but I didn't think that was the heart of the matter, apparently niether did Denise who also gave some serious input. My Bronco has a stripe on it that starts out a real neon magenta that fades to purple on an all black truck. But in 91 that was hot shit even on some snowmobiles and other powersports. Yes it's an instant perception of feminity in general terms but there's some women who wouldn't have it. Wrong? No. Wrong for wheels? Could be. Wrong for who it's for? We can't possibly answer that.

14. Someone has to say it. This hostility to pink reveals a lot of sexual insecurity. If you think pink wheels will make you gay, it's already to late. Pink and black or charcoal was pretty common in the fifties. Like has been said, choose the right shade of pink and go with it.

Now, lavender is another word for gay, but Jimmie Vaughn's Gary Howard built Chevy fastback is a perfectly executed late fifties style mild custom.

15. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Back in the late 50's they didn't call the color "pink", they called it "salmon", right?

16. Absolutely. :cool:

17. H3O

H3O

that car looks good. great job on it!!:cool:

18. Ghno they're ghnot!...thillie:)

19. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

a real man'd just paint em pink and say "here ya go, guys. pink wheels. what ya gotta say about that!" like the tag line "tough guys where pink"... if you like it, go for it. i have leopard in the upholstery in my car and i couldn't care less what anyone thinks.

20. hotdamn

hotdamn

I hear that pink is the new blue.

maybe not washington blue...

21. Amen ! CBB

22. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

Amen to that. That's why mine is peach. Although I did like the color before I painted my car. Don't you love the guys who come up to ask a question and say "oh you won't know the answer" totally implying your an airhead.

23. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Paint them OSHA safety Purple and tell everyone its pink.

[​IMG]

24. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

heres one of my favorite HOT RODS!!!!

pink is awesome!!! my studebaker almost got painted pink lol

Attached Files:

25. Are pink wheels gay, hmmm no!!!!!!! but a fur faced man sucking anouther mans dick is ! Come on people that wasnt a hard question !

26. Zeke

Zeke

You talking about Breeder again? :D :p

27. well paint the inside of the rims pink ..
    that way you will only see it if yer taking something off

28. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I powder coated a 1/4 midget flat black, and pink
    looked awesome..... if it's what she wants hook her up.

thats why CUSTOM is great, make it the way you/she wants is

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

bite it GI JANE!:)

30. That is fucking hillarious