Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few shots from the Ypsi Car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike The Photo Guy, May 6, 2009.

1. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I got there after working at Milan Dragway. I missed the show both days and just caught the fire show Saturday Night and the cars leaving Sunday.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Man i gotta get down there. When was that?

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's always the first Sunday in May in the park in Depot Town. Saturday night they close the street and do registration.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This is an old Alexander Brothers custom. I took some more detail shots of it on Sunday to send to Rikster. I'll upload to Photobucket and add to this post since Mike started one about this event.

Mike, once again missed seeing you. There are a couple of things I need to talk to you about. I'll be home mowing my lawn, etc tonight. Ride your bike over for a beer. Anytime after 6pm.

5. This is the consummate "Mild Custom".....I'm glad the owner refused to get caught up in trends over the years and kept it the way it was built. Seriously, what could you do to this car that wouldn't ruin it....Oh I know, Wide Whites, Bags, Chop it stupid and primer with steelies and spiderwebs! This car is stunning! Thanks Denise......Centurion9

6. Rod_n_Hudson

Rod_n_Hudson
    from Michigan

i always miss that show! anyone going to the orphan show the 31st? they are featuring hudson this year!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Are you talking May 31st? If so, I sure could make it. We're having Mini-Bike Madness at Scott's place in Ann Arbor on Saturday the 30th with a few HAMB guys camping over that night including Megan and Matt from Ohio. Would be a neat venue to drag them to. I love Depot Town and that park. Sidetrack for lunch that day! :D

You going to it?

8. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Are you going to be up late? I don't get home from the strip till about 10:30.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]

9. Sumbitch... we were at Bills (the hotdog place) Saturday morning and we SAW the Nova on the trailer going down Michigan Ave, but heading east. My oldest son actually was the one to point it out too.
    A couple more blocks west and my wife would have lost me for the afternoon. :)
    Oh well, there's always the orphan show, right? ;)

JK

10. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Will Pontiacs be allowed at the orphan show?
    Mike TPG

11. in2hotrods

in2hotrods

Oooh, Bills. Isn't that the yellow house? Hot Dogs and Root Beer, right? Been awhile since I been up there...good stuff for sure!

Haha...along with Olds and Plymouth :)

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Seeing you at a car event??? Yeah, I won't hold my breath. :rolleyes::p

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

The Orphan Car show is June 7th, not the date previously mentioned. So it looks like I'll be in Detroit two weekends in a row! We're going to bring up some cars from work. I'm really only coming for the burgers at Sidetrack!
    http://www.ypsiautoheritage.org/events.htm

FYI- that is the same weekend as the Gasser Nats at Thompson :(

14. Hey, Denise, Be nice! I was at Autorama... for like 6 hours even! :)

I'll be there, it's the 100 years of Hudson... CAN'T miss THAT!

JK

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So, you're going to do the Orphan Car show instead of the Gasser Reunion? If that is the case you might as well do BilletProof on Saturday the 6th. Looks like I'll stay in town as well and do them both.

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

17. Yeah, that's the place. We tried going to a local coney, but after waiting 25 minutes to get served, we bailed and went to Bills. No shit, it was like 3 minutes to get our coneys, and there wasn't a parking spot to be found at the joint. Now THAT's service!:D

JK

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds like we should head to the Red Coat Tavern on Woodward Ave for their great burgers on Saturday night and do alittle cruzn and hit Sidetrack on Sunday afternoon for lunch during the Orphan show.

19. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Cool shots thanks!