Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poppy Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ScottyRod, May 4, 2008.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No pics of the panel painted purple '60 Chevy?

2. Sorry these were all I snapped....wish I had gotten there earlier to get more pics and time to talk to some of the HAMB'ers...;)

3. Those are Army helmets on Cams car.
    The 32 Chevy fordor is Myk Roks, its an old unrestored hot rod from the 50s, its running an Olds.
    The green Merc is Bobs, hes a HAMBer.
    The chopped Buick is Lauries from Canada Customs.
    Looks like a good turnout for sure, thanks for the pics.

-Shiny

4. poncho

poncho

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Yeah it's a nice Kustom but it ain't a Zephyr! Thanks for the pic's though.:D

6. 40 Merc and I would love some more pics of it.

7. Rodder29

Rodder29

Shit, I wasn't paying attention and missed the show. :( It's always been a good one to start the season.

8. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

My Father In Law had one of those old shop vacs that used a 5 gallon tin bucket for a canister that looked just like those brake scoops !

9. Long time before I attend that show again. Good turn out, nice cars. Judging was really screwed up. Food was served be teenagers...... handling cash, wiping there noses, handling all the food..... not a sink to wash up or a glove in site. Glad I brought my own lunch.
    At least it didn't rain.

10. Hey I was once one of those snot nosed, dirty unwashed handed kids handing you your food....:D

This was my old High school and the basketball teams puts the show on...this year was the 22nd annual...I was there for the first 5....:rolleyes:

But this was the first time I'd beent o the show in probably 6 years??

11. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmmmm snotburgers!....I had one , not too bad actually...probably better that than horkburgers you get at every other fast food joint.
    Good show! , Nice day , cool cars , good times!

12. Hey, not knocking the kids. I work for the school district. Over 25 years now. I was at the very fist show 22 years ago and have only missed 3 shows. I support the cause. But that is no excuse for sloppy food safety. I'm not say they all need to take a Food Safe course but they do need to sit down for 10 minutes and go over the basics. Don't pic your nose and make hot dogs at the same time et.....
    I'm not blaming the kids in anyway. They did a great job. I blame the staff for not training them of providing them with the proper tools for the job.
    That said. The judging was majorly screwed up. No, I'm not a trophy whore. Never have been. Never will. But cars where completely mis catagorized. You see that picture posted in this thread with the killer Buick? Les just finished that one. It's flawless. Chopped newer roof, to many details to mention. You see the car that got best Kustom? OMG. Puke. You see who got best lowrider? A $150,000 Kustom wagon.
    Like I said. Realy screwed up.

13. ^^^^^^^^^^....Yeah judging can be kinda weird sometimes, no rime nor reason for some peoples choices.

I had a complete nut and bolt resto'd 'vert at a show years ago and lost to a guy who had a ratty 'vert similar to mine BUT he had a bunch of stuffed animals and other crap filling his car....:mad:

Just a thought, you could always drop an anonimous letter to the school stating your concerns about food safety and such...because if no one mentions it then things will never change.

14. 65 impala

65 impala

great pics thanks