Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage intake & Wcfb's ID Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty30Dodge, May 3, 2009.

1. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Hello Everyone! Thanks for your help! I just came back from the Pate Swap befor the Hail and flood I found some goodies I had to buy this intake and carbs to get the Gold Dual carb air cleaners off of it! They were to close to fit on this intake and I new they were for a Hemi! They said it was off of a 57-58 318! Can you help me verify that and what car it may have came off of? I may resell it and some of my other intakes and carbs but still have to organize it all! I also have another Hemi intake question! I have the original dual carb intake with the original 2317's carbs this intake has all the water ports blocked from when it was made! The other dual set up I have has all the water ports open or plugged with brass screw in plugs! Are they from different cars and years? and which ones? Below is the PN# for the orange intake and carbs

Casting number is 182200 below that is L 11 7 this is in between the carbs
    one wcfb no tag top is 6-1586 bowl 0 1465? hard to read
    other wcfb no tag is 6-1396 bowl is 1451

Attached Files:

2. Andy

Andy

To me, the manifold look like 318 MoPar. The front carb look like '65 Chevy. The back one looks like '60 Chevy. No clue on exact application of the manifold.

3. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Great I see that difference between my actual chryslers now! I have a corvette 57-61 intake and carbs GM#3739653 NO tags either! both tops are 6-1672 bodies 0 1451
    Is there a listing of tops and body's per vehicle application. Some way to show proof of application? they all have the weighted secondary flap constant with my chryslers that I do have tags for! what is the purpose of that? thanks again

4. carbking

carbking

The raised numbers on the castings are numbers for "blank" castings. A "blank" casting is one that has not been machined. The castings can be machined a number of different ways to create several different castings, all with the same numbers.

Since the different part numbers may be used for different carburetors, it is impossible to completely determine the exact application by casting numbers alone.

Sometimes, the actual part number will be stamped (a recessed number stamped into the casting using metal marking stamps) into the airhorn. If you have access to the Carter blueprints, and go through them individually, you might be able to identify at least the airhorn.

There have been some lists published that were done erroneously by taking new old stock carburetors and then listing the casting numbers. This type of list is useful in that if you know the actual TAG number of a carburetor, you would know the casting numbers. Gives you a check to see if maybe someone put repo tags on a 1957 2x4 (if you cannot identify without the tags). The information CANNOT be reversed to give a tag number from the castings because of the information above.

Carter did publish a part number interchange, but the latest issue was published in 1958.

Jon.

5. 73RR

73RR

The iron 2x4 for the poly 318 was a 57-58 Plymouth Fury application.

6. Abomination

Abomination

Yep.

And are quite sought after... mention it on the 318 poly Yahoo group and watch the wolves circle.

WITH rebuilt carbs & linkage, I've seen 'em go for almost $1k (completely redone) on eBay. With the air cleaners, for a LOT more...

~Jason

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

There was one on here a couple weeks ago for $300

8. millrat1755

millrat1755

how much 4 da poly intake?????

9. Abomination

Abomination

Come on, man! You're supposed to PM or email the dude! What, do ya wanna drive the price up? LOL!

~Jason

10. 73RR

73RR

Don't be too hard on the newbie, he has alot of unwritten rules to learn...lol

11. millrat1755

millrat1755

my appologies cat! sorry!

12. Abomination

Abomination

No problem, man. :)

By the way, if you have a 318 Poly, you should head to http://www.geocities.com/polyman64 and click on the links at the top - especially the one for the 318 Poly Yahoo Group. It's not as cool as this forum, but it'll put you in touch with the "who's who" in the 318 Poly world, as well as give you access to parts, resources, and help you can't find elsewhere.

Might come in handy if you want to put the word out as to what cool stuff you're looking for...

~Jason