Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Billy Gibbons and Pete Chapouris in NZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Stokes, May 1, 2009.

1. Blue

Blue

Thanks for the link Greg. I hoping to at least get the Man's autograph on my hat this weekend! Very laid back.

2. Here are a few pics

Attached Files:

3. cool. Billy always wears that hat. Pretty cool.

4. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Two Questions,do younger rodders know who Billy Gibbons is....and Is that really him or some Kiwi in need of a haircut and shave.?

5. 55 buick

55 buick

Billy Gibbons the king of cool, to bad he has to be interviewed by a cornholer who just doesn,t get it

6. yep thats him!

7. lol. Young rodders may not but I was really surprised when my car mad 65 year olds mate said that he had never heard of Billy Gibbons or ZZTop.
    The stupid thing was he was dead serious.
    I had to quickly educate him and his eardrums with real music...

Billy Gibbons is what Cool is all about.

:D

8. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

Come on everyone know that billy gibbons was the drummer from THE BAND!!:D

hahaha just kidding who on here doesnt know who Billy Gibbons is?? Saw ZZ Top last summer and plan on seeing them again in June.

9. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Billy is the nicest, coolest guy you could ever meet.

10. Ya, But would he and the boys be willing to play the Round Up next year like Jimmy Vaughn did? Now, THAT would be cool. I plan on being there next year. Can you please suggest this concept to him. I love ZZ Top. My favorite band in the world. He's a car guy right? Dreaming out loud!

11. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Good Call! I'd love to see them at the Roundup!

12. tnglenn

tnglenn

Met the band last year at River Bend in Chattanooga, TN... realy nice guys and great show!

13. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Thank's for the post , love the band and Billy seem's like a great guy.

14. I agree, meet him a few years back. I wonder if he ever takes off that hat?

15. DragFrame

DragFrame

Met billy and pete at the gnrs at the display over in the wally parks. Cool guys.
    Then later that night I got to drink beer with Billy. What a guy. Already got my ticketes to see them this fall in ohio. They are touring with some aerosmith band? I guess ill leave as soon as zztop's done to beat the traffic lol.

16. ehdubya

ehdubya

Maybe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

Never met Billy Gibbons but I been a ZZ Top fan about 30 years. He seems like a cool guy.

18. Dan

Dan

25+ years later I finally got a zztop keychain off ebay...funny how early impressions are so lasting...

19. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Great post,ive said this a many of times,rock-n-roll,blues and hotrods and tits of course is the only way to fly!!! Thats why ZZ-TOP been around for 40 years,its just the way of life for some people:) I got chance to meet BILLY in Austin TX at the round up,he one cool cat...his cars and music show it..

20. I met him summer of 07 after a show in Nashville. He was super cool and autographed mine and my sons glovebox doors while we talked about cars and pinstriping. Then I mentioned that I grew up with his wife and he pretty much killed the conversation and was ready for me to move on. Oh well, you live and learn.

21. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I think that's pretty harsh.
    There are Automobile Aficionados and there are Hot Rodders.

You can try to explain why a non-stock pile of 70 year old tin is cool, but most will still give you the ol' slack-jaw.....

22. ya gotta go to ZZTOP.com and check out all the cool hot rod stuff thery have

23. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

I dunno if I'd be considered young but ZZ top is one of the many things the old man taught me about.

24. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

He is that guy from Jurassic Park right? "Cruising down the road in my V-8 Ford, my favorite Dino is the Pete Chapouri-saur". That is how the song goes right?

25. TUDORTOBY

TUDORTOBY

ZZ-top is the bes. Ive always wanted to meet Billy. He has some fine rides too. This is the first time ive ever seen him without his shades on though.LOL

26. Okay ... seeing how Billy Gibbons is one of the greatest rock-n-roller hot rod guys of all time, which car of his do you think is the coolest? Eliminator or Cadzilla? I seen Cadzilla and the two matching bikes (hogzillas) in person and they were out of this world. Then again Eliminator is the probably the most well known hotrod ever... whats your thoughts

27. Dan

Dan

I like his shoebox and 36? I think it is??? Cant deny the impact Eliminator had bringing hot rods into the public eye...

28. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

I like the 36 and the 61 Caddy Coupe, but I like the black hi boy too!

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The band's music has always been my choice for late nite mile making when I am usually driving alone. And one of only a couple of people or bands who's music I really crank up when I have it on.s

Billy always looks and sounds like he is just having a ball doing what ever he doing even
    if he is having to suffer through an interview with somone who doesn't get it.