Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tho shall not steal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cutthroat corps, Apr 29, 2009.

1. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

You have to love the internet.

2. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I live in the ghetto. My garage has a rollup aluminum door and steel doors, but wood frames. To keep the ghetto rats out I sank 3" wood screws into the door frame and lock plate all the way around. My house has steel door frames on solid 2" doors with brass reinforcements, but some ghetto rat still tried to kick my back door in. We've had a string of burglaries in the neighborhood lately, but it's mostly been low hanging fruit. One neighbor even left his window open on the ground floor, another had their flimsy back door kicked in. I screwed every ground floor window in my house shut, and put plexi-glass over the windows on the doors. Someone could still get in, but it's going to take a lot of work. The biggest thing is to keep your stuff out of sight. My garage windows are piled with junk and I'm putting bars on them soon. My garage door opens, the car comes out, the garage door shuts and I'm off. I never leave my cars outside and I never work with the garage door open.

I will say I miss my crazy Bosnian neighbor. Since he moved out the crime wave has hit. Several times he shot at prowlers around his house and eventually they stopped coming around (grazed one maybe?). Since he's gone the ghetto rats are figuring out our side of the street is safe again. I already told the police that the old Bosnian man who lives next door bought a gun, and they might find a DOA ghetto rat in the street one day (old man was a POW in Bosnia, good guy to be friends with, scary to see mad).

3. flying clutchman

flying clutchman

When i am working in the garage or in the yard, my 12 gauge is always within arms reach just for instances like this. its hidden but quick to access. 10 rounds of 3" magnum 00 buck with scare off anyone trying to steal what i break my back every day to earn.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Remington Model 11-87 Tactical Shotgun?:cool:

5. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

AR-15, glock 33, 2- mack 10,springfield xd40, kahr pm9, 2- saw off shot guns, tech 9 and plenty of ammo for all lets party

6. flying clutchman

flying clutchman

Naw, its an 870 express, 28 inch barrel and mag tube extension. Plans are in the works for a bayonet lug, just in case i miss.............

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahh i wondered..
    got an 870 but its only got an 18" barrel so 5 are all i can get in it..but thats good enough..and the 18" gives it a nice home defense stance.

8. lewislynn

lewislynn

Hey where did you get the picture of GM's (AKA Government Motors) new Obamamobile for your avatar?

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

man that is enough to piss you off. but you have to keep your shit locked up now a days. the mexicans and the tweaks will steal you blind in my area.

10. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Well since were showing our cards I keep a pistol on the shelf under my welder. Times are that bad I could have someone walking up while IM welding so I have a cereal box with a handgun and extra mags right there. You dont notice the box because of the junk and cables hanging.
    I use to keep it in the back of the garage but a few incidents and I dont have time to get it so its moved where I work.
    The foot traffic by my house changes. I can have ten people a day go by to catch a bus and then it may go a week I see one person.
    The neighborhood has went to shit and now we have boarded up houses and houses that the bank took over sold to people who rent them. Every three months a new cycle of people coming and going.

11. Shhh... keep quiet. We don't want the low-lifes to tag along.

12. Shop gun was always in the first aid kit on top of the toolbox.

I always threatened anyone who injured themselves in the shop that I would get them first aid if they kept whining.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  13. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

If the Fusion is a stolen car..the owner is now a victim twice...

Do you know if it was stolen..?

14. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

Worked Police K-9 for nine years. Keep a 130lb Land Shark in house with full access to garage when we're not home. No entries yet, but the neighbors told me about some Jehovah Witnesses that left rather quickly, when he made his appearance at the window.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

130lb Land Shark in house

funny you use this term also hustlinhillbilly<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3871000", true); </SCRIPT>
    because thats what my family has been calling all our dogs, (nic name) for the past years since that skit on saturday night live

16. I live in a quasi cul de sac so it's real obvious when non-neighbours drive through our alleys. Reason I have never gotten a fancy tool chest is because stuff like that is what makes folks break through the doors.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my brother lives out in the sticks in Calaveras county Ca.. his house doesnt even have a working lock on the door. his barn has no door at all. he leaves his key in his truck all the time and never locks the door.

the tweakers have only stole his car once. he got it back in about an hour.

18. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I know somewhere in that big old state of Texas theres a cop that would run that tag number and lets say leave it wrote down on a piece of paper that you could reach.

19. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Hey thats rotten, But I am a firm Believer that what goes around comes around. When you least expect it you will get a REAL GOOD DEAL on Replacement stuff and Dont even think about those scumbags who took your stuff. They are gonna get what they deserve. In another way. It may have happened to them already.

20. Degreaser

Degreaser

Thats the greatest thing I have ever read.

21. moter

moter

Its what I have to drive these days.... ;)

22. jazzbum

jazzbum

we live in a country, nay, a world, where a person can't afford not to think of his home as his castle. the home ought to be the one place where the fuckers can't get you. moderation in all things, of course, there's no reason to go overboard with the firearms, but you have to keep what's yours and, given the circumstances, i say fire at will.

anything come of this yet? i'm in a hurry to hear how far the blood splattered.

23. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Well, whatever world I live in, If I catch an "uninvited guest" in my home doing some criminal shit, I think he will likely get one hell of an ass kicking, and at the end of my rifle lest he have any ideas about fighting back....

I had a dream that I shot a person who was stealing a car of mine, (a "dream car" not one I really own), I felt awefull when I realized I had shot someone over a car...

Before that dream, I had always "known" that anyone caught robbing my castle was going to get it between the eyes, not anymore.

The feeling of remorse and regret I had felt was just too real.

That said, IN THE "WORLD" OF AMERICA, make no mistake, I firmly believe that a person coming into anothers home to commit a crime, had damn better understand that they are putting their life in the homeowners hands.

24. 8flat

8flat

I agree with that. I'd rather not kill someone for theft. If my family is threatened that's different though....

I had someone quietly sneak into my house at 3am through my un-locked back door once when I lived in town. The guy learned this: the action of a big heavy 10MM pistol makes a very distinctive sound inside a dark quiet house.

He hit the back door so hard he actually broke it on the way out. Funny stuff. The pistol wasn't even loaded, I just cycled the action back to freak him out before he saw me around the corner.

25. 8flat

8flat

Rural Montana. I think we locked our house once 4yrs ago when we went on vacation. Lots of guns per capita probably helps.

26. you boys need to come to ARIZONA.we can still carry a gun on our hip,A guy here in town just shot a couple tryin to car jack him thanks to him carrying a gun he was NOT a victim~

27. raggedjim

raggedjim
    from Murray, KY

Jasmine has a cell phone (281)227-2021

Rg

28. ^^ ahhahaha, cool info

29. JustJoey

JustJoey

We can do that in Texas too. ;)

Ive gotten in the habit of closing the garage door anytime im not out there. This has been happening a lot in our area.

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ray, your so right. I have my dad's 1911A1 that he carrried on every one of the 50+ bombing runs he flew in WWII. I go with my wife every Thursday to the range and "kill' a few targets just keeping in shape for the time when I need to be "good" at making holes in someone. It's a shame that it's come to this but the unprepared person is the one that will loose when the situation calls for drastic measures. I suspect that things will get really bad in some areas of the country in the next few years before this economy straightens out.

Frank