Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate texas swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LXTURBO2000, Apr 6, 2009.

1. lol, be crazy not to. Gotta love living 10 minutes away.:D

2. tromper

tromper

I'm going to set up in 2 or 3 spaces out there.
    Just not sure what I'm taking to sell.

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Planning to leave here Friday after work, then set up in a couple spaces on Saturday. Anything to do around there Saturday night? Probably staying with friends in Tin Top or in Weatherford.

4. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Good Idea.. is anybody up for a hang out and meet one night?

5. LXTURBO2000

LXTURBO2000
    from NEW MEXICO

weve been loading the trailer last night, we are leaving roswell tomorrow. lookin forward to the swap meet. were staying at the track.

6. Duntov

Duntov

I attended the first Pate Swap Meet at Cresson, Texas in 1963, and every one after that before they moved the event to the Texas Motor Speedway. After A.M. Pate Jr. died in 1988, it was moved to Texas Motor Speedway. I suppose it is still called the "Pate Swap Meet" in honor of A.M. Pate, Jr. since he was such a great collector of motorized transportaion vehicles of all types, classic and antique cars. I had one booth there in 1970. In 1973, I sold enough 1966 Pontiac GTO parts out of the trunk of my car while it was sitting on the highway by the fence to make $600.

I attended many annual swap meets in my day. Pate was always the first one of the year. Then Decatur Texas, Garland Texas, Temple, Texas, Texas Stadium in Arlington and I won the Waco Street Machine Mini-Nationals in Current Restored Class three Memorial Day weekends in a row. Unfotunately now I am too old, weakened by diabetes, have shortness of breath, and cannot walk more than 100 feet before I must sit down and rest. The last year the Pate Swap Meet was held at Cresson Texas, was the last swap meet I have attended.

7. Anyone interested in putting a couple of things in there spot for me? I've gotta set of wire wheels and a new master cylinder/brake booster that I'd like to get rid of.

8. I think it was moved in '98..

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to go in the early 70's with friends from Waco. I sold a couple of times and just went up and walked in the mud and spent money a couple of times.

In 1973 or 74 I took my 57 Panel loaded with all the extra parts with just enough cash to pay for the space and ended up selling enough to go home with a load of different junk. Right now it sounds like a lot of fun If I wasn't still working and had the time to head down there.

10. luis.garza

luis.garza

Yeah, will be there Friday... hope to score some cool deals for my '51 Ford...

11. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

How funny. You are s.o.l. this year Danny. I changed jobs and most likely won't make it. I am inspecting on a pipeline and have rained out a couple of days this week. we will most likely have to work sunday. I was planning on going up saturday after work. danny my buddies will still be there and you and Rusty are always welcome with them also. They will still be cooking fajitas so go on by. I am up here between Jacksonville and headed to Corsicana on a 42" line. First one I've missed in 25 or so years. I also go just to see my friends.TP

12. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I am going. I need lots of parts. Hopefully, I get lucky this time.

CN

13. Daves 48 Special

Daves 48 Special

Can't wait looking forward to it,looking for parts for my 48 plymouth mostly for weather stipping for the windows hoping to come across some ,and maybe meet some new people since we will be moving to the DFW area .

14. Daves 48 Special

Daves 48 Special

The other meets in Texas when are they ? Garland,Temple,?

15. hemi28modelA

hemi28modelA

Amen, Bass My dad has been draggin me to Pate since I was in Grade School now we have 32 spaces on the south end and its my get away every year, we make the most of it . You cant buy the social interaction with other like minded car idiots like ourselves. Hey Bass come by and see me again I might have another wheel you need.

16. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Haha...I'm still looking for a mate to the "clown car" wheel! :D

We're heading that way in the morning and getting a couple of spots. I'll try to track you down out there.

-Brian

17. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

what he said^

18. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

I'll be there even if I did get kicked out last year by some first day on the job cop for riding a bike pedal not motor to the restroom figure that out NOT THE OLD PATE

19. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

The only time I've ever been to Pate was about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't even remember when it was. I thought it was cool as hell. It was HUGE. My feet hurt and I was only there for a few hours walking around by myself. After the swap meet I got a call from Kartbreaker and drove out to Brian Bass' house and hung out with all of those guys.

I haven't been back since because I'm always broke or have other plans, but I'll be going for sure this year. Looks like we're staying in Tin Top at a friends house on the Brazos.

20. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

:cool: HAMB discounts at Ave 7-8 Space 772-775. '50 Merc engine w/trans, Flatty parts, 16" Wires, Model A steering columns, '36-38 Dodge parts, Chopper project, Harley parts, StreetScene mags 1974 and up, Iwata airbrushes, 101 flavors of 1-SHOT pinstriping madness and Cushman parts for the kids!!! :eek:

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Your more than welcome to drop them off at our spaces. May not be the best location for selling. We forgot to renew our spaces last year while making a big move and had to get what was available a month ago.

Ave 10-11 spaces 1028-1031

Forcast looks pretty good, especially Thru and Fri. Sat 20% chance
    http://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Fort_Worth.html

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  22. Drag City

Drag City
    BANNED

Bring an Umbrella! Gonna rain throughout the weekend according to forecasters, Thursday could be kinda clear..

23. I'm in, still collecting junk so one day my daughters can throw away Dad's junk when he's gone.

24. Big Dad

Big Dad

I've already been ans spent money today :)

25. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

We will be there tomorrow. Its like freaking Christmas except with walking. We will be selling a bunch of stuff we don't need to fund our new project.....hopefully.

26. hankcash

hankcash

I'll be out Friday if'n it ain't raining.
    Hopefully I'll bump into some of you guys...

hc

27. Big Dad

Big Dad

seen this

$3500 for the hemi
    $38,000 for the car

No price on the wagon (61 Dodge)
    6k for the older brown wagon

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  28. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Do you know Mike Gomez or Bull Henson? They are both car guys from way back and live in Roswell? They are set up with us. I rained out at work today so hauled butt to Pate. I bought a nice factory tint windshield for my 59 buick for $40.00. Made the trip worth it.

29. Big Dad

Big Dad

You should buy that white 2-door on about 12th and Sneva that the guy drags in everyear on that big trailer and drags home ..at least 7-8 years in a row now

:D

30. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

HA! I see it every year and think he would have learned by now..just sell it and move on!

I was out there today w/a 51 Ford (very back row where main spectator gate is) a lot of people there already setting up was told they already sold over 8000 spaces and still trying to find room for the straglers!

Going to be packed this year.