Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tho shall not steal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cutthroat corps, Apr 29, 2009.

1. looks like an apt. number, prolly not there anymore, but its a good start.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dam ..that far..
    well you never know they may have wanted to get out of their area..
    or maybe the car was stolen as someone else had mentioned..
    maybe there is a HAMBer in that area who could drive by and check the place out for a few days just to see if that car shoes back up there

3. The VIN is for a 2007 FORD FUSION SE.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

how did you find that out?
    i was trying to search that Vin# to see what it was and had no luck

5. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

I have a house in Galveston sounds like a good time for a road trip

6. Squablow

Squablow

Damn, now I'm really interested to hear how this works out. Got a plate number and everything. Is there a way to check if the car is stolen as well? Would hate to go that far for a stakeout if the car has been ripped off. Sounds like the plate matches the description of the car, though.

7. [​IMG]
    hey thief! SAY CHEESE!!

8. Real easy. CARFAX. You can type in the 17-digit VIN and it'll tell you what the vehicle is, for free. Only works on cars and trucks, and not trailers or equipment. The other info is what you have to pay for. Works only for 1981 and newer vehicles, in case any of you weren't aware of that fact.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

thanks..didnt think of that

10. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

That's good shit I don't care who you are

11. moter

moter

12. It says "Liberty Auto Sales" on that posted document, so it stands to reason she bought the car there. Liberty probably bought it at that auction. Pretty easy so far.

13. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

Of course it was the asshole has to go steal some more shit before he can get title transferred over

14. Jodezilla

Jodezilla

I get sick to my stomach when I hear about somebody getting there tools stolen....

I make living with my mine and would RNC the person retarded that took them. Economy gets bad the thieves come out, sorry about your loss dude

15. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Chased some kids out of my neighbor's yard, they were back there trying to get the garage open (probably looking to steal a bike). It's shitty, but it happens.

It's good to be friends with your neighbors so they look out for you and don't just shut the door when they see something out of place.

16. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

thank god stuff like that doesn't happen here in beautiful SO-CAL

17. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

There are lots of Houston HAMBrs that might lend a hand. Hopefully a few large, scary types with neck tattoos that wouldn't mind knocking on the door of apt. #274A and asking, "anybody know where I can find some 66 Galaxie hubcaps?" Ayeee, watcha!

18. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

It's all the drugs... Unless they just want your shit, it's goin' to pay for some sorta drugs somewhere... Steal some poor guy's tools he has for work, carpenter or somethin', then goes and hawks it for 10% what its worth. I won't buy from pawn shops just for that reason, chances are some worthless piece of shit ripped it off... I have lots of friends that play in bands, musical instruments disappear as fast as tools do...

19. Never said it was. You type in the VIN and it tells you the vehicle year, make and model. THAT is free. The report is NOT. Read what I wrote, verbatim...

Real easy. CARFAX. You can type in the 17-digit VIN and it'll tell you what the vehicle is, for free. Only works on cars and trucks, and not trailers or equipment. The other info is what you have to pay for. Works only for 1981 and newer vehicles, in case any of you weren't aware of that fact.

Pretty self-explanatory to me.

20. For you guys that have regular garage doors, not roll ups (this might work for rollups too somehow)..check this out.

Do not depend on the lock on the outside. I had some tweakers try to pry off the whole hasp. I ended up putting a 1/4 inch plate on the back to prevent anyone from prying again. I put a second lock on the other side.

Then I put stops in the hinges. If you look at the hinge, it has different holes for the arm to bolt to. Mine have 3. If you were to stick something through one of the holes, it would keep the main arm from moving. I drilled out the closest holes and stuck a 1/2 piece of bar stock in there.

They can snip the locks, but will never be able to open the door. You would have to tear apart the door to get in. That is too much effort for most thieves. They wont go to town on it like that if they think someone will see them.

And if I happen to catch one or more..more oxygen for the rest of us.

21. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

So many damn druggies and thieves in my neighborhood. I had this stainless steel sink i was gonna make into a parts washer, mind you the thing weighed about 100 lbs. Sitting in front of my house for about a month, one day i go out side and the sinks gone and the lid is on the other side of my yard. Looked like someone took it and ran. Must have been hyped up on meth or something. If any of them come even near my garage they are gonna get the business end of my 30.06 up their ass.

22. tromper

tromper

I doubt they are going back to Houston.
    Probably just pilfering the Metroplex for a few months,
    then move onto the next town.

23. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

Tromper get to sleep we have pate tomorrow

24. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

25. elrobo818

elrobo818

THATS SOME SCARY STUFF...

where do all of you other people live that you dont lock your stuff up?... hell, i've never left the house or car unlocked.... EVER... the second i walk out or even into the house everything is locked up... when i get out or even into my car the doors are locked! maybe its the neighborhood i grew up in... i cant tell how many times i've been home and heard someone moving the door knob checking to see if the door to my APARTMENT (which is OVER CROWDED with people at all times) was unlocked... then a few minutes later i hear the cops outside and the ghetto bird flying around... only to find out later that the dude had just killed someone or broken into someone elses house...

doesnt matter how good of a neighborhood you think you live in... theres always those that get off on stealing... they might not even need it to sell for money.... they just do it for fun... LOCK YER SHIT UP!

i know this doesnt stop those that are gonna get what they want anyway possible... but to hear that people just leave their homes unlocked and things out in the open? come on now... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

26. BISHOP

BISHOP

27. MERRELL

MERRELL

or the thiefs hand ending up in the vise somehow:D

28. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Hey man, I'm sorry that you didn't see your visitor in the garage.

That sucks!

I really feel bad when a visitor falls and hurts themselves.

29. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

If you go to the tag office here with 5 bucks and a tag number they will give you the address to the owner's house. What happens after that is up to you.

30. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

I guess you didn't read post #57

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009