Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tho shall not steal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cutthroat corps, Apr 29, 2009.

1. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

Call it a sign of the economy or what but I had my garage door open yesterday evening around 6 pm and giving my kids baths right inside. When the chic across the street came over and said she saw a car pull up In my driveway the driver got out came in my garage in day light and take some power tools and my 66 Galaxie hub caps. She got a plate number and I called the cops but have not heard anything yet. Now I know not everyone is an honest hard working like most of us, but come on I am a Texas CHL member and that could have ended alot differently had I heard them out there luck for them .
    So for all of you out there that feel the need to make ends meet by taking things that don't belong to you beware. If you take my tools you are messing with the way I make a living and if you come to my house where my wife and kids are for a few hundred buck at a pawn shop it will cost you more next time. hugs and kisses

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

HAHAHAHAHAHA good luck with that....... :rolleyes:

That seriously sucks, get your shit on lockdown, and as you know squeeze the trigger, don't pull.

3. williebill

williebill

I would rather this story had ended with you mildly inconvenienced,and that guy underground..

4. alchemy

alchemy

Do you have a friend who can trace the plate number, so you can go talk with the fella?

5. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok, what is a "Texas CHL member"?

6. Larry T

Larry T

I'm gonna assume:
    Concealed
    Handgun
    License

Which you really don't need in your own house.
    Larry T

7. shainerman

shainerman

Thats b.s. We had that same thing happen in our parts garage about 2 months ago, WHILE WE WERE CUTTING!!!!! I guess we didnt hear the guy come in, but whoever it was got away with my friends welder and an air tank. And no, the economy has nothing to do with ASSHOLES

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Thieves are thieves and ply their trade no matter what the economic problems of the world. In the best of times your stuff will be stolen just as in the worst of times.
    They believe it is their "job" to relieve us of our hard work and money just as we believe it is our job to reform them all by using them as plant food in the earth beneath our gardens and field crops. Now, I didn't say anything about killing them first, did I?

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Don't bother calling the cops. Most of them are scared of being fired or prosecuted for upholding the law like they swore to do when they took the job. If your state has a "right to carry" law take the course, buy a firearm and protect your own property. It's time for Americans to take personal responsibility for thier lives.

Frank

10. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

Yeah, the scumbags have been working overtime since the economy cratered last year. Our house got broken into last June while we were out. Luckily my neighbor saw the guy enter our backyard through the side gate and decided to follow the guy. The guy did gain entry to our house, but our neighbor was right behind him and called him out. The guy pulled a knife on my neighbor but then fled without getting anything. However, we felt real creepy for a while knowing that somebody had actually been in our place. We got an alarm installed, but we have always been careful about locking doors, windows, etc. I don't leave my garage doors open any longer than necessary because you never know what prying eyes are around. I hope you can get the support of the blue meanies in trying to recover your wares, but if not...you should be able to track the plates to the car owner and deliver them a knuckle sandwich.

11. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

First off, how did the bastard know what you even had in the garage. He musta cased it prior to the theft. I see lots of people garages open from the street, but have no Idea whats inside other than what is visible.

What a bold bastard. too bad you could not shoot him.

12. Larry T

Larry T

There are more than one set of "Cops" that you can call. In my little town, I've had better luck talking to the District Attorney's office than anyone else (they're elected officials).
    Larry T

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

laptop, gps and my kids dvd player stolen from my truck in the driveway last month. I thought i lived in a great neighborhood. At least it was an eye opener, and know I am not so layed back. Good luck on your hunt. I see it only getting worse with the current economy.

14. smells like an inside job! who do you know that would need your hubcaps?

15. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I thought I was doing some scrappers a favor giving a guy that was picking thru the trash one night a hand, by having them help me load the rest of the scrap I had available for them next to my garage, in the backyard, behind a gated fence. They saw some crummy o/t aluminum wheels there and I told them I wanted those...they were not scrap to me. Guess what was gone the next day when I came home from work? A$$holes...for $20 bucks worth of scrap to them.

Bottom line, lock up your stuff like Fort Knox. No more Mr. Naive.

16. long island vic

long island vic

i came home today to find my bottles and cans missing,,,im on a four house dead end and they were up 160 feet of driveway

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I had an old Chevy torque tube rearend I wanted to get rid of some years ago. A guy came in the store and needed the emergency brake cables from it. I told him he could have them free but he had to take the rearend they were in. He was so happy, thanked me, got in his pickup and headed for my house. I had the rearend sitting up against the wall up front waiting for heavy trash day to put it at the curb. My wife called 30 minutes later and said he was there and was moving the rearend.
    When I got home from work, the rearend was laying half in the driveway near the curb missing the brake cables and brake drums and shoes. The guy never showed his face in our store again. No more Mr. Nice Guy after that, no freebies.

18. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

A buddy of mine was working in his shop one night and he had his boat parked outside his shop. While he was under the car some one got into the boat and stole the stereo speakers. He was pissed! the boat had only been out there for acouple of hours.

19. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with FAB 32!!!!----Your home is your "Castle" & protecting it is your responsability!! What if the thief desired MORE & intruded inside for money, etc.????
    Also having my carry permit, I keep profiecient by using our range every other week, & load all my own ammo!!!
    I feel sorry for all the "Pollyanna's" out there that think nothing is ever gonna happen to them, thinking 9-11 will solve an IMMEDIATE problem.-------Don

20. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

21. Keep an eye on ebay and craiglist for your hubcaps... I'd also be the high bidder if I were you...

22. spr53chevy

spr53chevy

i still live at home with moms and pops simpy because college is expensive but i keep all my tools(welder, 2 BIG tool boxes , compressor etc ) in my bedroom this is because I had too much shit stolen already o and i sleep with my glock in the night stand just in case............ i scumbags

23. tromper

tromper

No way man! In broad daylight too. That sucks!

24. I just went and closed my garage door. :eek:

25. mopedcouple

mopedcouple

That really sucks, i am sorry... especially your tools. That's how you (or at least I) make a living. The economy has nothing to do with it, you steal a loaf of bread to feed your family, not hub caps. I know i sound like a parent, but it all comes around. those guys will get there's.

26. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Same shit here. I cant leave anything open or out of sight anytime a scumbag can walk by and be gone without me knowing.

27. send me the plate number via pms or call me and I will look it up with the public data account.

28. that means we are totin' legally. "Concealed Handgun License"
    same with me, if you see me, bet I have one or two on me.
    it is a messed up world we live in and I'd rather my odds be a smidgen better than the thugs.

29. Sorry, but I have to..

30. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have absolutely no pity upon thieves.