Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who cruised Van Nuys Bl in the 70's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 26, 2006.

1. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

He's my protege. He's run on some bad times and I would consider it a personal favor if you guys would give him a heads up and a hands up. Thanks.

2. i'll give him a call for sure! let him know whats up

3. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Thanks Miguel.

4. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

I found out last week that the Van Nuys Neighborhood Council meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Marvin Braude Center on Van Nuys Blvd...This means they will be there on June 10th... These are the people who need to be impressed and not pissed off. If we makea good and sane showing, we can show them how this will bring revenue to their area and not be a pain in the ass....The ball is in our court guys...

5. 13800 block of Correnti in Arleta "Got'cha".....

Just Spent the week in the Valley & tied it in with a Pomona swap visit
    { which is way more than you will ever do from your sniper position in Washington state}.

Enjoyed a nice dinner at the "Smoke House" near the entrance of the Warner Brothers studios......While I was in the area on Friday night... I stopped & checked out the car show at the Bob's Big Boy on Riverside Drive in the Burbank/Studio City area........ I liked that shiny black Caddie.

Even took a run down Van Nuys Blvd. on Friday night just for shits & giggles.....

The valley is now even worse than I remembered.
    Man ... Am I glad I got outta there.
    It's sad to see that the area is a result of years & years of urban deterioration.

Hey. Maybe the new cruise nights will help the local economy after all.....
    Its worth a try anyway.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  6. whats is so bad about the valley?

7. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Just remember Mother trucker, we had dreams when we were young and fought a different kind of odds. NEVER let the powers that be, or even the "Wanna-Bee" Powers, see you sweat. Blast them and the answer "no" is neither an answer nor considered acceptable. And yur right, I am in a sniper type environment and am a sniper type. 700 yardsw is nothing. My motto is, "Mess with America and my wrath will disallow you and yours the chance to see another sunrise." (Not you of course, but an enemy from abroad OR within) Damn I'm still crazy after all these years. I'm not familiar with the street you lived on. Near what? Peace my friend.

8. Not enough classic cars:D

9. what up groucho. did you get rid of that 4x4?

i did some diamond interior in my 70 chevy impala you got to check it out

10. Still got the truck, but sold my Camaro yesterday. What color diamond? Do you have a good guy for my 38's interior? I was talking to one guy about it a couple months ago when I "thought" I had my Camaro sold (i was gonna use some of that money). But, the car did NOT sell then, but it did yesterday. Now that I have the money, I don't want to spend what the guy was wanting to charge me. It wasn't a bad price, but I need to watch what I spend this Summer.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  11. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Thomas Tops & Upholstery in Hollywood. 323-469-3277. Talk to Dale...He did all the cars in the Bruce Willis collection that was auctioned off at the petersen a couple of months ago...And he'll be there on the 10th with his 69 Super Bee......

12. [​IMG]
    450.00 for both buckets and back seat.

13. Looks good! Where's the carpet?

14. have to drive the car over there for carpet 170.00 for that

15. elrobo818

elrobo818

uhh... so, yea cruising down van nuys...... lol

16. Get a carpet kit from Classic Industries in Huntington Beach and install yourself. It's molded to fit the floor exactly and has jute padding glued underneath. A more authentic looking heel pad on the driver's side, and prolly less money as well

17. whats is so bad about the valley?

Whoo Boy. Where do I start? I grew up in Sun Valley. Camellia Ave Elementary, S.V Jr. High and Poly High. My parents bought their house new in '51. It was a nice, quiet middle class neighborhood. We rode our bikes, stayed out after dark, went where we pleased, hung out at Sun Valley park, the Rollercade, Valley Plaza, etc. The neighbors all got along or at least respected one another. Houses and yards were kept nice and tidy. I've been back a number of times, the latest about 2 months ago. Dead lawns, cars everywhere because many of the garages are illegally converted apartments, loud music blaring from every other house, somewhat unsavory looking people just hanging out, bars on most of the windows, bedsheets for curtains, dogs barking their heads off.
    Sun Valley Jr. High was one of the worst schools in the state, so bad that the State of California theatened to fire the entire administrative staff and take over control.
    Drive by shootings are pretty commonplace, gangs are rampant. The Vineland Boys were/are one of the worst in the county.
    What's wrong with the Valley? Nothing, I guess, if you like that sort of thing. I prefer it where I am. I can be in the Valley in less than 30 minutes, yet I and my kids and grandkids can do all of the things that I mentioned at the beginning without someone asking us, "where are you from." I haven't taken the keys out of my vehicles in 23 years, I have, inadvertantly, left my shop open all night with the lights on several times (stupid, no matter where you live!!) without a single thing touched or missing.
    I have fond memories of the Valley, but for those who are left, you can have it.

18. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

I call B.S, as my connections say you are one of the wealthiest land Barons in outer Burbank and are worth millions.

19. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

$450 for the whole interior, including headliner and your neighbors patio awning, in T.J.. My '40 Ford coupes T.J. interior was installed 10 years after I got her (got her in 1962), cost $175 and that included the WHOLE interior PLUS running boards,WHOLE trunk, and insert (show pieces) for under the hood. But then again shopping T.J. is kinda like shopping mail order which is what drove my REAL speed shop out of business and others like Service Centers, National Speed, Blair's, American speed (V.N.), Speedmasters (V.N.), etc., etc., etc. Amazing how so many people that "claim" they are "into" their car will buy electronic's, CHROME, and such, SIGHT UNSEEN. Miguel has the RIGHT idea, and that is to find the best for the money you have to spend, IN YOUR AREA. Then again for all you that are looking for B.S. deals I hear Wal-Mart will soon be getting in more stuff from China that are to include "Custom Paint in a tube", "Water activated upholstery kits", and "Blown Turboed Tunnel Ram fuel injected Rat Mouse FE Big small blocks, with or without distributor drive gears in your choice of Baby Blue or Pussy Pink, engines built soley by Ching Ding Doe in Bejing by a distant cousin, 3 times removed, of Ken Black, Keith blacks SON." But I'm bet'n that Ken builds one hell of an engine compared to ANYBODY and that Ching don't know shit. You go on with your bad self Miguiel!!! Groucho? Don't squeak TOO much, yur statin to sound like one of your customers. lol.

20. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Elrobo, ever heard of commercials? This is kinda like that only internet style. Soon we will go back to our unscheduled thread. lol.

22. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Whoo boy where do I start? You don't. My friend and Valley arrival on about the same date as me (but I was 5 in '51), the valley to our grand kids IS, as I'm sure you realize, NOT the "VALLEY OF OUR YOUTH" (Which is the title of my first book), followed by the street racing autobiography "VALLEY BOYZ" (elrobo, this is one of those internet commercials I was talking about!! lol). Don't worry tho, the kids nowadays would not understand your words, for the most part, you are speaking jebberish to them. Let it be. Us boys remember don't we? Sure we do. Besides, how do you describe the mixed aroma of strawberries, oranges, lemons, limes, REAL soil tied with the Santa Anna winds slowly brushing your hair and caressing your cheeks on those warm summer nights as you sat under the newly installed street lamps kickin it with all yur buddies talkin about tomorrows football game yur gonna play on Stevies front lawn and Nancy didnt have tits yet and was the best tight end you guys ever knew. They will never understand OUR heaven, but WE do. Nite,

23. MAN! hey groucho how many drive by's have you done. i told you to stop playing your music loud. ha ha ha

24. All you people that talk down on the valley and how good it was. You guys don't live here any more get over it you should of stayed here and fought for it. I do! Weather im pushing a broom on the weekends or cleaning grafitti. Im trying to make a difference for me and my kids!
    Its my valley born and raised in sun valey(sierra memorial hospital in sun valley) and in here to stay!

25. elrobo818

elrobo818

i feel you man... same here...

born and raised on the east side of the sfv...

dont think i'll be going anywhere else.

26. elrobo818

elrobo818

hey gotcha!

now back to our scheduled programming???

haha.

27. So, where is this place you live now?

28. All you people that talk down on the valley and how good it was. You guys don't live here any more get over it you should of stayed here and fought for it. I do! Weather im pushing a broom on the weekends or cleaning grafitti. Im trying to make a difference for me and my kids!
    Its my valley born and raised in sun valey(sierra memorial hospital in sun valley) and in here to stay!

It's Serra Memorial. I left because there was no point in fighting the inevitable.
    Good for you, trying to make it a better place for your kids. I wish you well, but have my reservations. I only see it getting worse and worse each time I pass through. I have no attachment to the old neighborhood. I have a lot of good memories,but that's all.
    I don't understand the mindset of people that will sacrifice their quality of life and even, sometimes, their lives, for a piece of dirt. People that will tattoo where they are from across their neck or, even, their forehead. I am more than where I live. It's how I live that counts and the old street won't allow me that. This is not to say that I look down my nose at people in the Valley. I know most of you are not cholos, pimps or drug dealers or that I don't have a few within spitting distance of The Fongderosa. It's just that their presence is not obvious or ubiquitous
    As far as "getting over it", trust me, I have. The only reason I go there anymore is to hit the wrecking yards and Industrial Metal Supply. We have a new metal supply in town, so I don't even go to Industrial any longer

So, where is this place you live now?
    South end of the Grapevine, 2 1/2 acres back in a canyon.

29. Castaic?

30. banditomerc

banditomerc

Mann,at least you admit your crazy,(I think your paranoid)! Naw... your not a problem.the guys that don't realize they're crazy are the true nuts.Have you looked around your compound err..house lately?? Be on the lookout for guys with FBI,CIA,ATF,ETC...they may be interested in talking with you.CHILL OUT!:eek: