Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hotel choices for the Stray Kat 500

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Apr 27, 2009.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lot of calls over the weekend trying to find hotel rooms. The
    Best Western (host hotel) the Super 8, and the Hampton are
    full the next hotel would be the La Quinta Inn. It is one mile
    south of the host hotel, right off of Hwy 75. Rate is $69 a night.

1410A SE Washington Blvd
    Bartlesville, OK 74006

Phone: (918) 331-9151

If ya guys need anything else let me know........

Happy Trails,

Mick

2. Big Tony

Big Tony

I've got a couple rooms at the Hampton that i will cancel on Wednesday...PM me if you need one, two or three for Friday and Saturday

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Tony for the heads up but they are already gone.....

4. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

I got a room at the econolodge a few days ago. Don't know if they have any left or not. Is that place ok Mick? Kinda scares me when there are still rooms left and when I called and the woman said she would have to call me back because she was in the laundry room!!

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jamie,

We've had guys stay they're before and not a problem. Place is a husband and
    wife owned hotel. They don't spend any money for staff unless they have too.
    It was re-modeled six years ago. It is not a Hampton but is a nice Econolodge.

Good luck with the '41......

Happy Trails,

Mick

6. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

I have a room at the best western for friday and saturday if anyone wants it. NOT canceling due to RAIN!!!

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RAIN???

I need the room...... badly

8. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

I guess its good I'm only going a day...

9. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

that girl HOT ROD KITTEN text me the other day asking if i was still going, guess some people are bailing out cause they think its gonna rain. Thats not why im not going. Room is yours Mick

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've not had any cancelations on my side because of rain. Yesterday we hit
    180 pre-entries, Most of the guys that attend the SK500 don't care about
    the rain. When ya get back I want to hear about your trip out to Santa
    Maria......Very KOOL!!

Happy Trails,

Mick

11. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

I'm not just "that girl" JOHNNY.
    Yeah a few people are bailing because of the predicted rain. A friend is cancelling rooms at the Best Western for Fri/Sat nights...so if anyone wants them, PM me and I'll get you their info.

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Rain? What rain.........even the wife has been to the SK500 in a down pour in the roadster p/u.....and when we arrived, I told her that I would check into the room and get her dried off and she could read a book or something.......she said, "Heck, I am all ready soaked, lets enjoy the show"....hahaha.

Chris

Attached Files:

13. It's not rain.....it's liquid sunshine. :) To those who might bail due to weather: did you not read the Roundup coverage about how good the rain made it? :)

14. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Rain? We don't need no freeking rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe a little light dew, but that's all. We'll be there, I've been wet before!

15. buickbelle

buickbelle

Hey Mickey,

Just to let you know, it looks like the weather isn't lookin so good. Mike just got the brakes fixed on Kool Kat last weekend (after a two week struggle finding parts!), which is a good thing, but after the marathon rain we got here Sunday (7 inches in less than 12 hours) a lot of roads here in Doo Dah have been closed till yesterday. He hasn't had a chance to drive the car much. Kool Kat doesn't like high water!!! Soooo, since there is a flood warning THERE, with more rain due from now till then, we sure don't want to get stranded between here and there so we are probably going to have to miss this year. We were planning on arriving before the cruise on Friday, so if you don't see us by the time the hot dog feed comes around, we probably won't be coming. We will call the host hotel to cancel our reservations once we make the decision which will be some time today or tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know, this is a REAL disappointment for both of us, we dearly love this show and hate like hell that we have to miss it!!!!

Mike and Carrie Rahm
    Wichita, Kansas

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was a wet day and we will never forget it. I wish that I had a camera to capture the pictures of the roadsters running around town. Rooster tails were flying high. Very kool!! That year we had 257 hot rods and kustoms playing in the bad weather.

I know there is complications that happen during the past rain events (flood) that may keep some guys home but over all most of the guys that attend the SK500. Overall rain or shine we will still have a kool event.

Some of my favorite pictures from that year.... Thanks to Raven

[​IMG]

Weather report this morning said that the rain on Saturday will stay south of Tulsa so we should just have overcast.

See ya all this weekend.

Happy Trails,

Mick

17. atch

atch

Hey, folks; if anyone is gonna cancel would you please let me know (573-864-4007 or pm me here)? Or tell the hotel that you're giving the room to me? Lisa at the host hotel has me on a list to get the first cancellation should any occur. So far that hasn't happened. We messed up my reservation this year (NOT the hotel's fault) and right now I don't have a room.

Thanx.

See the rest of ya there Friday! A little rain ain't gonna keep me away. I've been there in the rain before.

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sent ya a pm......

19. buickbelle

buickbelle

We are going to wait another day before we make our decision. I have made arrangements with the host hotel telling them that if we do not call by 5:00 Thursday evening, to expect us. I will keep these #s just in case we decide not to go.

Mike & Carrie Rahm
    Wichita, Kansas

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope everything works out ok for ya guys....Let me know what I can do to help.

21. atch

atch

the hotel just called; i've got a room. WAAA HOOOOO!

see y'all friday.

22. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

The first year I went (2006) it rained but that was some of the most fun I've ever had at a car show...plus we got to see a trashy cover band at the bar!

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Mick, Jen still talks about how fun that trip was......& the Sat. night host hotel "festivities".

I hope to make it to your show in Sept., I have a room and heck it is just a couple of hours away.

And for the first timers to the SK500..........You HAVE to eat at "Murphy's Steakhouse"......we made a roadtrip two weeks ago just to have lunch there with my 10 year old nephew....and he was the only one to clean his plate......Gravy on EVERYTHING!!!......Yum.

Chris

Attached Files:

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was already hungry, now I have to wait until 11:00 to eat!

Murphy's is a have to eat at place. "Gravey Over all!" This year we have a trophy called "Gravey over all" What does that mean? It can't get any better, "pick"

I plan on heading your way a couple of times this year in the Merc. Our paths will
    cross before Wichita.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. buickbelle

buickbelle

Talked to Bill Moore last night, he suggested a route that may not be the problem that 160 may promise, especailly in Ark City (it always floods badly under the railroad tracks there). We are going to go ahead use the "alternate" route, so we should be there around noon on Friday. We have decided to try 400 to 75, let me know if there are any problems in that area, OKAY? Otherwise SEE YA MANINIA!!!

Carrie

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Carrie that is the way that I go to Wichita, very kool wide open roads. Just don't
    drive it wide open. ha,ha,ha,. Beware of the Kansas Hi Po.

Happy Trails,

Mick

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I may have an extra room for the host hotel for Friday & Saturday.... ???