Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 fairlane gasser? what wwill it take

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrods_by_troy, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Uh make it go fast? :rolleyes:
    Oh you just want to look at it like the majority of the "Gassers" out there.

Give me a brake this is a test, you're pushin' our leg right. I mean no one is really that dumb are they?

2. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

I gave him the links to crites and the tbolt thread..if that isnt inspiration enough then....I dont know what would.

3. ratrods_by_troy

ratrods_by_troy
    BANNED
    from Indy

I got a 302 with a blower today and i think its a c4 trans, and yes i plan on running this at the good guys show and the midwest gassers, so no im not that stupid "ass hole". I just want to make sure im right on the money with this gasser, Im thing on nameing it the " HARD PIN". I like that what other gasser typ names do you like, I wont use them just wanna hear some new fresh ideas.

4. Coulda saved yourself some time and money and sent a pm to Tingler....
    Search his posts---it's a gasser/street freak on a budget
    I hear his Fairlane's for sale, btw.......

5. fish3495

fish3495

I am building a gasser type 62 fairlane. I lost all my pictures. I took my inspiration from Wild Child 64 falcon www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0511_1965_ford_falcon/index.html for the 40 ford truck front end. . Look on HotRod mag website for a story a couple of years ago on building a 64 fairlane altered http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/113_0503_1964_ford_fairlane_500_altered_wheelbase/index.html for the parallel leaf spring method. I put a 460 and c6 from a 77 Lincoln so I had to cut out the spring towers. Also look at Crites www.critesrestoration.com. PM me if you want to chat. A straight axle is a lot of work. Look a Thunderbolts for a factory A/FX, they are super cool too. For more inspiration try to find Richard LeFebvre The Performance King. he has lots of pics on old A/FX and altered.

Rick

6. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I put a 351 Windsor & C4 in my old '63 Fairlane sport coupe about 10 years ago. It came with a 260 auto. Ran out of room in the shop and moved it up to the farm. It sat out in the barn for about 9 years. Went out last Summer with a fresh battery and gas. It cranked right up, had to bleed the brakes but it still goes and stops.
    I like the straight axle Gasser look but not sure I'd like to drive one a bunch.

7. Dont believe it! a straight axle car is great on the street! hell it worked for 80+ years,just take your time and set it up right and you'll be the king of your streets.:D FYI mines driven damn near daily

8. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Looks like that 289 powered Fairlane has a full one-piece fiberglass frontend. Interesting. Note that it is D Gas. Thanks for posting that pic.

I don't get the name, though. Is it referring to the car being a 4-spd.?

9. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Judging by the trim on the doors and quarter panels, this Fairlane is a '62 with a '63 or '64 clip.

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Beat me to it! ditto look up Tingler 's posts....

11. havi

havi

Correct, it was a '62. FWIW: I found the owner's son and he said, "Back in the mid 60's, my Dad drag raced a 62 fairlane. It had a 65 hi po 289/ 4 speed. At the time, the only fiberglass front end parts available were for 64 fairlanes, so he put the 64 front end on."

12. havi

havi

I forgot, he also said it was probably in Monrovia MD when he raced it and set a national record (has the trophy). I would guess likely for that D gas class.