Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats up with Rally Wheels ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Apr 25, 2009.

1. I ordered a set a chrome reverse 15x 10 wheels from Jimmy in February I have bought wheels before and got them in 2 weeks .I have been calling him for 2 months and every time I call I get, you will have them in 2 weeks I call back there at the chrome shop 2 more weeks. I got tired of calling and getting lies . No call back I send e mails leave messages I get no response or a courtesy call . I know the economy is bad but you would think that an honest answer to a repeat customer and being a HAMB member would be the proper thing to do .Its now April 25 no call no message no nothing !. I had to close my credit card account that I gave him because I could not cancel the order if her never calls me back . Is he out of business ??

2. BBobb

BBobb

If you are speaking of Rally America which i assume you are (Jimmy) I have dealt with him many times and have nothing but the best experiences each time.I am sure there is some type of logical reason behind the delay.Try calling the chrome shop.Hope everything works out for you

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

jimmy is a stand up guy he builds all of our wheels,some times hes at the mercey of other venders and the chrome shop im sure things will pan out !

4. rodncustom

rodncustom

Have you sent him a PM?

5. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

So if you closed your card and he got no money from you, why is this post on here? I have bought many wheels from him and never an issue.

6. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

I don't believe I've gotten any emails from you that I haven't answered and We don't have an answering machine on our phone. I haven't charged your credit card either. I've been having a lot of trouble getting chrome work done lately. My chrome shop give me times and then doesn't come through. But I'll cancel the order for you.
    Jimmy

7. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Case Closed!

8. casper

casper

Sounds like you burned your bridge with the best wheel company on earth. Good luck.

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Jimmy's too modest to throw the chromer thats screwing him under the bus.

This whole post is pointless.

Back down skidoo. Nothing good comes from that kinda talk..

10. Thats some funny shit.....I love the old hamb

11. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

somebody getting burned is pointless?

i guarantee you wouldnt be saying that if it was your buddy on the recieving end.

asshole

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

You're wrong.

He wasn't burned. He says he left messages, but Jimmy doesn't have a machine??

I have buddies waiting for wheels from Jimmy.

They are frustrated. But they're not heading straight to the hamb to bash him.

13. Terry

Terry

Hasn't answered my E-mail either..... I just chalked it up to being bizy. I figured I'd send another later or give him a call. Comes highly recommended.

14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Guys, just don't hit the computer OK? It just an innocent little machine, the guy at the other end can't feel it.

15. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

16. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I called twice last week.... they answered the phone both times.

17. RichG

RichG

I'm confused, who got screwed over? Seems as if he didn't get a product AND he wasn't charged for it...?

If he's that worked up about something that didn't pan out and he didn't lose anything over, then maybe there's another person who wouldn't have lasted on the "Old Hamb"...:D

18. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

@23skidoo I know I haven't been here very long, but I appreciate you expressing your opinion. I must say that you could have been more tactful. Getting disrespectful and name calling serves no purpose, and just bogs down these posts in foolish bickering. Isn't the point of the HAMB mutual love of traditional Hot Rods and helping each other out with building and owning them?

It may well be that there isn't a good reason for the delay, but when several others stand up and put forward their word to Jimmy's solid business practices you shouldn't bash them down.

Just my $.02
    *steps off soapbox*

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  19. <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    All you had to do was was tell me that and not lie about . I would of understood
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

20. Ruiner

Ruiner

I find your signature ironic...based on your side of the story, and using the logic of your signature, aren't you in fact coming out ahead on this deal by not getting your wheels?

21. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

I went through the same thing with Summit on some AR wheels, 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks. That shit gets old real quick when your project is on hold.

And from Wheelkid's perspective having a vendor saying 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks would get old real quick too.

Therefore it would appear that Ragtop 49 and Wheelkid both lost out here, both from problems beyond there control.

Phone calls cost money... maybe once an order is past due a weekly response from Wheelkid to his customers, via email, stating order status would have prevented all of this?

Just a thought.

And sorry if my post isn't as lively as the rest on this thread.

Oh, 1 more thing: I had forgot how hot Whitney Houston was before she became a druggy. She now looks like the Aunt Jamima Pancake Woman after a month in Bangladesh. :D

22. bigolds

bigolds

This very scenario has played out here several times....and always ends up being a communication issue. It seems to me that when a vendor takes an order and a promise to pay from a customer it becomes his responsibility to keep the customer up to date. The customer shouldn't have to call. If the vendor says 2 weeks and 2 weeks comes the vendor should call the customer. The vendor made the promise and the statement....your word is your bond. If the vendor has lost confidence in his suppliers change suppliers or add a considerable amount of time to your estimated delivery date!!!!! That's part of the problem...the vendor sets the expectation and then gets upset when a customer wants to hold him to it!!!! It really sounds like the 2 of you could work this out!!!!

23. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dislike these bashing threads and usually avoid getting drawn into them. I agree that most of the time these things are communication failures or differences in expectations. I will say that I ordered a set of four wheels from Jimmy recently - bare steel - and asked when they would be done and was told they would be done in three weeks and they were. The wheels fit the specific application that we talked about - something that was not the case the last time I bought wheels from another vendor.

24. The whole issue I have is lying to a customer not fucking miscommunication ! you cant have miscommunication on lies !!You don't treat customers like their stupid, you dummy up and tell it like it is once you lie your fucked ...Please close this thread It never changes all I was doing is to see if other people have had problems and with all the PM's I received I guess others have had problems to. You wont stay in business Jimmy lying to customers ..

25. Actually I don't know that love and hotrods should be used in the same sentence. Maybe love and VW Micro bus.

There was a time when we were called hoodlums and it was true. Ah the good ol days when men were men and rubbers weren't invented yet.

Richard cranium. :rolleyes:

26. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

My expieriance, swell

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  27. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Sometimes sending an old fashion Self Addressed Return Enevelope works cause everyone reads their snail mail.

28. RichG

RichG

There's a difference between deliberately lying and just doing business. I wouldn't talk crap about my vendors either (the chromer in this case). I would just try to get the product out to my customer with as little drama as possible.

Did you slip through the cracks? Probably, and it sucks, but it does happen.

Did the guy intentionally try to screw you over? Probably not, as he hadn't charged you for the product yet...

Yet here you are, talking some serious shit about a guy who hasn't wronged you other than not being able to get his product out to you. A PRODUCT YOU HAVEN'T PAID FOR!!! Is it sinking in yet? If he was trying to screw you out of a couple of bucks, he would have charged your card up front, then gave you the runaround. If that had happened, I'd be right beside you, calling him out.

But he didn't charge you. The worst thing he's guilty of is using a crappy vendor and trying to keep his customers happy.

Things didn't go your way this time, that's gonna happen in life. Sometimes situations aren't going to go your way. Grow up and stop trashing someone for what amounts to a penny ante situation. Keep talking trash and you're going to start looking like a troll, just a bit of friendly advice.:D

29. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

I called Jimmy to order a set of chrome reverse wheels three months ago. He was up front and told me it could take 6 to 8 weeks, I could'nt wait so I thanked him for being HONEST and went with something different. I guess you can't please everybody. thanks Jimmy, hopefully on my next project we can do some business. Steve

30. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I had a horrible experience with Jimmy and Ralley America two years ago. I missed a deadline, missed a show, and lost some more hair over the stress.

Specifics arent needed for how bad the deal was, but Jimmy was always on the spot with communications, his dad not so much. I'd even go as far as to say his dad was a major dick on the phone.

In the end, Jimmy made everything RIGHT, was nothing but STANDUP, and got everything FIXED. Try getting that from another vender ***cough*** Stockton***cough***