Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod power tour 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by threepiston, Jan 26, 2009.

1. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

Might be fun for some of you. I searched "power AND tour", didn't come up with anything.

2009 HOT ROD POWER TOUR(TM) ROUTE
    Saturday, June 6
    Madison, WI
    Alliant Energy Center

Sunday, June 7
    Racine, WI
    Downtown Lakefront

Monday, June 8
    South Bend, IN
    St. Joseph County Fairgrounds

Tuesday, June 9
    Warren, MI (Detroit)
    General Motors Technical Center

Wednesday, June 10
    Dayton, OH
    University of Dayton Arena

Thursday, June 11
    Somerset, KY
    The Center for Rural Development

Friday, June 12
    Bristol, TN
    Bristol Motor Speedway

Saturday, June 13
    Bristol, TN
    Bristol Motor Speedway

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like a whole week of very short drives. Sure wish they'd go back to the cross country "real" long hauls of the past. I've got a couple of different groups of friends doing it and staying here at the house so I'll be cruzn around the area of the GM Tech Center on that Tuesday.

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I have the dubious honor of providing staffing for registration in Madison on both Friday and Saturday. If any HAMBers want a M&G, I'm all for it. Also, if you need directions or ideas around the Madison/Racine areas, let me know. Happy to provide as much info as my little brain can come up with

4. ma70tt

ma70tt

since its leaving from madison id be more than happy to throw something at my shop. let me know...

5. missed it last year, but plan on doing madison and racine

6. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

We were at Madison last year and plan to drive down again this year.Maybe we'll take the '49 ...PAUL

7. T BUCKET TERROR

T BUCKET TERROR

I'm planning on doing the long haul.

8. I hope and pray the paint is done on my Merc so I can to one or two legs of it.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Looking forward to a cross country long haul myself. Guess I'll have to wait.

10. Don B.

Don B.
    from IL

I'm looking to roll the PT as well; hope to do the Long haul depends on my Mom's health as she's currently staying with me for a while after lung cancer surgery. All midwest stops for once!

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

went last year and going again this year ! hoping to have the rpu done by then , otherwise i'll be rolin in the ot muscle car !

12. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Don't they ever start or end on the west coast anymore? I'd like to go, but I'd rather it either start or end somewhere near here.

13. George

George

Bristol, Va?:confused:

14. George

George

1/2 the population is in the eastern 1/3 of the Country. Lot more potential customers per mile for the Main Sponsor, GM, in the East. Rumors a few years ago was that GM wants it to stay in a box Texas-Minn-Ohio-Alabama. GM has payed for this year, but will Obama allow GM to sponsor a gas guzzling event in the future?:confused: I'm long hauling in an O/T car.

15. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Sounds reasonable, but the whole time I was working on my present car, all I could think of was how neat it would be to do something like that in it with my family. I'm going to do it one way or another, and it won't be in a modern (you know, comfy and reliable) car. Within the next year or so, I'm going to map out a section of roads I've always wanted to see, fire up the fastback and hit the road. Currently, I plan on driving south to see where James Dean met his demise, then doing Mulholland drive end-to-end, then heading east, following old Route 66 as far as I can in my vacation time. I figure two weeks should be enought to get my fix and fill a scrapbook. Who knows, maybe we could get a run-whatcha-brung HAMB tour together with anyone here who'd like to do the same or meet up along the way. How cool would that be?

16. gonmad

gonmad

I'm going to miss it this year. Too far of a drive for Me with a 3 year AND a 4 month old. It does suck kind of after going on so many of them.
    Have fun guys!

17. George

George

Frieberger has his own site, www.bangshift.com with an unofficial Power Tour section. I think someone on there was talking about an unofficial West Coast Tour that was being organized independant of the P.T.

18. Kinghat

Kinghat

Hey, I recognize your car from the Tour! I have many pics of it. My wife and I are missing this year also, to take a trip to the Grand Canyon. I am going to miss it. A friend of mine is going in a freshly built red Duster. If you see him say hi.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Hot Rod Power Tour press conference at MATC in Madison on Thurday, 4/30. Evil Clown and his buddies will show up in some hotrods, as will me and some friends. I have the dubious honor of being up front and center to answer questions from all the Madison press. Hope they don't find out I am a Republican!

All you Hambers that get involved in the Tour are welcome to track me down. My shop is four miles from the first day route (I helped plan the route, so I know it well) and home is six miles off. I am more than happy to be a tour guide, place to hang out, resource or whatever. Hope to meet you and will be glad to make my part of the world yours

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  20. Gonna have to wait another year to participate, I guess...:(

21. gonmad

gonmad

Cool, were you in the car in your avitar? If you got any cool pics of my car, send them on! LOL.
    The grand canyon is on my list of to do's also, but it won't be this year.

22. 35PontiacCoupe

35PontiacCoupe
    from COS

I'm hoping to do at least Racine, depending on if I have my doors back on! Kinda hard to drive on the interstate without them!

23. munciemike

munciemike
    from WI

Hey Bobwop, could you fill me in on the route? Is it going through Ft Atkinson on Sunday? I am going all the way through until Ohio and then I have to get back to work. I live about 8 miles south of Ft on 106. Gonmad, sorry you can't make the tour but congrats on the newborn. I remember you and your family from last years tour, your car is awesome!

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

MM: Yup, the tour will roll through Cambridge and Fort on Sunday. Will stay on 12 until Hwy 20, then through East Troy/Waterford heading to Union Grove...unless they have altered it recently.

I would like to meet you, unless we have already. Stop in sometime.

25. MilesM

MilesM

My brother and I are meeting up with my brother in law from MI and doing at least to OH, maybe farther, then turn around and run back up to MN for BTT50's.

26. munciemike

munciemike
    from WI

Bobwop, I will swing by and say hi. I believe I met you at Madison Goodguys two years ago. You own the orange Olds if I am correct?

27. RAY With

RAY With

Doing little short runs isn't my bag. I will wait until they get back to the long hauls and try it out.

28. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yup, I own the orange Olds. Give me a heads up when you are coming over and I will show it to you.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Miles, You'll be in the Metro Detroit area on Tuesday, June 9th with PT. I have some friends from CA and from NC also doing the tour. We are all planning on heading for burgers on Woodward that evening for dinner then doing alittle cruzn on Woodward. You and the boys are more then welcome to join us. I'm sure a few local HAMB pals will also join us since the burger place, Red Coat Tavern serves extremely delicious burgers.

30. coop31

coop31

I will be there for sure, it's in my back yard! Please let me know if anyone wants to hang out or meet and greet.