Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jefferson county WI swap meet or first fifty auto parts swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buster6972, Apr 22, 2009.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hotter than hades and windy too, shouldn't complain cause it sounds like the weekend will be a rain out. not much money changing hands today, but today the event wasn't even officially open

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Did you sell the van up there? I did get to stop at your lot today too. I like the row of high ridin ole chevs. KOOL

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Typical Spring Jefferson:rolleyes:

4. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I have been to both many times. Jefferson is far a better show. At least 50 times bigger than first 50's. The show to go to in Mpls is next week, the buick show. That is usually pretty big. For some reason Jefferson and Iola are swaps that are way bigger than amything here in Mpls.

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

From where I'm sitting, just north of Milwaukee, I would guess Jefferson is typical Spring Jefferson mud fest. Glad a stayed home today, sold a Dakota tailgate I paid $5 for $125, via Craigslist, didn't even have to leave home.

6. Hardy

Hardy

How deep is the water this year?

7. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, you nailed it exactly correct. I think that the weather was worse than forecast, and we gave it up about 11:30 this morning. Just once I would like to go to Spring Jefferson without some kind of weather crap.

8. flatjack

flatjack

Just got home myself. Today was a total mess. So what's new? We stay pretty dry, but I feel sorry for all those guys that get flooded out.

9. 2-TONED

2-TONED

there were deals there!
    we made it 6 1/2 hours of walkin. too much shit covered up too much rain RAIN all day. :eek:

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

what a mess in the car corral. I can't figure out why they let vehicles drive around and mud up the aisles. A terrible scene with many vehicles stuck. Will be worse tomorrow, but likely won't be many there.

Stick Shift...I had a deal cooking on the van and he followed through late yesterday. Not a result of the Meet. I traded up to a 47 Willys CJ2A and sold that this morning. I also sold that nice Rambler wagon I bought from Poverty Flats (Paul). Not a big profit, but the adventure was one of value!

I have yet to even make an offer on a car. I feel the quality is down and the prices are up. I am surprised that there haven't been a few good deals due to the economy, but I have yet to see one. Only good deals are on the cars I am selling! :)

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I went on Saturday, couldn't recognize anyone for all the ponchos and hats. Bought lots of stuff but didn't really see any great deals. Lots of stuff tarped up (cant blame them). For me Jefferson can be summed up in one sentence... "Thank God for waterproof boots and 4 Low". I'll still be back next time though!

12. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

I shot down on Friday, glad I did, the weather was excellent that day. I had not been there in nearly 20 years. Only spent about 5 hours there, but did pick up a nice un-split wishbone, axle with spring and spindles on the cheap in my opinion. Glad I went (Friday that is, Sat and Sun had to suck really bad weather wise)

13. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

First fifties is at MN State Fair grounds, but Jefferson is the place to go! I've been to both and there's more to be had at Jefferson. I'm only 20 minutes away from The first fifties and I'm not going, I forgot to get cash out of the piggy bank, and beside, I have alot to do on my roadster before Back to the 50's.

Have fun tomorrow which ever swap ya decide on! :mad:

14. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

muddy and more muddy. This year was a bust for me. Prices were up and some guys wouldn't even budge on prices for items. Got pretty wet but had fun so it was a good time.

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

I usually fly back to IL. to go to Jefferson but I am going to quit going in the spring. Always raining or mud up to your eyeballs so I am going to start going in the fall instead.

16. snelson57

snelson57

Crap, Brian. I was there on Friday, too. Would have liked to catch up with you. Glad I went on Friday, the rest of the weekend sucked.

17. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Walked around in Crocks and shorts in the rain for 5 hours. Spent about 800 dollars and saved about 800 dollars on lots of 60s Ford parts for my projects.