Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should I put her to BED?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Apr 23, 2009.

1. 73RR

73RR

One more vote for the bed. That car is way cool !!

2. rick finch

rick finch

I like the bed idea..........more balanced to my eye, but your car looks great either way, so no matter what it's still a winner!

3. Big Dad

Big Dad

4. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Looks a whole lot better with a bed on it. My $.02

5. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I like with the bed, but I would shorten it about 6 inches. Anyone wanna photoshop that?

6. 29paul

29paul

Like the bed

7. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Bed is cool but I like the idea of it being removable. Keeps your options open. However,as its been said you cant lose either way.

8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

The trunk that Chopt34 posted is mint! It flows alot better than the bed IMO.

9. Anderson

Anderson

Hows that? Shorter I mean.

[​IMG]

The quarter panels look pretty cool....but I don't think I want to turn it into a roadster. Besides, the idea behind all this is to have room to haul stuff and there wouldn't be much room with the decklid like that. Really cool idea though!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I think it looks better with the bed. No doubt.

11. I know it is not what you were asking for, but you know I have A.D.D. ! Did you notice any of the other little details?
    By the way, you did a killer job on the top, did not realize you were a trimmer too!

12. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

13. bigken

bigken

Bed - or you can 'buy' a pickup ! :-O

14. Anderson

Anderson

Thanks! But I just did the framework. Mike Millsap here at work did the cover for me.

Yeah, I think I spotted the changes! I've got some shorter model A wishbones I was thinking of putting on the car and raising them up to the side of the frame. I didn't intend for the bones to point to the ground so much, they didn't do that when I started the build :D

15. Brandi

Brandi

I like the bed. And the little Euro look. Hell, I just like your car, period.

16. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

The bed is cool

17. Kinky6

Kinky6

The bed looks fine, but I have always liked the look of this car as a modified the entire time that you have been building it. Its one of the coolest modifieds around just as it is.

I like the idea of using an antique fold-down luggage rack, removable of course, to preserve the modified look while still having luggage room for two on a weekender. A short removable bed could do the same thing, and looks O.K. on it, also. It just changes the character of the car, somehow.

Just my $0.02. :cool:

18. mr.smith

mr.smith

go for with bed in the rear looks great!

19. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

looks finished with the bed. i vote yes

20. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

I WOULD DEFF THROW A BED ON IT! THAT LOOKS GREAT! (sorry for the caps just noticed that to lazy to go back and delete haha)

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I like the bed... allot ...but I think it looks too skinny... can you photoshop it with a
    good 4 inches added???

the cab and hood are so fat and the bed is thin...

but I really like the bed idea..

P.

22. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the lines of this car as is - I think the bed makes the wheel base look too short, it's better as a modified. That body, hood and grill combo would look killer with a bed that mimicked the contour of the body - but to do it so that the proportions are "right" you would have to lengthen the wheel base by moving the rear wheels back. With so much thought into the stance, proportion, details of your car - putting the bed on the back looks like an after thought (which it is).

23. agentwaldo

agentwaldo
    from Ventura

it looks like you got your badass-self one of them bigass ,damned-if-you-do,damned-if-you-don't kind of prolems that'll kick yer 'ol ass for a while. don't let it worry you too much tho', cause it is gonna look fuckin' great any way you go, the car just has balls, no doubt about it. I'd enjoy it like it is for a while and let the idea come tell me what needs to be done. If nothing comes calling, leave it alone! waldo

24. Looks good with the bed. But I think I know the REAL reason you need more luggage space... did you have a make-up bag in your lap all the way to Austin.... haha.. :)

25. Anderson

Anderson

Hmm. Well, I don't think I'd want to thicken the bed itself up anymore. But, and I didn't photoshop these in, there would be some tail lights (probably '37 ford, same as what I have already) hanging just under the back of the bed, with the license plate in the middle. That might add some thickness to the back of it.

Thanks again for all the input and suggestions everyone.

26. striper

striper

I like how your car keeps evolving but still stays on plan. I love the roof too. I like it both ways and I can see the need for a bed. I haven't got mine on the road yet and I'm wondering where I'll put a bag or anything to go away for a weekend.

Modifieds look great. Maybe they should have stayed on the lakes?

Pete

27. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I like it better without the bed, just my two cents...

28. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Eric,
    The bed is way cool.

But be careful...after the bed comes a camper topper!

[​IMG]

Bart

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Why, then it would look like there is no point in the conversion because there would be NO luggage space...would there?

30. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Now wouldn't that camper top look better if it actually cover the cab and moulded to the windshield, sorta like the old Bronco/Blazers in days of yore?