Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who cruised Van Nuys Bl in the 70's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 26, 2006.

1. I can do wednesday or whenever. Count me in with my white '55......

2. tinknocker86

tinknocker86
    from california

Hey Rat Rod Roach! Thanks brother, that was just the kick in my memory I needed! Stick City was on the corner of Whittier and Ocean View, the burger stand across the street was Scotty's. If any of you fellas are old enough to have been there you might remember that there was a Bob's Big Boy WITH carhop service just west of the corner Roach and I are talkin' about. Shit I miss it!

3. You guys are tryin' to revive a piece of history from the 60's & 70's that is long gone.

I remember when the valley was full of open land & orange groves.

Now.... it is nothin' but apartments, condos & tackey strip malls that are all tagged up with graffiti.

The Van Nuys Blvd. area is now deterioriated & everyone who knew any better left a long time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQXeC5O01Y

4. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

By the way Eryk, GOT'CHAS e-mail is [email protected].

5. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

What years?

6. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Are you scary or just stupid? Van Nuys Blvd. is owned by every American in the u.s. and that includes us Washingtonians and I'll drive on it any time I want, screw the pigs that ATTEMPT to violate my "RIGHT TO TRAVEL".

7. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

man that looks like Howards (Indian Summer) old '55 from '76-'77, on the trunk it said "RATATTACK" had a rat holding a machine gun (I did the artwork).

8. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

AND? I lived at 13957 Terra Bella. The 13th house of 27 of the FIRST housing built in the Valley in 1951. I remember all the citrus orchards and strawberry fields and no freeways. Your point is what? That the youngster can't put it all together? I think your wrong. AND YOUR OLD, AND Evidently wore-out. Go back to bed. Give'um a boost not a kick in the teeth. Defeatist attitudes is NOT what is needed, dig?

9. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

ditto my friend, ditto!!!!

10. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Groucho, it's GOMS, SMOG backwards! Not GOMMS, please don't stutter when you spell my name, thanks bud. And that jacket STILL FITS!!!
    My "guns" are bigger and still have ab's, no gut for this fart! Remember ONLY original members had capital R's and the females were done in violet. Super Jew is back in the fold, thanks to vncruiser, thankx Reid!! Take yur machine work to Super Jew at carquest in Newhall. You know he's the one to go to!

Attached Files:

11. Well, it's a good thing we all don't think like you. If we did, there'd be no March Meet, Dragfest, Hot Rod Reunion, and other XLNT nostalgia events to preserve the foundation of our hobby

12. Sorry Johnnn:D

13. lownslow

lownslow

haha what up ed ?
    donnie

14. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Actually, Got'cha, that was posted by HAMBER Carl LaFong (he must be a WC Fields fan) and I just passed it along....

15. im down but im confused :confused: who is the van nuys cruising association?

16. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

It's a mysterious organization to everyone.....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  17. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

ditto!

18. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Miguel? Ask no questions and you will get no lies.:rolleyes: Just PLEASE believe. BELIEVE!

19. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

I know your a good guy miguel but take it from a pro...........don't ask certain questions because the answer is more involved than the innocent question you asked. Just go with the flow, I hope you know that I say this to protect us all, right vncruiser??

20. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Then thank you to Carl and I still thank you Reid!;)

21. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

That's ok GOTCHO:eek:

22. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Thanks Carl, talked to him (Harlan) Tuesday and Wednesday and talked to BIG WILLIE today. WOW. Wildman passed a couple years ago. Bummer, good competitor. R.I.P. Racer! OK next to dig out of the wood work is "Nervous Glenn", Come on gang pull him to the front of the line!!:eek:

23. We are:D

24. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

R U catchin on Miguel?? Hope so, we need you buddie!! Right, Van Nuys Cruising Association (VNCA)? And the beat goes on. WORD!:cool:

25. IM IN! i drive down van nuys all the time in lowered/juiced cars.

i like the idea of meeting at burbank and van nuys. i think there is a gas station right on the corner if i remember correctly.

if we get bored on the first night we could always cruise van nuys down to panorama city alot of my friends hang out at the pep boys (mostly low riders) on van nuys and chase. we never get harrased there!

26. I'm not sure, but I think the idea was to meet in the market (Ralph's) next to that gas station (S.E. corner?)

27. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Hey Groucho, talked to Willie yesterday. You may want to solicit his help on this thing. You guys could be sitting on a gold mine. Just act right then you won't have to back down from the powers that be. Remember the "other side" has felt like they are right for YEARS. They are'nt YOU GUYS ARE! Also Scimo, the 'striper is connected pretty good with LOW RIDER mag. give him a shout. 818-834-5959, you or Miguel. You guys have MANY people in high places!!!!
    Use them!

28. SCIMO is a good dude i've known him since i was a kid. he is a lil out of the loop now.

29. i think the best idea would be to park on the street. if we park at the ralphs we will be on private property and they can call the cops on us.

30. dw123

dw123

Good to see this thread back to the top, love it...!