Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nightstalker gets Whacked!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketGirl, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

SSSSSSS! the car is having it's evil way with you!!

[​IMG]

Repeat after me..SBC's are Boring..SBC's are boring....

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

founding member :D

3. 41DeluxeRat

41DeluxeRat

i would love to find a car with an intersting history like that. I know mine has some kind of history, but nothing famous! the guy i bought it from said it had been in some weddings or something like that, it had shag carpeting and red velvet seats and door pannels, can you say shaggin wagon?! id better check over my seats with a blacklight...:eek: *gags* anyways, Cool car! cant wait to see it chopped.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yep the reason that model was a Rocket was the engine...

5. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

lets call B.S on this one. i have seen a few shows and read a book or two about this guy. i'm not saying impossible but very unlikly. this is the wikipedia posting that seems to be correct. he was a thief and a killer. in fact the cars that are linked to him, he stole.

Earlier on the night of August 24, a teenager who had been working on his motorcycle in his parents' garage had noticed an orange Toyota driving into the neighborhood, and he noticed it again as it was leaving. It struck him as suspicious, so he wrote down the license plate number. The next morning, he called the police about the car. With the plate number, the police were able to determine that the 1976 orange Toyota had been stolen in Los Angeles's Chinatown while the owner was dining at a restaurant. An alert was put out for the car, and two days later it was located in the Rampart section of Los Angeles. The police kept the car under surveillance for nearly 24 hours in the hope that the Night Stalker would return for it, but he did not. A forensics team scoured the car for evidence and came up with one good fingerprint which they sent to Sacramento for analysis. Hours later the computer had found a match. The print belonged to Ricardo "Richard" Leyva Múñoz Ramírez. Further analysis revealed that this print matched a print taken from a window sill at the Pans' house near San Francisco.
    On August 31, Ramírez arrived in the downtown Greyhound bus station in Los Angeles, after coming back from his brother's home in Tucson, Arizona. As Ramírez was leaving the bus station, he noticed that the area was flooded with cops, but managed to slip away unnoticed, unaware that he was identified as the Night Stalker. As he walked into a corner store, the owners noticed his face from the mugshots, and one of them shouted out "El Matador" ("The Killer"). Ramírez turned to the side, saw the newspaper rack with his face on several front covers, grabbed La Opinión, and ran.
    Ramírez would run two miles in 12 minutes, heading east from downtown Los Angeles. Ramírez then tried to steal Faustino Pinon's red Ford Mustang. Ramírez, who was wearing a black Jack Daniel's t-shirt, had been hopping fences between yards, searching for a car he could steal easily. He had been chased off the property next door to Pinon's home and wound up in Pinon's yard. Ramírez saw that the Ford Mustang parked in the driveway was unlocked and the keys were in the ignition. He jumped in and started the engine, but had not noticed that the car's owner was underneath it, working on the transmission. As soon as Pinon, 56, heard the engine starting, he rolled out from under the car. Angry that someone was touching his prized possession, Pinon reached through the window and grabbed Ramírez around the neck. Ramírez warned Pinon that he had a gun, but Pinon ignored him. Ramírez put the car into gear and tried to drive away, but Pinon would not let go of him. The car crashed into a fence, then into the garage.
    Pinon got the door open, pulled Ramírez out, and threw him to the ground. Ramírez scrambled to his feet and ran across the street just as 28-year-old Angelina de la Torres was getting into her Ford Granada. He ran up to her car and stuck his head through the driver's window, demanding that she give him the keys, threatening in Spanish to kill her if she did not. She screamed for help, and her husband Manuel, 32, came running from the backyard. According to Nancy Skelton in the Los Angeles Times, he grabbed a length of metal fence post as he passed through the gate along the side of the house. In the meantime, Jose Burgoin, who had heard the struggle in Faustino Pinon's driveway, had called the police. He ran outside to help Pinon, and when he heard Angelina scream, he called to his sons (Jaime, 21, and Julio, 17) for assistance. As the brothers ran to help Mrs. De la Torres, they saw the stranger scrambling across the front seat of her car. Jaime recognized him from photographs in the newspapers and on television and yelled that this was the killer, and the men made a mad dash to catch him. Ramírez ran, but Manuel de la Torres caught up with him and hit him across the neck with the metal post he was still carrying.
    Ramírez kept running, but de la Torres followed, hitting him repeatedly from behind. Jaime Burgoin caught up with Ramírez and punched him. Ramírez stumbled and fell but quickly got up and continued running with de la Torres and the Burgoin brothers on his heels. Finally, de la Torres swung hard and hit Ramírez on the head. The Night Stalker collapsed to the ground. Jaime and Jose Burgoin closed in on him to keep him down until the police arrived.
    One day after Ramírez's face was made public, the Night Stalker was in custody and behind bars. Upon his arrest, Ramírez, 25, was charged with 14 murders and 31 other felonies related to his 1985 spree. He was also charged with a 15th murder in San Francisco and rape and attempted murder charges in Orange County.

6. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Yup, stolen cars... Remember most gun crimes are with stolen guns or non-registered guns. Doesn't mean the felon didn't own any of his own. How easy would it be to ID someone driving a 50 olds...I don't really care if people believe it or not... and yes we know it is a rocket because of the engine.. Just being a smartass back to the smartasses. For all I care Yorgatron can stay off this post if he doesn't like women having cars or SBCs...

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Don't try to make it about you being a woman. That has nothing to do with it.
    It's about the history and why it was a Rocket in the first place. I think you may have gotten off a little easier if nothing else. This is the way the HAMB is, and believe it or not it's a lot nicer than it was at one point. Enjoy the car. Have fun with it. Drive it like you stole it, or Ricardo did. I for one am glad that you'd like to restore it's heart and soul to it...

8. SHRUM

SHRUM

Reading this reminds me of that sienfeld episode when Castanza bout Jon Voights car!

Ofcourse it was the wrong Jon Voights car, either way it makes for an interesting topic.

I think if it were mine I would be wishing it wasn't his car!

Can't wait to see the chopped pictures.

9. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Yorgatron himself says he is the president of the women and SBC haters club...

This is the reason I haven't been posting much on the HAMB... and kinda lost interest in most of the posts.... We work on and live cars EVERYDAY. She is excited about her car actually getting worked on and her thread starts going off in diff. direction....

Back to the subject at hand... The chop.... Lets try to keep this on track instead of a story and motor pissing contest...Yes, SBCs are common..like she stated earlier, she is looking for a rocket to put back in it.. Jason..

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I think the big smiley face :)D) after that says it was meant as a joke... or did we all miss that? That's the problem with this sometimes, people miss the emoticon and take it way to seriously.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

^^^^what bear metal customs said ^^^^

12. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

That smiley tells me he is proud of his membership....There is two ways to look at it...

13. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Some people have nothing better to do than get up in the morning, log on and try to make someone else misserable.

Just ignore the negative posts and get back out to the garage!

14. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I brought up the He Man woman hater club, but only because I don't really think he serious.
    I am glad to see we have more women on this board with cars. Rocketgirl post away. Oh and my name is Tiki Diablo and I have a small block chevy.

15. SHRUM

SHRUM

True its hard to tell, but it came off to me as him being an asshole. Then I thought mabee they were friends, untill the next post.

Its funny she gets shit about her user name, about a car that they are actually working on. But people can write big storys about cars they are embarassed to drive because they need washed. And get nothing.

I think thats funny, give shit to a woman(most men cant get a woman in the garage) over a name. And not give it to someone telling about what type of tire cleaner they use.

I try to stay out of this bullshit as much as possible but they are Alliance Dealers. They treated me good, and my buddy just bought some wheels off them this week. First thing he said was they were cool.

16. racer756

racer756

That car is going to be great. I like the story behind it also. Mostly I like that YOU(jason) and your family are very involved TOGETHER in this project. I think most these guys are just giving you a hard time..in jest. Rock on!

17. Yorgatron is a keeper of the Olds flame. And he has a pretty wicked sense of yoomer. If you have a thin skin, he's likely to poke you. I just wanted to say that when you find a Rocket for that car, Yorgi is a font of useful info. Especially if you plan on running the Hydro.

I might call to some of your attention that this is the kinder, gentler HAMB. Sad. The more politically correct it becomes, the fewer posts from some of the really interesting folks. Some of the guys who will savage you with sarcasm also have real useful knowledge about obscure stuff. Like Rocket engines, Hydromatics and nearly anything.

Sometimes with smartasses, you have to tolerate the ass part to get to the smart part. Usually worth it.

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Good point...

19. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I am just trying to keep the post on track and I don't want her to get discouraged because of a few neg. posts.... I gotta get back out in the shop now. We are in process of cutting the roof off.. Jason.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  20. RichG

RichG

My grandpa told me something once, "the world is full of assholes, and you're gonna meet them everyday, so get used to it."

He was right. Cool car, I love to see stock stuff torn up, please keep us up to date, this is better than cable TV right here :D (and I mean the CAR)

21. Man, Electrodude, I went back to look for the assholes you refer to. Didn't see them. Almost all the replys were complimentary or helpful.

Jason, I'm following along on this. I know of a couple of Rockets and if you're interested, I'll ask about them. Need a Hydro too? Will a 303 do?

22. RichG

RichG

Chili Phil, I wasn't saying anyone was an asshole, I was just quoting Gramps.

I suppose you could substitute "smartass" for "asshole", but then that would make me a "smartass" too...:D No offense directed at or intended towards anyone:)

23. Gramps was obviously a smart man. A thick skin will serve one well in life.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Haha, wouldn't be the first time.

Should be an awesome car with an "interesting" past.
    Big time CREEP factor, bonus points.
    Are you guys repainting it the same color?

My name is Jimmy Smith and I own a small block chevy.....

25. Garage Concepts

Garage Concepts

26. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I thought he was calling Richard Ramirez an asshole, which I thought, ya know , was letting the guy off a little easy, just being an asshole. He killed people for cryin out loud.

27. SHRUM

SHRUM

I read the link left on him I was like oh my ...... didn't realize it was such a spree and what all he did. No bonus for me I would be selling it and not telling where it might have come from.

28. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

29. 29 de soto

29 de soto

jason,thank you for trying to get this post focused again..more pics might do it!

30. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I say drive it as is until you find the "proper" motor as they say. No real problem with that. But just like a hemi car without the hemi is really a 'use to be a hemi car, but not anymore', same with a rocket. But, problem will be easy to solve in the future when the time comes.

But to Yorgi's point, imagine saying you have a hemi and then popping the hood to show people an SBC. Everyone's going to say WTF, that ain't no hemi. Pretty much the same thing with the rocket. But, again, easy to fix in time.

I don't think Yorgi was trying to be so terribly harsh about it ( just a little :D ) and pointing out that to be a real Rocket, it needs to have a real Rocket motor, that's all.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009