Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nightstalker gets Whacked!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketGirl, Apr 22, 2009.

1. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Okay, let me start with the history of how we got this great car. My husband (Jason) and I own Bear Metal Kustoms, so we usually have projects sitting around. He saw posted that someone wanted a truck body and was willing to trade a running 1950 Oldsmobile, he was willing to deliver it also from LA to our shop in Morro Bay.
    So we did the trade, He brought the car up and after the trade was done he thought he would fill us in with the history. He got the car from a friend who worked for a towing/impound yard, the car was impounded from Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) after his arrest. It was not used in any crimes but still a little creepy.
    Of course a builders car is seldom worked on, we got to eat. Last year the guys stripped it and shot it with hardware store paint to get it one color at least. Then they put in an airbag system a customer didnt end up paying for. Jimmy Z is two doors down from our shop and he re-uphostered it for me after I thought I could do it (HA HA).
    Now the work has started to chop the car 4", first we are stripping all the paint above the body line. So here is the photos from last year till yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. RAY With

RAY With

Looks like your getting a good start. Body looks good from the pictures any way-Good luck on the project and post a few progress pic's

3. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

take that stupid chevy engine outta there and install an Oldsmobile,then you can call yourself "Rocket" girl :rolleyes:

4. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

I can call myself "Rocket Girl" because that is the Model of my 50 Olds, I see you have just a "Holiday". It came like that and have been looking for a rocket but have been putting in a bag system, louvers and now the chop, so excuse me!!!
    I take offense to calling the Chevy stupid, they run great and have had a few and still do in the other cars I have.

5. Just don't put those lame fake Olds valvecovers on it.

I see a divider in the windshield. That would indicate that your car is a '49.

6. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

No fake covers!! Numbers ran and it is a 50.

7. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Ok guys, don't give her too hard a time. I ran the vin and the body tag and both say it is a 1950... She knows more than you think.. She has been looking for a rocket engine to build for this car... My Mopars have mopars. The olds will eventually have an olds.. Why tear down a running car to wait till we find an engine?? This thing has 4 corner bags, huge rear frame notch, dropped front spindles waiting to go on, custom interior, louvered hood, skirts, and now it will have a chop... After the chop we need to fix the rear quarters, ugly tail lights and trunk...Here are a couple more pics. I will post pics as the chop continues. We just finished getting it down to bare metal above the trim line. The glass is out and door tops are off. We are getting it braced now and will be whacking the lid in the morning... Jason.

Attached Files:

8. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Cool car! If the motor is 70s/80s it technically might be an olds motor :)

Do you know any more on the story? Like have you researched to see if it's true? As creepy as it is I'd want to know more.

Good luck with the project

9. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

The guy we got it from said his friend got it from the impound where he worked and the paperwork said it was Richard Ramirez and knew it was impounded after the arrest. The creepy thing was a photograph of a girl from the 80's that was stuck on the clock, I took it out!!!
    So I am at the shop and they have done a few things between the customer cars today. Getting excited!!!

Jason just told me in the car when he cleaned it out there were papers of Richard Ramirezs in the car, stuck down under the seats. I think he was trying not to creep me out by just telling me now!!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  10. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Oopps, here are the photos up to 3:30pm today.

Attached Files:

11. mr.smith

mr.smith

whos the night stalker, sry not from around there

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  13. RichG

RichG

Welllll.....

"Somewhere a clock strikes midnight
    And there's a full moon in the sky
    You hear a dog bark in the distance
    You hear someone's baby cry

A rat runs down the alley
    And a chill runs down your spine
    Someone walks across your grave
    And you wish the sun would shine
    No one's gonna warn you
    And no one's gonna yell 'attack'
    And you don't feel the steel
    Till it's hanging out your back

Chorus:
    I'm your night prowler, asleep in the day
    I'm your night prowler, get out of my way
    Look out for the night prowler, watch you tonight
    I'm the night prowler, when you turn out the light ...

Too scared to turn your light out
    'cos there's something on your mind
    Was that a noise outside your window?
    What's that shadow on the blind?
    As you lie there naked
    Like a body in a tomb
    Suspended animation
    As I slip into your room

Chorus

Solo

Chorus

I'm your night prowler, break down your door
    I'm your night prowler, crawling 'cross your floor
    I'm your night prowler, make a mess of you, yes I will
    Night prowler, and I am telling this to you
    There ain't nothing you can do
    (shazbot nunu nunu)"

:D

14. RichG

RichG

Oh, and yeah, that's gonna be a fun car when it's done, congrats!

15. the cars lookin good , Question???? did you try to find out who was the girl in the picture?? that might be even more creepy!!:(

16. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I like alot of what comes out of Bear Metal Kustoms. This should be no different except that it has a story. Keep the girls photograph and the R.R. papers. They only add to the "story".

I like it.

17. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I want to see the documents... and you should have keep the pic..

18. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

It was a faded out pic stuffed into the dash clock... I tossed the papers we found under the rear seat.. It was a little creepy at the time and didn't know if I wanted to tell anyone about the cars history... The car came from a fellow hamb'er and he didn't tell me about the cars past till it was in the shops driveway and the truck loaded up.(probably not a big selling point for most people). We pulled the carpet and everything out of the car... I will see if I have any of the paperwork around(it was random envelopes and stuff not registration..). I have a box full of stuff from the trunk on my office roof in the shop... Jason.

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Remember when that stuff was going on in So Cal back in the mid 80's.

20. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

HELL YA! That car is definately my favorite project in your guys shop! Im glad its finally getting some more attention. keep us posted on the chop. Call me weird, but the fact that RR owned it would definately have been a selling point. Love that car...

21. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

You have to wear an AC/DC hat at all times while driving it!!! Getting a suicide knob with a pentagram on it in ink that rubs off on everyones palm when they grab it would also be a must...

22. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Thanks for the compliment, dont forget about our open house on Friday May1st, less than 2 weeks away. Band and free food, this year we are doing LA Street Hot dogs (Dogs wrapped in bacon with grilled onions and peppers) You know me, if they are good I may make them at the Santa Maria show!!:)

23. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

They called'em Rockets because of the engine,not the body style.

24. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Yorgatron, you didn't just join the "he man woman haters and chevy motor haters club" did ya?

So is it really a car that belonged to THE Richard Ramirez, or just one of the trillion latinos with that name?

25. Nice looking car...Look forward to seeing its progress.

26. cretin

cretin

Cool car. I'm interested to see how it comes out. Gonna paint a pentagram on the dash or what?

27. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

at least you didnt find the bloody glove. that car has a pretty similar roof line to mine and i will be staying tuned to see how you do your chop. good luck and thanks for the pics.

28. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Can't Wait to see this thing chopped!

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man I read it as one of the Night Stalker's (160th SOAR a great bunch of guys it has been my pleasure to be inserted into enemy territory by) getting shot down.
    Then the reality what site I was on hit me................
    Oooooh, the killer....the car...... D'UH!
    Cool story and an interesting part of history, Id love to own it!
    Doc.

30. Wow, the original lines looked great.

I hope it comes out better when finished.