Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LIVE WIRE..A>S>S>...LSRU.. FAMILY.. Calling Austin Home.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Well I'll start with Calling Austin Home...

it seems at the show the word is out..cause pretty much everyone I know.. already knew.. :D but I'm planning on moving to Austin in August...I gotta an offer I couldn't refuse and It will be Mad Fabricators new home base. I'll just say for now that my life is going to change in major ways and moving to Austin is going to be the best decision i'll ever make! I love Cali,,, But I just can't afford it...I want to retire at 45 and move to Hawaii so I gotta start saving
    hahahahahahaha...

I'll post more on this subject in the future....

So last year I was trying to get LIVE WIRE ready for the Round Up... but tragedy struck when one of my cylinders stuck.. missed the show... this year I made up for by coming up 2 weeks early.. Actually I came out to work at A>S>S> during the craziest time of the year for the shop..being at the shop and working with everyone was such a blast,,,they are all family to me...we all busted ass to get the shop all ready for the party,, met deadlines on several cars,,, stayed out late and drove the shit out of our Hot Rods!!!

So I left on the 4th with Dave Martinez we loaded up Live Wire and headed out. 20 hours later we arrived... I got dropped off and Dave went to Do some Upholstery...

One of my goals with the car is to ride along with Bob and Bob Sr. and there cars...soon
    after I unloaded LW.. Bob sr. rolled up and Live Wire finally met his cousin...this was the
    moment I waited for...Mark Fords Rat Rod is bad ass... ;D heheeee
    [​IMG]

So before I left I got LW working ok but the intake that I had on it was not working so good (Edlebrock "Cold Sieries" took forever to warm up )when I got there I talked to Bob about getting her to run better turns out John Joyo had the same intake the one with the heat riser but he traded it a while ago for some other stuff..so he called Greg Brandt who had it and we traded the one on Live Wire for the "Right" one... thanks Greg!!

Dreddybear AKA Paul was a total RULER!!! I ran into him at the roller derby and I told him if he knew where I caould find an intake gasket..he makes a few calls and gets Marc Davis AKA Headhunter on the phone and had an intake gasket at the shop at 9:00 am the next morning then Paul shows up and jumps on it and got it all together and ready for the Dog and Duck...that fucker fired right up and she ran like a champ...110% better!!!! thanks guys!!!

so Paul hops in Live Wire and we all head out...the drive there was awesome.. it was the first cruise in LW with my family,,, and she was running like a champ!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So all week we were busy at the shop trying to get things done for the show...
    Jesse was in town and every day we went to lunch we all hopped in our Hot Rods and
    took off ..most of the time it was Me, Bob, Bob Sr., Jesse , Mark Ford, and Gambino racing the streets of Austin.. Such a blast!!! can't even describe it...

then it was back to work and getting stuff done... Man I really love this place...
    Wednesday came around Gambino and my Luke Showed up to help and bust serious ass..
    more pix

Oh ya.. I almost forgot... Cory one of the owners of ASS and the owner of Luthers on congress was looking for a motor to put in his store front so I happen to have my Nailhead
    there and decied to Paint some frost on it and get it nice a pretty for his store front..
    I think it came out pretty cool...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Then Friday rolled around and we set up the booth and watched the rain pour...
    but saturday rolled in and it was a blast.... Thanks to Steve and the Kontinentals for throwing the best show on earth...

Pixs from other posts... thanks for the shots of LW
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So we leave the show and Myself, Bob and Plowboy head the ASS to get ready for the party
    we took and nice open road and some freeway and i Rode alone and it was the first time on the trip that I rode alone for a distance and it was such a pleasure to have LIVE WIRE running like a champ, in Austin, riding with friends and the sound of the caddy with the fantastic Austin weather couldn't have been a better ride...

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Sunday we went to the Salt Lick and pigged out the drive there was so damm amazing..
    thats what it was all about... I was rolling with TUCK it was nice to see him its been too long.. finally got some sleep... Monday was time to go and I was sad... 1. i'm leaving Austin
    and all my friends 2. I have to drive 20 + hours and 3. I'm leaving Live Wire in an undisclosed garage... I figured theres no reason to bring it home and move it all the way back... so if you see it around Austin its not me but the caretaker...

I was happy to get home tho to my beautiful wife and my dogs..that was hard to be apart
    from them for 3 weeks...

Last shots....Family..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saying good bye..
    [​IMG]

Thanks to A>S>S> Bob, Bob sr., Laura, Mark Ford, John Joyo, Dr. Dan, Jesse J, Cory
    todd, Sean,Magic, Kelly, Chris G, Dreaddybear, Johnny Cola, Alex Gambino, Luke Di Cuircio, Kevin Lee, TUCK, Drew, Steve and the Kontinentals for the whole weekend!!! And MARK SKIPPER FOR THE TRAILER, and anyone else I forgot,,,

It was really to see all my close friends... to many to name but is was awesome to hang with you all.....

Can't wait for Austin!!!! anyone want to rent a midcentury modern house in the 909????

Bye for now..

evel

6. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

awesome piero...
    was great to see you n LW in Austin.

7. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

"Couldnt make it in L.A.":D:D:D Just kidding.
    I heard about your possible move about 4 month ago. Congrats, you guys have a great thing going on at ASS, I'm jealous, and I can't wait to visit Austin again.
    Good luck.

8. eric

eric

i DON'T blame you, this past weekend was my first time in Austin and that little town has ALOT of CHARM, so much so i'm thinking about trying to transfer jobs:D

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Congrats Piero!! Austin looks like an awesome place to live!! Live Wire seems to fit right in there!!

Ian

10. Anderson

Anderson

Retire at 45? Man....thats in like 3 years isn't it??? Hahaha...I heart you Pierro. Welcome to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Well Congratulatioms! We will continue to buy MFS DVD's if you keep making them ;)

12. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Move to Ohio.....we could build real fast HotRods and make snow angels in the snow during the winter months..................Congrats, I had heard the same news.........how did you ever talk your better half into moving...................I am afraid to visit Austin, for I may want to make the move as well.....If I wore a cowboy hat I will appear taller !.......Your going to have way too much fun !!!...........Littleman

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I always knew that you and Bobby would end up together. Ya'll make such an adorable couple.

Dont' forget your bass and your bowling ball. You do bowl, right?

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Evel in chaps.....thats funny........

....umm..maybe not.

15. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Best couple of weeks ever! Lunch was an adventure every day........can't wait till you get back dude. How many vids did you post? My mac will only load up two.

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hahahaha Dave... Evette didn't need any talking into... she's all about getting the fuck out
    of the 909... hahahaha she's already packed,,,

I've been home a day and i already miss Austin...and yes I know about the heat...but
    I'm ready for it,,,, i'll take heat over huge mortgage any day..

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm uploading vids now... about 11??

18. plmczy

plmczy

Hey when you coming back to the hillbilly hills of PA? Good luck with your move. Sounds like Austin is one happening place. later shawn

19. borndead327

borndead327

awesome good move hommie
    i came for the roundup 3yrs ago ad nver left
    glad to have you here

20. completely understand this. i have been thinking about that move myself.

21. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

this is not a rat rod forum - :)

22. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Congrats man, I was all lined up to head to Austin this year too... things just didnt work out this time around for me. Best of luck to you and your family. Hopefully I can sell my place in the next few years and make the move as well..

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Congrats man, you have now got it made

24. missysdad1

missysdad1

Welcome to Tejas, Piero. I moved here from SoCal about 15 years ago and never looked back! California is a nice place to be from...but Texas is home.

25. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Holy crap! Laff my ass off!

26. skullcracker

skullcracker
    from Austin

I already miss your smiling face behind the counter....

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fuck it, I'm moving to San Antonio...

28. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

No shit.......Ozzfest never comes to Austin!

29. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

You guys drive like pussies.

Welcome to Texas, buddy!

30. Glad to hear you're getting out of Cali.
    Did you really have to wait for me to leave to make room.

Next time I'm down I'll take you to the farm where I found Live Wire, maybe you can get some eggs.