Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage <<<<Not just a pretty face. The Hussy does The Roundup!!!>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Apr 21, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Piece of cake Chris, I know you can do it so quit your whinning and start planning. :p

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Although he may need a push truck for that Banger to get over the Rockies!:D

Just kidding, that car is rad I would trade anything of mine for it as it sits right now!

3. HAHAHA! First I need to build a car that'll do 60-70 all day. The banger in the coupe would be suicide!!! Thats the only runnin car I got right now...well have another one on the line but ya'll have to wait for that info ;)

4. That lil car has all kinds of pep now, had it up to 65 no problem and passing cars UP HILL!!!, but 4,000 miles of constant 60MPH with babbits and splash oiling system??? I may be dumb, but not that dumb ;)

Now if I didn't have to work and took 2 weeks each way on the back roads all the way down....would make one heck of a HAMB thread!

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Till August perhaps??? ;)

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Is Chris getting Filthy Olds or what ever you named it?

7. What????

8. Double what????

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I thought you were going to buy the Olds that she found on the way to the Jalopy Showdown last year.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hahahahahaha...Love it...absolutely love it...nothing like a thousand mile "drive" to see if YOUR car is capable of a looo-ooong road trip...and sorry to see that cool Plym take a crap...I'd beat the builder of that tranny with a driveshaft...!!!

I've been driving my rods & kustoms all over this country for the last 35 years going rod running...and if it breaks on the side of the road, you either fix it there, or get it home and MAKE sure it's fixed, properly, so it won't happen again on that next long trip.

Great story...

R-

11. Naw, I got enough on my plate as it is then to have to restore a 40's GM ragtop- NO THANKS! (I mean that with Love Denise)

I am 98% sure I'm buying another car. It has "sentimental value" to me if you know what I mean ;)

My Dad's cleaning house- Oooops, I've said too much :D

12. Deadender60

Deadender60

Thanks.. the night you met me at The Continental Club Gallery.. I had a few Crown & Cokes.. haha...

-Juan

13. 53chevy

53chevy

Great story and pics! It's all about having fun!

Ken

14. It's all fun and games until the fat guy gets stuck playing Bo Duke.:eek:

I'm real glad that everyone has had a laugh at my expense. You'ns all suck!!!:D

Next year bitches.

BloodyKnuckles

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Funny thing is that you only met 2 Iron Lords that are actually from NC. Jeremy is from Ohio, Ron is from Pittsburgh and I am from Buffalo, NY. I think we had a little blood from south of the Mason Dixon all along. We are all pretty different but mesh together really well. I love these dudes and have a great time whenever we are together.

16. Also I forgot to answer the bumpsteer question. The answer is no. It actually has very good steering. The whole trip, with all the bad roads, the car handled incredibly well. Like JJ said it will hop when you hit some of the overly large bumps. But all in all it was awesome to drive. In a pinch it would be good to do a long haul in but by decision I would trailer it for comfort only.

The Plymouth is a great car for long trips. Nice and comfortable. The guy who built the transmission has already said to send it to him but I need to do this one for myself. I need to learn where the wear points of these things are and carry what I would need to so that this doesn't happen again.

I'll keep you posted on what the problem was.

BloodyKnuckles

17. solid

solid

Looked like a fun time. Great pics.

18. Just like everybody else look like you guys had a blast,lonestar will be on my big trip plans next year.

19. next thing you are going to say is its all that power that exploded the tranny - well I think it was the giant belly!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha -

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Dude that car has to at least be running 30-45 horses under that hood. Why do you think that sucker is always popped open at the shows? It's got a three uno intake and it pulls like a Volkswagon!

21. You son of a....

I'm so glad I ran into you on the highway. What crazy timing, huh??

BloodyKnuckles

22. So what are you saying??

BloodyKnuckles

23. Brandi

Brandi

Hmm... I have a guess.

And, if you do decide to drive down, let me know. I'm kinda kicking around that idea myself.

GREAT photos and story!! I love that little T.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am saying it's a plentiful engine that provides more then enough torque to tear the spot welds out of the floor.

On a serious note, I think the tranny is going to show that it was something other then a natural wear to it. Why would it just drop out of the sky like that? It's cool the guy is going to take a look at it if you need him too.

25. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

So Ron those pics of the graceful exit of the car would seem to be the doom of your once promissing NASCAR driving career. I thought Tony Stewart had the title for the most ungainly vehicle exit.......till now.

You should do a tech post for the benefit of those who are contemplating chops.

Some formula regarding belt lenght / window area, factored by necessary speed of egress.

26. Lets do it!

27. Monkeey

Monkeey

Awesome trip with BK and JJ. Hope to be driving down next year instead of flying. Glad they made it home safe and I didn't have to crawl out a window. We probably would've replaced the back glass cus this big fella wouldn't have fit too well after all the great food in Austin.

28. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Your car looks great, nice pix.

29. Justin B

Justin B

nice to meet you guys at reggies bbq, the t looks great in person.

30. Scott K

Scott K

Ron,

That'll teach ya to talk smack about how dependable the Plymouth is (at Reggie's BBQ).......nah probably not.

Scott.