Register now to get rid of these ads!

Arizona HAMB'ers Let's see your ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Section 8, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Sorry, I don't remember faces or names very well.
    I remember cars.

At the cruise on Central in Phoenix, I saw lots of familiar cars and I got to thinking, I recognize cars and that's how I tie them back to your usernames and then to you all. But most of us just have a tiny car picture in our avatar

Yesterday I had a few complete strangers come up and greet me based on their lurking here and seeing my pictures on the HAMB.

I figure if we post our cars then we can actually recognize and greet each other when we meet up.

We're planning on taking the Edsel to the Motorama at the church on Bethany Home on 4/25.

If you see any of these cars around , they've either been stolen or you should say "Hi" to me.

Dennis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my keyword spam: Glendale Peoria Scottsdale Tempe Mesa Tucson Flagstaff Prescott

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Wow! These cars really have hooks, I instantly liked all three as soon as I saw them. The roadster pick up is off the charts cool, and the Edsel wagon purely bitchen! I do not know why, but I love the red-line rubber on the Cragars, and for some reason on this F-100 it is in perfect harmony with the white-walled steelies on the ass end. I never thought of those as possible combinations, however you have made it work nicely my friend. I think it is obvious that you have an eye.

3. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

only owned the 53 for a few months, and havent had her out much.
    [​IMG]

my 68 pickup is now in peices getting the treatment. re doing the top, cleaning, disc brakes, air, new paint, even the doors will open backward........ and it will need a smog test........before its all done.
    [​IMG]

4. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

If you insure your truck with a "collector vehicle" insurance company like Hagerty or Grundy and also get either the copper historical license plates or YOM plates- your truck will be exempt from emissions testing.

I also have 2 post- HAMB oldies that would be swept up in AZ's lame old car emission tests but are exempt. Also Hagerty is insanely cheap- each of the below are insured for $7500 each and cost $37 per YEAR for full coverage!!!

Attached Files:

5. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

Ill look into that...Thanks for the tip......you ever go up to the Safeway on 83rd on Saturday nights?

6. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Any other Arizona HAMBers with cars out there?

7. Low profile here

Attached Files:

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

I'll post mine this weekend. It is getting some rust repair right now and then I am priming it Saturday hopefully. I'll post it's new look then.

9. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

That Edsel is bad ass.
    My 54 Buick
    [​IMG]

My DD 62 F100
    [​IMG]

10. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

See, this is what this thread was supposed to be about!

Theopwk- We must use the same painter. I remember your Buick from Goodguys- it was one of the only cars there with more Arizona patina then mine.

Kerry67- Were you there too- selling stuff in the swap meet? I think I remember seeing your car up there

11. Brian W

Brian W

Here's my pile...

[​IMG]

12. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

Brian W. - Saw that truck @ I.C. goodguys weekend. That thing has the perfect stance.

13. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

mines in too many pieces to post pics of, would take too much server space..lol

39 lasalle opera coupe going taildragger. deciding on whether or not to make it a convertible,.. prolly will tho:D

14. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Here is my econoline. This was the day I pulled it out off the farm. My goal is to be able to take it to the Cruise on Central in the fall.

Attached Files:

15. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Ron-
    Was that the former "227 Bullet" coupe?

16. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

17. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

NTAPHSE-
    Which shortened, channeled, converted from a 4-door Kaiser is yours? There are a whole bunch of them running around here. ;)

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

This is our Burb...

Attached Files:

19. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

Although unfinished at this point, this is the result of several years of hard work part-time. I used a '68 Ford 429 motor and C6 transmission. Rear differential, wheels and brakes from Lincoln Mark V. 1928 Model A radiator shell. Mustang II power rack & pinion steering. Self-designed and built independent front suspension made from 1 1/8" chromoly tubing, Aldan Eagle coilovers. Frame made from scratch using 2" X 6" mild steel tubing. Rear suspension is Ford Satchell-link 4-bar with coils. Body was split down the middle and widened 8" to make the car more comfortable. You can see the width of the addition at the firewall. It was built on a 117" wheelbase so that nothing was cramped up. You can see the space between the front of the motor and the radiator. I left plenty of room for an engine-driven 18", 7-blade OEM fan, viscous drive and shroud so that there would be no cooling problems. A Walker copper/brass radiator was fitted. A 2-gallon Moon tank was planned in front of the radiator to hold an alcohol/water mix for water injection. Had a 15 gallon cell for the rear.

This project started off with a '60 T-Bird 430 MEL motor and a Code RUG Toploader from a '70 Boss 429. I found that a Lakewood FE scattershield would bolt right up the the rear of the MEL motor and mount the trans. A lack of speed parts kept me from using the MEL, so I parted the whole mess out and sold it off.

Had a bolt-on windshield glass/frame from an MGA which was not installed when this picture was taken. This is the only surviving photo of the car, from hundreds I took during the fabrication of the scratch-built IFS, frame and body-widening operations. I guess the rest of them got thrown out in a move to Wisconsin and then back to Arizona. The 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 tubing you see underneath was the structure for the floor. You could sit flat-footed in the car and be comfortable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  20. Brian W

Brian W

Thank you! :)

21. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

My Chevelle is still in recovery from the fire last November........I'll post pics when it's all better again.........probably at least a month.

Kerry, you aren't priming the whole car, are you........I love the patina!

Regarding the plates and smog.........if you are insured on classic coverage, any current plate will do.........my 86 Monte Carlo SS has it's original AZ plate, no smog, two year renewal plate..........I don't have to smog my 71 Chevy 402 pickup any more, either.

22. My newest,debuted @ Del Mar.
    Drivin up to Bako NSRA Thursday morning.

Attached Files:

23. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Deees be me ! Planning on the Bethany Church show on Sat myself.

Attached Files:

24. Here's a pic of my ride.
    [​IMG]

If you see me, be sure to say hi!

25. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

Holey chit that thing is bad. . . . .

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  26. hellboundfive-O

hellboundfive-O
    from AZ

Theopwk, I love your Buick, brother. I think you were out at the nostalgic drags a few weeks ago. That thing is just classic. Plus I dig the open road photo.

Anyway, here is my '50 Pontiac. I didn't have it out on Central, its actually a few months out from being mobile. I will be ready to go by the end of summer.
    [​IMG]

27. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

Here are a couple pics of my 55 wagon. My name is Justin. Say hi if you see me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

Hellbound - Thanks man, always appreciated.
    SneakyTiki - Saw you at Cruisin Mesa, my old lady yelled at me for eyefuckin your car so much. We were pullin out, you were pullin in. That thing is rad.

And if anyone ever needs an extra pair of hands. Hit me up.