Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mothradeath

mothradeath

haha. no, these are the doors that came on it. they are beat like the rest of the van. im not scared to mess with the body im just thinking that for the time it would take to fix these doors verses the $425 the guy wants for good replacement doors the whole way around.......im just going to shell out the cash.
    hellfish-thanx for the info on the wheels.

2. mothradeath

mothradeath

forget about that part...weve been anxiously awaiting an update on that suspension project.;)
    [​IMG]

3. 55X150

55X150

I've seen those wheels on the Crown Vic cop cars 90's and up.

4. Abeblinkin

Abeblinkin
    from Denver

http://www.lowboymotorsports.com/site_3.0/gallery.html

I don't know if this would be of any interest to you guys but I found these pictures showing how these guys dropped this 61 pickup on bags. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on the picture of the black pickup and it will open another album. Found it looking for info on econolines on the web and remembered some guys are looking for info on how to get these real low.

5. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

here it is.
    [​IMG]

6. Good to see you found a window Van, hope to see you at Carlisle, PA Ford show. It's the big Econoline meet for the east coast.

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

The black pick em up is a HAMBers. It's rad. The cragar's are just sooooooooooo right.

8. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

better side view

[​IMG]

9. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Yeah, his screen name on here is erock805. I think thats his screen name anyway. I got to check that truck out while they were doing it. Todd (Mr. Lowboy Motorsports) and Eric are good friends of mine. They did a killer job on it. Came out really good. I really want to have Todd do mine, but i don't have the money right now and frankly Todd hates econolines after working on erics. lol

Someday maybe, who knows.

Later,
    Chad

10. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

11. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

saw this at viva, built by a local high school auto class, would like to have heard it run

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

let's try this again
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. erock805

erock805

Both the shots you put on here are what an econoline looks like with a 5" dropped front axle, and the rear axle flipped over the springs. It was during these to shots, that I decided to really invest, and let Todd work his majic making everything fit. (Its lower bagged) The big problem is the steering arm, and about 4 inches of travel to the radiator. These issues made baggs manditory for me.

The other shots of the truck on myrideisme and lowboymotorsports.com are when its bagged. Any lower in the front and you have some serious scrub line issues along with the tires resting on the floor.

I need to get back to this project, but I got the 34 pu, and some other crap goin on...I wanna see Churchs rollin at the Primer Natts!

14. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Picked it up Friday, made sales calls in it! all the Machine shop guys I deal with LOVED it! Put 125 miles on it....

I NEED FRONT BUCKET SEATS.....HELP

email pic and prices to me at [email protected] or call 513-312-8799 shipping to 45067 Trenton Ohio, or Business address 6899 Steger Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237

new picture;
    [​IMG]

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

I have 1 front seat (passenger side, I think), but I'm not sure what year, but I'm pretty sure it's 61-64. Yes, they ARE different (but very slightly). The 61-64 have more of a straight back, whereas 65-67 are more angled and there is some differences in the legs. Easy to change. Anyway, my spare is stripped of all upholstery. Ms Metal said she MIGHT be interested in it. If you want it, let me know and I'll check with her and get back to you.

16. Van pictures. Chevy is mine , Econoline belongs to a friend. Looking for chevy deluxe sportvan trim and econoline windshield

Attached Files:

17. mothradeath

mothradeath

i am obsessed with this thread. i check it every few hours praying for just one post with something new i can learn about the vehicle i have wanted since i was a kid. i have learned so much from it from links and blogs about the econo showing peoples projects and how they are going to insightful parts scores for things im going to need for my project. this thread has me jonesing to get mine on the road in a bad way. thanks to those who keep me pumped on this project and the links for more info on the obsession.

i have always been a little puzzled by with all the things that are available to buy for these vans and virtually every body panel that rusts available..........i wonder why no replacement front fender section can be found available for purchase?

18. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

If you go to the top of the thread and select thread tools and then subscribe it will let you know when there is a new post. It will send you an email with a link directly to the thread.

19. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Another NE Ohio boy with an Econo! Nice :D I'll have to post a new pick of mine all rattle canned flat black. I'm liking it.

Later, Bill

20. The original mini van (and the VeeDub bus). I drove a early 60's one when I worked at a Grocery store in Kansas for bakery deliveries. Always thought it would be cool to build a mid engined one. Hot Rod did an article on putting a 351 in one back when vans were the rage.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

Aren't they considered "mid-engine" already?
    A 351 will fit, but will be a very tight squeeze. It's easier to fit a 289/302 in there.

22. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Sorry, second time posting. Trying to post bigger pic.

[​IMG]

23. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Crool, The van looks great. They make for awesome advertising vehicles. The vans alone make you stop and look.

later,Bill

24. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Here is my most recent pics with the rattle can flat black. I'm done. :D later, Bill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Kind of. The engine is still over the front axle. I was thinking mid engined along the lines of the Little Red Wagon or a Pantera set-up. A Mopar LHS drivetrain would work too. Maybe even a Rolls Royce Merlin V-12:D

26. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

So all right not an econo but a 67 Dodge A108. I couldn't resist getting in on the forward control action...

Here's the Hamb friendly factor: push truck for drag racing at Vargo Dragway in PA from 1967 until it closed. The old faded sign on the side is the first owner's business: Schwinn Bikes. 318 4 bbbl, thorley headers dual exhaust, no power anything. Death wish, but a blast. Runs all day long, and I've had it over 100. Insane. I must have been high.

Attached Files:

27. automatic

automatic

Nice rides for sure, so much in fact that I bought a 5 window pick up that I get to trailer home on saturday. Just a quick question, since they already sit pretty high, how do you guys lift them?? All the gasser pics that I found appear to be a 2/3" block on the front and a 2" block on the rear?? Thanks and I will post pics.

28. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I added 4" in front and 3" in the rear. Was a chore settin up the steering, sway bar and brake lines. I got the look I was after though.

29. automatic

automatic

^^^^^ that van is great! So you blocked it up?? What did you do to the steering and sway bar?? Also, tinted red lexan or tinted glass on the van??thanks

30. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Blocked for now. Soon I'll rearch the springs. Added 2.5" to the steering arm and 3" to the sway bar links. The windows are sprayed red. Everything I did was for mock up. Now after I've drove it for awhile I'll make everything permanent. Thanks, SAS