Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Englishtown Score!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Piewagn, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Piewagn

Piewagn

Had a pretty good time! We brought our Stingray Krates, and made some pretty good time around the place. I scored a virtually spotless windshield frame for my '31 A project for 50 bucks, and a set of 17" wheels for 100 bucks! I'd say I was fairly successful. Couldn't find rear drums/hubs though, maybe next week at Carlisle.

Attached Files:

2. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Nice! I picked up a taillight and a pair of cowl lights for my 30 Chevy coupe for $10...

How 'bout that 31' Vicky :)

3. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

I was there also.

I scored a set of early corvette valve covers $50.00, steering box $40.00, drive shaft $10.00 and a large Corona umbrella $20.00

All of that and it was 70 deg. and sunny

Gary

4. Piewagn

Piewagn

Sweet deal!! Yeah, the Vicky was sweet!! I saw a set of cowl light for my A for 75 bucks, a little hammered though, so I passed. The only ripoff was 7 bucks for a sausage & pepper sandwich. :rolleyes:

5. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Hmmmm... Wanna make a quick buck :D I was lookin' for a cheap set of them or chrome scripts...:(

6. Piewagn

Piewagn

Nice! Couldn't have asked for better weather. My face, and lips got sun burned! When will I ever learn??? :eek:

7. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

No thanks, I could have sold them 4 or 5 times before I left

Gary

8. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

hope you guys lefts some deals for me when I go tomorrow!

9. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Sorry but everything you wanted is here in Westampton now! LOL

Gary

10. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Well that makes it easier.. Westhampton is only 10 mins away!

11. PA Gas

PA Gas

I also did pretty good on friday. I picked up some Holley 94 carbs, real early M/T sbc valve covers and the deal of the day was a Halibrand V8 quick change rear for only $225. I'm still smiling.

12. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

just got back [4/18/09] had nice weather , but i think that more than 1/2 the spaces were non-auto related .. saw more weadwackers there than sears has -- more fishing poles that opening of trout .. if it an auto swap meet , thats what should be there , or put the mis. stuff in one section
    for the flea market/yard sale people

13. teddyp

teddyp

just got back sold somethings that i had around for years and got some new junk was it just me or was there the most 65 chevy spinner wheel covers i every saw in one plavce there in my life found a old caddy tissues dispencer

14. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

I scored some kool parts for the garage. Overall selling at the swap was down at least 90% less than a normal Spring Swapmeet at E-town.. Weather was killer so were the cars & chicks! Looking forward to Mel's Drive in & Drags - "Motor Speedway" this at Englishtown!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347145

15. Piewagn

Piewagn

Hey, I think I was behind ya when you bought that!! Were you with the wife?? You were pullin' tissues out of it.

16. Piewagn

Piewagn

This I can agree with!! I can understand the vintage Stingray stuff, but friggin' weed whackers, and kitchen appliances????? Come on!! I think some people get a spot for the weekend, just to camp, and party.

17. mottsrods

mottsrods

I wasn't there, but then again, I didn't score anything! You guys did well though.

18. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I hauled a load of junk home; Weber flathead flywheel, a couple N.O.S. Schiefer flywheels and pressure plates, intakes, carbs, etc.....but I'm really pissed that the guy selling the baby blue caskets wasn't there.

19. Spike!

Spike!

Scored an intake for my '35 (SBC), valve covers, tach, some vinyl albums, and a pneumatic bar stool.. chatted with Mel about the new drag strip he's doing there and drooled over his sedan...had a great day!

Spike

20. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

21. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

And these...

Attached Files:

22. pila38

pila38

I have to say... I went looking for parts for my '38 pickup. It was the first time I had been in 10 years, and I was excited as hell to be there. Saw some things I really wanted but didn't have the cash. At the end of the day all I walked away with was a $6 set of pulleys for a SBC. I agree that there was too much non-car junk there and some people only got spots to camp and party. But all in all, I had a great day of scrounging for junk. I just decided I'm going to try to haul my ass out to Carlisle on Saturday if I can. Anybody else?

23. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

A bad day at the swap meet is better than a good day at work!!! Nice scores guys I wish I was closer to go to that one. We have a few here that are really great for finding deals at, but being retired has its advantages.... you can go on a Wednesday or Thursday and make out like a bandit!!

24. banjorear

banjorear

Really? Good for you. I haven't been to E-town for 20 years. I need to start going. Sounds like some of you flathead guys made out alright. Good luck and maybe I'll see you there next year.

25. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

I haven't been there in along time myself.Don't miss it either.Yesterday,I spent the day looking at Classics.The local region of the CCCA had their meet.All of the cars were Pebble Beach quality.

26. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Too many people there smelled like cabbage

27. teddyp

teddyp

i found it on the pits side with a 65 caddy clock last few years the meet seem to be getting better but like someone elise said a lot of camper,s with junk but i always find parts i,m glad a lot of people bad mouth it it leaves more parts for those who love the hunt :D

28. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Did anyone see the dude who was driving around in the motorized recliner chair?

Or the vendors that were jamming out heavy metal songs on guitar, bass and vocals? The hillbilly singer was phenomenal.

Or the two picnic cooler scooter guys crashing into each other?

I was having mucho fun snapping phone pics of all the insanity.
    What a friggin freak show that place is sometimes!

29. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Also small hands!

Gary

30. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

alot of junk there, i was able to score a cal custom air clean for a 97 and a 32 grill shell and insert and thats about all.