Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please don't be jealous...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pila38, Apr 17, 2009.

1. pila38

pila38

...of my HUGE garage!
    After starting my project 10 years ago, and then going to college, and then having no garage, I finally have a home for my '38 chevy pickup! I'm sure that some of you have no idea what this means to me, but others know what it's like to have your car languish in hell and rot away while you wait for that moment that you know you can finally begin your project. I would have had the pics up two days ago, but got into doing work too much to care about this website!:D I started this thread with the hopes of keeping you all in touch with my project and showing you pics of what I'm doing so that you can help when I screw up!
    My plans are to make my truck a true gasser style pickup, so any input is appreciated. I know all of you are very supportive to HAMB members and definitely in putting a safe vehicle on the road, so please speak up if something looks f#%@ed up.
    Sorry for the long post, but I've been waiting to this for a long time!
    P.S. that is my wife wearing my welding helmet. Damn that was hot!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. pila38

pila38

Sorry, all the pics didn't show up. I'll try harder this time!

Attached Files:

3. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Screw your garage, I wanna see your wife.:D

4. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Having a place to play is a wonderful thing.

I would suggest moving everything you can off of the floor onto heavy duty shelves close to the ceiling...compressor etc.

Also I would ditch the wooden work bench and make a work bench on wheels.

That would free up alot of room.

Gary

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks to be, a bit more than twice as big as mine. And you don't have to move stuff around to be able to work on something.

6. You do know we have a sister site owned by Ryan for garages? www.garagejournal.com

Amazing Message board for everything dealing with our man caves! Feel free to post it up there.

7. pila38

pila38

Sorry... wasn't so much about my garage than the fact I finally get to work on my ride!:)

8. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Good luck on your build,keep us posted.

9. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Gee, would you share your garage???
    I don't even have one!!!! DOH!

1shot

10. pila38

pila38

Hell... anytime you need to use my garage your welcome... but you are a little far away!:D

11. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Hotdamn!
    Ehhh, i'll just be sure to bring plenty of money, pick me a "pushable" project and push it out to Jersey! lmao.
    I need to exercise anyway lol. :D

12. Congratulations! Yeah, it is a big deal when you finally get some space to work on your cars. I remember the days of having to work on my cars in the street or in parking lots, and how great it was to finally have a garage! It's definitely a thing to celebrate!

Good luck with your project.

13. Roughshod Rod

Roughshod Rod

I borrow the inlaws' - but I had to clean the dump first. The good thing is that I have an excuse to f*** off to the garage when the old battle axe starts yammering. She sometimes cooks me dinner too...
    Bad thing is I can't be there late - or get hammered with buddys.

Took me about 80 hours to clean it and hazmat the mouseshit and water damage mold.

Damn do I love it...

14. woody2

woody2

Congratulations man, This sounds like a cool build too. Keep us posted.

15. poorboy

poorboy

congrats! im waiting for the day when i can stop using my dad's garage. im sure he is too!!

16. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

[​IMG]
    this is what i have to work with, or the driveway, so i compleatly understand how you feel having a place.
    when i can get one of my cars to shop class or my buddies 30 X 40, its a wonderous thing.

17. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Least you have a clean workable space. I got a 2.5 car garage but to many tools!

18. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Where in Edison are you? I'm in South Plainfield, not far over the north Edison border

Congrats on finally getting to your project. I'll finally be able to do the same in about a month, can't wait!

19. Piewagn

Piewagn

Way to go on the garage man!!! I know what it's like. I waited forever to get mine built!

Attached Files:

20. Ya, I sometimes make my wife wear a helmet too.........................

21. jerseymike

jerseymike

could never figure out why people store boats in garages out of the rain. aren't boats waterproof?

22. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Congrats on the shop. A nice work space of your own will take your project to the next level. I highly suggest adding a heater this summer, and you'll be wrenching away over the winter months. Enjoy! Ditto on www.garagejournal.com Lots of great info over there.

23. Screw your garage !!! It aint the size that matters but it's the shit that a man has parked in his Club-House that counts !! >>>>.

Attached Files:

24. pila38

pila38

I'm over in the Clara Barton section of Edison, off of Amboy Ave. I'm finding out there's a lot of people on the HAMB from around this area.