Register now to get rid of these ads!

Live from the Lone Star Round Up!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Von Franco

Von Franco

This is one of the best ones ,was abel to hang out with friends watch the mini bike
    mayhem while a cool ass band play while they were racing around.All the bands were great the cars that did come out was cool as all hell.Got my new alliance tag watch Ryan bust his ass making it. And tomorrow will only be cooler................

2. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

So Mr. Vaughn was the special guest at 4:00?

Wife and I left around 3:30.....Damn!

Back again tomorrow w/ the kiddos.

F*$! the rain

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

You suckas that are scared of a little rain missed a great time. Tomorrow promises to be just as wet and just as fun.

JLV is the coolest mf'er around, but that's not exactly a news flash. He darn near invented cool.

Tbird and the Breaks ruled the schoolyard.

4. It was cool. Didn't take many pic's of cars just because most of the good ones are familiar to H.A.M.B' ers already. But, I will be back on Sat to shoot the good stuff and post them later in the evening.

The smell of exhaust & BBQ wafting through the open air pavilion was killer...

Weather tomorrow is looking a little better also.

Edit: Weather looks iffy again but I'm goin for it on Sat. Will shoot pic's.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  5. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

With keybords, horn section and Lou Ann Barton singing some serious blues. Not to rub it in. Just know in the future, when El Jefe says "special guest", he's not messin' around!

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I was rantin' and ravin' about how bad ass Jimmy is. My guitar hero! Saw him host a Blues tribute in Chicago for their home town legend. Ya know.. Then, My kid made me cry. He hands me JV's autograph made out to me on a simple paper napkin. Damn!

Love Round Up! MY FAVORITE WEEKEND ALL YEAR! No rain on my parade.

Got my whole crew down there. Mrs., Mari, Marcus and my buds. Scored a set of 34 plymouth wheels for my car! Awesome day. Can't wait for tomorrow. If you ain't there, you're nowhere!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  7. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

I really liked the smaller show feel of everyone under the same tent...nice cars and great folks out today...tomorrow is gonna be fun too!

8. chrislehr

chrislehr
    from Austin, TX

Very nice show so far... rolled around a bit earlier, and likely will again tomorrw......

I have to admit though, what a RACKET on beverages there. I got a small gatorade and a large soda for 9 bucks. Yikes. I was gonna tip, but handing me back 1 buck didnt help. :eek:

9. Brandi

Brandi

That's RAD.

I'm not sure what I'm more jealous about now... missing a kick ass event or missing Jimmy Vaughn!!!

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

82 and sunny here in the Valley.......but I am not in Austin and I wish I was......sucks.

11. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

Not gonna be there in person but just listened to SRV's Texas Flood CD to be there in spirit. Hope tomorrow brings sunny skies for y'all.

12. RAY With

RAY With

Well wet or not we had a great time and took many pictures all day Friday. We visited the Austin speed shop and spent an hour taking pictures and talking to some of the staff and this is a must see. Make time in your schedule to go by and take a look. We will head out to the Round up around 11:00am and start another day of car looking. Plenty of room and plenty to see and do.

13. ricofan68

ricofan68
    from Austin, TX

It rained but did not keep me away, good show!!!! Will be there tomorrow rain or shine.

14. Drove all day....much of it in the rain with a largely untested car. Arrived just in time to hear JV announced. Texted my wife to tell her he was playing......she said something about me being a booger. LOL. Glad we made it and had a good afternoon in the barn. Looking forward to tomorrow rain or not......first round up with a car here. A little liquid sunshine never hurt anyone. :D

15. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Without pics there's no proof anything ever happened :p

It's sunny in Beverly Hills...

16. Just like that moon landing thing. :rolleyes:
    sounds like fun. i wanna make it next year. :)

17. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Congress ruled. If you weren't at the Trophy Club, you may as well not have been there at all. So far, awesome!

18. Elrod

Elrod

Dude! Get off the computer and go to bed! We got a full day tomorrow!

By the way, How the hell are you ON the computer. I just went to the lobby and you weren't there! :D

19. VonKool13

VonKool13

The Round Up is on my list when I finish my RPU!! I need a damn Y-Block, someone in HAMB land Hook a brother up!!

20. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Got drenched filling the cooler full of Lone Star in the back of Corey's '40 Ford at the licka' sto'!

Where else can you hang with your friends, see bitchin' cars, AND see Jimmy Vaughn and Lou Ann Barton for ten bucks!!! Proud of the Lone Star state and the Kontinentals for putting on such a kickass event, RAIN OR SHINE!!

Lived in Austin for 20+ years and we are lucky to have an event like this in our city. Viva la Roundup!

21. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Go get a 1-wire alternator till you get home. Attach it to bypass the regulator.

22. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I'm in your room on your laptop, under your sheets... :D

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yup!:(

24. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Amen, brother.

25. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How is it looking out there??

26. sun down

sun down
    from tx

I arrived yesterday Morning about 9:30 from Mesquite and had a great time, rain or no rain..
    I will remember next yr to bring a pair of extra socks..I left late Friday so I had on what I came with....my entire body was wet.

I could only spend yesterday and drove thru a lot of rain but it was well worth the trip.. I did see peckerhead there with his two rides.... both looking cool..also met up with another guy that I had not met before,just knew him from another site, he was a no hamb guy but I think after seeing the show for the first time h e might be one now... He lives in the Austin area..

The rod ran great, just dealing with some annoying truckers was a bigger pain then the rain.

I have a link to some pix, not real good I might add, it was sort of dark under cover but I tried.. Temper Mental believes that some of our pix taking suck..lol........I will agree, I am one of them

the band was great, entertainment was great and the folks super nice.
    see ya next yr.. thanks for all those that help put on this great event.

http://picasaweb.google.com/52streetrod/2009Austin#

hope to see soon in a local meet soon
    Fred

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  27. You DIDN'T go with Denise?:confused:

28. RAY With

RAY With

Fur we still have light rain but plenty of covered space at the site. Got about 300 pictures yesterday and didnt get it all covered so this am we will hit it again and should be able to finish the pictures for posting Sunday evening. If your not here your not any where--:O)

29. pacemaker

pacemaker

It's clearing in Elgin. 20 miles east. I'm calling it a beautiful day for the Round Up.

30. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks sun down for the pix they make it look like this one was the perfect show, small with serious people.....if I could only quit workin............