Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Wed Hot Rod nite is back at Bubbas!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Cool projects, guys... Great to see everything coming together!!

Malcolm

2. camargma

camargma

that valiant sure is looking pretty :)
    and the shop looks great.. I cant wait to come crash it sometime! hehe. :D

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Holy shit i counted 26 guys there last night , many projects going on at the same time !!

[​IMG]

Bubbas recipe of the month. Slice 8 cans of spam, kinda thin. Pour in three bottles of "bubbas hot sauce" and grill.. And eat it up !!:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Body is in the booth at Big D,s. Ready for primer .....

4. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

nice man keep up the pics!

5. old_skool_1953

old_skool_1953

This is a great thread. It is nice to see someone local getting something done.

6. Meyer

Meyer

7. More Pics from WED NIGHT..
    After we "WOOFED" out Spam Smammies...we got down to business..
    [​IMG]

We had some vistors from the South Side...
    [​IMG]
    Nice stance..

[​IMG]

Got into a discussion on shock placement....
    [​IMG]

Dodgeman 33 showed up with Sauve's Cooler...
    It that Kool or WHAT..
    [​IMG]

A quick review of the body...
    [​IMG]

OK, Now enough people have show up, we can load the body for the trip to "Big D's"..

[​IMG]

WOW, are they moving fast or what?
    [​IMG]

Down the road it goes...
    [​IMG]

OK< It's up to "The_Roach" to do his "thing"...

[​IMG]

8. In Case you come Sat....to the ISRA and BUBBAS HOT ROD SHOP Open House..
    Look for the cool sign..

[​IMG]

9. I love the Wednesday night updates...you guys are awesome...makes me want to move back to Indiana...kinda...sorta...well at least I can visit my Dad there...you are gonna have to publish a BUBBA-QUE cookbook

10. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Wow - looking GREAT!

[​IMG]

11. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Some time ago we started another hot rod roadster at the old shop based on some spare parts and a Hilborn Injection discussion.
    The wed night crew basically wanted something to do and i had a 39 Ford front axle, a old T kit frame and a S10 rear axle with disc brakes etc.
    The chevy engine was all new and running on our test stand with a quadrajet etc. The engine is a 4 bolt, big valve 350 all new build. Has the 350 HP Camshaft in it and has some lump at idle ( perfect).
    The bare frame start up is somewhere in our wed night threads.
    The car has been behind the scenes at a friends shop getting some welding done and we have installed the engine ( as we needed the engine stand for the Carbon Guys latest T build.
    Some more pics from our open house Sat.

[​IMG]

You know its just as easy ( mayber easier) to miss the look as build in the look , however i think we may have hit it on this car . What do you think??? Stance, engine etc....
    It will be called the " Krylon 2" and use a 1920 Dodge roadster like our other car with slant six engine etc.

[​IMG]

39 Ford front axle with wide five wheels and Coker comp tires ( all traded for items etc) A T spring ( because we had a good one).

[​IMG]

The "look" for a engine for sure. Early vette covers, a flat cap mallory ( restored at Bubbas) and small tube Hilborn fuel injection.
    Plans are to street the Hilborn and engine will be removed and taken to the engine dyno to tune and fire up on gasoline.

Stay tuned for this project for sure........

12. Can't wait to smell the burning rubber on this one in the parking lot. :D

Those tires are way too nice for burnouts in that car. They should be used on another certain Dodge roadster... :D

13. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Wed update:

Another good night with a snag or two. ( Ya gotta have snags they are built in :D)
    Lindross got the wiring mounted and ran for the lights, made a harness to allow the body to be pluged in and out for removal and mounted the fuel line and battery cables to the frame...

[​IMG]

Grumpy ( WallY) has the brakes and lines about 90% done and looking well !!! Hes our braking engineer!!:eek::cool::D

Engine and trans are in ( trans in and out a few times ) with a snag in the hyd throwout bearing. Quarter master told us today we need a 1/4 inch rear motor plate to make it work with present combo. Will pick one up and install sat. We trial fit this afternoon with 1/4 spacers and that fixes the set up problem. Snag gone !!

[​IMG]

Engine has been ran on test stand and adjusted , sounds good and doesnt seem to overheat or leak..one step forward !!!:eek:

Mustang radiator ( per hamb tip) is gonna fit perfectly and the Roo Man massaged the radiator shell with some mounts and a front mesh...

[​IMG]

Big D has the body and we will get some pics up from there as soon as possible.

Gettin it done ....
    Special thanks to all the crew ( Over 20 guys last night), Culbertsons Customs, Roo Man Fab, Tuck Jones Machine,Indy Powder Coating, Darryls Automotive and of course Bubbas Hot Rod Shop. Cant make this stuff happen this fast without LOTS of help and cooperation.
    Thanks to ALL !!!

14. Chris C.

Chris C.
    from Indy

It was nice meeting y'all and thanks bubba for showing me all the sweeney mechanics school stuff which was cool. It was fun just to jump in and start helping out, see you all next week. Looks like the weather will be kinda nice I'll bring out my toy and show you guys what I built.

15. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

Thanks to all who came out Wensday night and helped out. There is a lot of progress
    every time we meet. The car is coming together really nice, I am amazed every time we work on this project.

I took a ride out Big D's today and saw the body, and was coming along pretty good. It should see some primer on it maybe Friday afternoon, with paint by Monday.

Saturday project is to get the bell housing spaced back a 1/4" and plumb the clutch lines, find a pully for the alt set up, and finish mounting the radiator.

Saturday is supose to be a nice day, weather is gittin' nice out, and I can't wait to take the T out when it's done.

See ya Saturday

16. Mac the Yankee: That's a great clip...

We should make a Spam Can Roadster,,,,

17. Chris C.

Chris C.
    from Indy

But build it like a belly tanker, I bet one of render artist hear on the hamb could whip one up pretty easily.

18. noodle9000

noodle9000

Good to meet you too Chris. Glad you could make it out.

19. Chris C.

Chris C.
    from Indy

Nice meeting you to Noodles.

Next wednesday I'll bring in a blue print of the spam belly tanker.

Was busy all day drove up to valpo to pickup a car for a friend. Which I enjoy doing cause I get to run backroads and look in farmers backyards. I thought I saw somthing sitting in a scrap pile next to demolished barn. Going back tomorrow with a longer lens to see I can get a better look. It looks like 20 or 30's ford coupe body sitting with a bunch of misc. stuff. There was a stake truck full of other metal junk nearby. If I didn't have to have his car back in the city by 3:00 pm I would of stopped.

20. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Well we had one hell of a saturday for sure. I had hot rod breakfast with El Tom-o and the Cooper boys ( Dustin came for the free breakfast i promised him after the drive to Vegas and back :D)
    Got to the shop and Craig was there right away ready to get er done.
    The snag with the hydraulkic throw bearing required and 1/4 inch spacer plate ( Craig made this one yesterday afternoon) . Had to change the pilot bearing to a bushing to fit up the space change. Got er buttoned up. Braided lines and bled , seems to work like a champ.

[​IMG]

Timmy came by and we blasted his ole truck drums and turned them.. Good shpe now !!
    [​IMG]

John made up body spacers out of some foam tape for all the body tabs, and finished painting all Walts brake lines etc .

[​IMG]

Lindross got some more wiring done. Looks like when we get the body back the engine and lights will be running and done. The body will be a plug and play.....

[​IMG]

Jacob is getting his mini tuned for the Rust Revival ???:eek::eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We squeezed out a quadrajet rebuild for the Suave roadster, runs better ........

And i finished two Du Coil conversions for a hamb-er. Flathead at that !!!!

[​IMG]

And just to be honest i think we were all pretty damn tired at days end.....Miller Time..........:eek::D:cool::cool:

[​IMG]

Gettin er done !!!!!!!!!! Should fire up and run wed ????

21. Darn guy's you done goooood...

22. OK WED NIGHT Update,,(OK it's Thursday Morn.,,,,)
    Here are a few from last night,,,
    (OFF COURSE ALL ARE HERE http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/tierod_bill/Carbonguys%2027%20T/

When I got there Walt..was reviewing the break lines in ready for bleeding..

[​IMG]

When a few more of the gang showed up, we made a bonzi run to pick up the body.

"Big D" got it ready for primer..Looks Good...

[​IMG]

RooMan go busy fixing the cleareance issue between the Rear Plug and the Stearing Box..
    [​IMG]

As more of the crew showed up, we had to give our regards to the loss of Timmy's Lowrider Buick,,,and wish him well on the new Pick-im-up he just started...
    [​IMG]

I had to bail out early, because of a early morning trip...
    Hope they had a good night...

23. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Another good night !! Got a lot done and thanks Bill for the pics ......keep it up and we will renew your contract......:eek::eek::D
    The T is actaully to a position where you could ( if ya really needed to) drive it around the building, stop it with the brake petal and shift the transmission etc. Radiator mount is finished and 85% of the wiring is done.
    Hit a slight bump in the road last night with the paint but a fairly easy one to overcome and still stay on schedule. The body was picked up at Big D's ( for some reason he couldnt finish it) and it will leave here again on a trailer to be final finished and painted next week. While the body is being attended to the Roo Man is welding up the headers and really the car oufht to be able to be driven in a couple weeks. So far so good.
    We will not work this sat as i have classes in Canada and wont be back until sunday night.
    Project is still ahead of schedule !!:eek::cool::cool::D

24. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for the help last night. We had a big change of plans with our body man, or should I say a big let down, oh well, we'll move on to a better plan. I think this is a blessing in a way, it will go to a proper body shop and get done. Now that we have the body back and on the chassis, it will go to Rooman for the weekend, and get some fab work done. I plan on getting the headers made along with the steering drop worked out. I think when the car goes back to Bubba's for next Wensday, we should have most of everything done to maybe do a test run:). What started out as being a crappy day, ended on a positive note with a lot of progress on the car again. Plus, the Noodle came through with ice cold Killians.

Attached Files:

25. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

Update, we have primer. The body got some primer on it today. I was on my way out to Brownsburg today to drop off the car at Roomans to start on some fabrication this weekend. I needed to see a friend of mine at his shop, he wanted to check out the car along with a painter that has a shop in the same complex. As we were talking about the car, one thing led to another and, we pulled the body off and rolled it in to the paint booth.
    The body had some bare metal spots along with some body filler, so we got everything covered and protected inside and out. The paint shop dose a lot of the Indy Car and AMLS race cars, and booth was empty today, so we got it in there and out in about 3 hours. So Saturday will be fabrication day; headers, new trunk lid, fit the radiator, steering collum, and battery box. We are getting close

Attached Files:

26. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

SWEET!!!

Glad to hear, she's looking great!!!

27. Chris C.

Chris C.
    from Indy

Wow things are starting to turn in your favor. Thats very cool.

28. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Craig, is that Carry spraying the primer? Glad to see it getting taken care of. Looks great.