Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA 30 years old and older - Merged

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paintcan54, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

This move (can NSRA really be that dumb?) could pretty much destroy what little credibility they have left. They were the leader only when there was no competition. They have been trying to play catch-up ever since Meadors offered an alternative in the 80's.

A desperate move by desperate promoters.

2. its called the round-up

3. I just figure sales are down on Walker raidatiors

4. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

It's always about the money................once the NSRA put the nats in the same city for 10 years running they defeated the idea of it moving around the country which was how it was supposed to be. As far as letting newer cars in, I think they are de-grading themselves but I'm sure that Goodguys is kicking there butts. Don't care ain't going to either one of them (Goodguys or NSRA)

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

32 Fords are sooooo yesterday....

[​IMG]

Let's get with the times man....

[​IMG]

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've been an NSRA vendor at about 6-7 shows a year for the last 15 years. My shop caters to the 28-48 Ford crowd. I'm getting older and this move will really make me rethink whether I will be giving them my hard earned ad dollars. They tryed the late model venue at a couple of places and I don't believe it was successful. I can see opening it up to later years, but 1980 is just plain stupid.

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

So, to be clear ..
    Its ok for many of you if the car is say a fiberglass 32 that was made in 1999 to show up at NSRA shows but, not a 57 Chevy ?

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Big Dad: I think the majority of us ole codgers are ready for a change in the cutoff date, it's that maybe such a drastic change has startled most of us.

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Maybe if they'd set it pre-65, like BTTF does, it would be tolerable. I don't mind the 50's and early 60's stuff, but I really don't want to go to a "street rod" show and see muscle cars and 70's crap.

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

11. Big Dad

Big Dad

I hear yah but, the truth is I see those ugly melted looking 37 Fords rolling into all the shows ( built in 2007 or 2008) no body pitches a fit about that
    or 1000's of glass 32's or .. ?

But, try to roll in with (insert car here ) ..whoa,whoa ..were you going with that , too new buddy ..

12. pinman 39

pinman 39

Hey ! Won't it be funny to watch those" NSRA" saftey inspection teams inspecting
    the 1975 Chevy Monza ! Just for you Monza John !

Yep Ron, I will sign off on this one give him the 23 pin !

13. I hate change but , can't stop it maybe this is a good thing, and the people will return to supporting local clubs and rod runs if they choose to. Size of the even as we all know does not mean "Jack" I
    Cut off around 65,66 would work for me... I guess for the same reasons I like a cut off at the old time drags... I don't want to see nor race against new comp style cars,with throttle stops and delay boxes.... just my 2 cents

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Up to '72 would be one thing, and I can respect that as a business decision.

Up to '80 is ridiculous. I'd rather look at 100 fiberglass deuce roadsters than have to see Pintos, Vegas and Aspens, Luvs and Couriers at a "Street Rod" show. As was said, it won't be any different than any annual local car show where they let anything and everything in.

They must be thinking "Goodguys is successful and they allow up to '72. We'll allow up to '80 and get lots more cars!" Oh brother...

Street Rod Nationals "plus" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Give NSRA what they want, show up in the bigest pile of shit that is 30 years old, school bus, semi, whatever.

16. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Another "wi$e" move by the $treet rodding folks at N$RA...

17. moparron426

moparron426

I also think that its the 30 year thing that is not good, fine open it up to 74 and older, that way you can get the muscle cars and 50 stuff to and that is more along the lines of what the goodguys has at most of their events.
    but going up to 1980 I think is a little extreme :confused: :( Ron...

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this sounds like a great idea to me. my street machine motorhome is a 1978. I'll put some moon discs on it, find a good power parking spot next to an electrical outlet and sit in it all day with the air conditioning on watching all the cool cars go by.

par-dee

19. Big Dad

Big Dad

best protest is to stay away ...

20. Yeah, it was those goofy ass jap new car headlights on all the fat fendered cars that started this! Oooppss, I better step back in the crowd....:eek::eek:

21. I'm looking at the deal like what happens around here. Our local shows usually have an abundance of shoebox and muscle cars. Maybe 1/4 street rod. Within that 1/4, very few could be considered traditional rods.
    Like Mike Britton just said, I walk by most of the muscle cars too. Once in a while one will really catch my interest.
    I could about foresee an NSRA meet being overtaken by musclecars because the production numbers on the cutoff age is so large. I'd guess there were more 70 Malibu's and Chevelles made than the '32 Ford entire production run.

22. Don't know why all this pissing and moaning, you guys don't associate with gold chainers and billet anyway!!

23. bigbal

bigbal

NSRA has had declining numbers for the last 5 years. Just their way of bringing in more cars and members.

24. Choptop

Choptop

www.ConcoursdLeMons.com

25. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I'm sure we could have fun with that.

26. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I"m pretty sure Bruce has earned the right to joke around on here for whatever the reason is, it's not often you get a guy that has most likely helped literally 1000's of Hambers out.

27. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

So you think I can sneak my 82 Concord in if I put a Hornet grille in it?

28. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

It's ok, between emissions restrictions and gas wars they didn't hardly make shit worth having between 70 and 80 so it's all rusted away by now, nobody saved anything. :D

Unless they are letting in drag vans decked with shag.

29. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Ahhhhhh, pussbuckets...I KNEW I shoulda kept my Citation...:mad:

30. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Half the fuckin' cars now are fiberglass "kit cars." I've never cared for the NSRA but I agree, it's a BAD idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.