Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamber's stranded in Gallup, New Mexico

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

hell i put a new motor in before the trip last year hahaha soo i think that still counts

2. RichG

RichG

I'm glad to hear they're back on the road and making progress. Stay on their butts though, it sounds like maybe they think they're invincible, driving too far in one shot after all that stress and what-not. Put down the thumb dad and make sure those boys get some rest!:D

As for Gallup, well, it's been going downhill ever since they closed all the drive through liquor stores...

3. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I live in Rolla, Mo. that's 1/2 way betwween Springfield and St. Louis and right on I-44. The weather is great here today. If these guys need anything have them call me (c) 573-201-5432. I'm also in the NSRA "fellow pages". I'm 2 miles from the LUV's truckstop at mile marker 189. Sam

4. 1:00pm UPDATE

Boys are getting off the highway at Clinton, OK to stop and see the Route 66 Muesum.

they are in good spirits after a good nights rest and said the RPU and the ol' Desoto are both doing really good.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Just got off the phone with Dustin. They are in Clinton Oklahoma at the Route 66 Museum.
    Things are looking good.

6. Goose

Goose

I fully expect them to be in Indy tomorrow sometime. Looks like all the troubles are behind them it and it will be clear sailing for the rest of the trip. I am not sure which was harder on them, the trip home or the 4 days in Vegas. We had a lot of fun in Vegas!!

7. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

No!!!! One can't help it, he takes after his father. :D:rolleyes::p

8. Suit

Suit

I leave my office at 5 Central. If they want to stop in Joplin for the night I'll comp the room at the Holiday Inn...
    417-627-7802

9. UPDATE 5:40 EST

Just talked to Dustin. They are 60 miles west of Tulsa.
    Said the Route 66 Muesum was pretty cool.
    Cars are still holding together.

Rob, I think they are still trying to make up for lost time. They are talking about going as far as Rolla before packing it in for the night. Dustin said they also want to take advantage of some evening/night time driving.

Thanks so much for your offer and hope to meet you during the HAMB Drags.

John

Thanks,

10. Suit

Suit

No problem. Glad to hear they're safely cruising along. Looking forward to meeting you too!

11. oneshotkustoms

oneshotkustoms
    from joliet il

Just got off the phone with Dustin and It sounds like they are having way too much fun !!!!!!! These two guys are great friends of my wife and I ,, and we had a blast with them in vegas ,,, These two are what hot roddin is all about !!!!! good luck guys see ya may 2nd !

Attached Files:

12. 8:00pm UPDATE

30 miles west of the Missouri state line and heading east

8:30pm UPDATE

Dustin called and they had just stopped for fuel, got ready to leave and the starter snout broke allowing the starter to over shoot the flexplate jambing the starter in run mode. turned the key off and the car or starter won't stop!!!
    I guess things got pretty warm before they were able to get the battery cable off. All is well, no fire. Don't think it hurt the flexplate.

On the way to the parts store to get another starter before it closes.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  13. me too

14. Go boys go!! The power of the HAMB is awesome in helping a couple kids find their way back to Indy on the trip of a lifetime. :)

15. AmandaSue

AmandaSue
    from Indy

I'm not gonna say anything that might risk my "daughter of the year" award...but I will say that I agree with you. :D

16. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

its is a trip of a lifetime, they will never forget, just head east....:)

17. paintcan54

paintcan54

Man is that some luck, if it wasn't for bad luck them boys wouldn't have any luck at all. But what a story they will have when it's all done. I wish them a safe trip home, and no more bad luck.
    Fred C.

18. 11:05pm UPDATE

Mikes car will like new when they get back. (lol)

So far the guys are taking all of this in stride. Other than all the normal shit you run into installing a remanufactured starter, it now starts again.

They are eastbound and down once again.

Plans are still to stop someplace close to just east of Springfield.

Tomorrow, it is the home stretch. We will all be so glad to see them!!!

You can't keep a good Road Rocket down

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

God dang, this is exciting...well, in a way. We're all routing for them.

20. Diavolo

Diavolo

I just came across this thread and I would have totally been willing to give any assistance at all.

Hmmm

As a suggestion to the HAMB, since we frequently like to travel in our rides, maybe a database section by state for us? I would happily offer anything I could, which currently would just be getting a uhaul car hauler and dragging someone to town and maybe a place to sleep.

If there was a way to secure my phone # without just anyone getting it, I would post that for HAMBers to call in an emergency near albuquerque...

21. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

A virtual road trip! I've taken this route in my travels, its like going with them. Even broke down out there... This is so cool.

22. Oh yeah,fair play to all who generously gave help,are they now honourary Road Rockets,any pictures of the rods?happy landings

23. way better than any reality tv show!

24. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

I hope they have truoble free day today heading home. This sounds like it could be neat movie???

25. Boys are in Lebanon, MO. hopefully still asleep getting some well deserved rest.
    Got the call about 2:45am this morning.
    That was their goal right before the starter let go.
    Just 4 hours later than planned.

This is basically the home stretch for them.
    I told Dustin last night that I-70 eastbound from lebanon to Indy runs downhill.

26. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Good to hear all is going well again. Thanks for posting the updates, it has been allot of fun to track their progress and hear them overcoming the problems. Thanks John!

27. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Thamesvan.....here's a quick pic...

[​IMG]

28. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

...another one. Thanks Ms Metal for lending the pics. :)

[​IMG]

29. :DI like that - spin the wheel of luck - how far can you go before the next adventure sets in? I don't think I would want to be a contestant though....

30. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

These guys are badass!!! I just wasted, but enjoyed the last 20 minutes reading all pages and wow!! Cant wait to see pics from the road I hope they had a camera... I would have packed up and towed a long time ago!!