Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA 30 years old and older - Merged

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paintcan54, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AND THIS MAKES THEM DIFFERENT THAN GOODGUYS HOW???? This may not be a bad deal,when i joined NSRA it was the cars had to be about 30 years old (1976) its about filling a venue and makin bucks hell its workin for Meadors,besides I live on the west coast and NSRA could give a shit about the western US......still dig the monthly mag just for the cars for sale,even though its nothing like GG Gazzatte thanks to guys like Kirk (good shot of the car on Livin the Low Life Kirk).......I doubt this will have a negitive affect on events...........if you dont llike it dont go.anybody else remember their VAN & STREET MACHINE DIVISION?

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Yahoo....finally someone's realized that there's a big fan base for Gremlins, Bobcats, Pacers, and Hornets. I'd say they're going to double their attendance, but I'll have to subtract ONE for myself - no way this works for me....I like HAMB's cutoff, and I think 1972 ought to be the absolute limit for any 'street rod/hot rod' event. This is why NSRA is failing and GG is doing well.

dj

3. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Awww... bastard liar I bought it from told me it was a 79!

4. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I encourage all HAMB members who are disappointed with NSRA decision to allow any vehicle 30 year old to enter their events to call 1-901-4030 ask for Mr. Bugg

5. Just bolt a '79 Rabbit front end to it, the guy at the gate will never know.

I guess the guy's who used to sneek in their '54 Chevy trucks will all have to buy '82 Chevy trucks to sneek in now.

6. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

This is some funny shit.

7. Remember in the mid-'80s why Goodguys started? Meadors was a NSRA rep that was fed up with the BS about not allowing the rod'n'custom crowd with post-'48s into NSRA events, and smart enough to see an unmet demand (i.e. a business opportunity) to tap into. Fast-forward a quarter century and look who's smiling now? Heaven help us, though, if GG follows suit by opening all of their events to 30-and-older.

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

GG is up to 72.

I can deal with that, I'd rather it be pre 65, but oh well.

In four years, I'll be able to take my Tempo !

[​IMG]

9. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Wear can I get those flame decals so I can make my Pacer look like the one in Wayne's World

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

The NSRA East here in York Pa. still has the pre 49 rule !

11. Not in 2010. They are changing all events. Call them now and let them hear your voice.

12. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

not in 2010!!

13. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Is this part of the "Stimulus Package"?

14. alleyoop392

alleyoop392

They need the $$ .........Goodguys are kicking their ass

15. That piece of shit Street Scene magazine showing up every month was reason enough for me to not join a second time. NSRA sucks.

They consistently stay 15 years behind the current trends. The hobby passed by them years ago.

JH

16. pinman 39

pinman 39

I should have never sold my Pinto .

17. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I'd be interested to hear the real reason why they're doing it. I'd venture it's for $$$, obviously. Businesses that are doing well rarely need to radically change like this, think New Coke. It isn't likely this will end well. Bummer.

I don't think all the emails in the world will matter if it's a $ issue. Sounds pretty desperate to me.

18. Screw 'em. Let 'em do it.

It's no big loss really.

JH

19. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

This sounds like what you do before you go bankrupt.
    Maybe they'll get a few more seasons this way and then go back to pre 48 or whatever. Or not.

20. 18n57

18n57

exactly..

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

AND THIS MAKES THEM DIFFERENT THAN GOODGUYS HOW???

Goodguys Western Nationals in Pleasanton is pre 57. used to be pre- 54. they have both kinds of shows.

22. henryj429

henryj429

Just recently I looked at the pile of magazines and stuff I get each month and all the "club" memberships I pay and decided to pare it down a little (everything you every need to read about can be found on the HAMB anyway). NSRA got the short straw - good choice aparrently. I've already made my one and only trek from Northern Minnesota to Louisville. Goodguys stays though, because my 7 year-old really digs the magazine.

23. Just a FYI - New Coke was a very well-done product enhancement. It garnered a LOT of publicity for Coca-Cola; it gave them a bit more shelf space; and even more publicity when they re-intro'd "Classic" Coke.
    I was there.
    This (NSRA) is simply about money. The Pre '49 rule excludes 30 years worth of vehicles, and about 75% of the car world, if not more. Look around at a local cruise, show or what have you: most of the cars are post war, a lot are post Vietnam War.

As a friend has often said: "Follow the buck" if there's any question as to 'Why'.

Cosmo

24. how many of these threads do we need? they screwed up.

25. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Yes, I do. And, I also remember that they were DIVISIONS and the vans and street machines, at least for the most part, were not included in the NSRA street rod shows. They had their own separate shows. There is no comparison to the current situation.

26. Good, bad, or indifferent... it costs $$ to run an organization & put on a show. I don't fault either for trying to make some $$ but..... take in the Nats South (NSRA) & Nashville Nationals (GG) & try to tell me that those two aren't 180* opposite of each other. Then tell me that Street Scene & the Gazette are essentially the same.

JH

27. yeah they are different,but trying fior the same dollars,look at the name...national STREET ROD assocation.......they need to keep up with the times as does any company,its all about the bottom line

28. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I don't disagree with you on that point. They are a company (at least that is my understanding of NSRA). They need to make money. If that means changing the focus of the company, then so be it. BUT, a company that changes focus should be prepared to lose the existing "customers" if the company no longer provides the same service. I'm speculating that NSRA did not contemplate this backlash. If they did, they must have decided that they could survive better on musclecars, Fifties cars, and pickup trucks, and to hell with the hot rods and street rods.

29. If it was up to me, which it isn't, the cut off would be '70. Commiefornia had choked the muscle cars down to being slugs by '71, and the factory hot rod movement was starting to wain.
    IMHO, what we need to do is define the cars that are in the shows. Pre'48 traditional hot rods, muscle cars, customs, street rods, r#% rods, kit cars. Etc.
    I know when I go to Goodguys, for instance, all I want to see are open wheel hot rods, the rest is stuff I have to walk by to get to what I want to see.
    And I've seen lots of folks there that will walk by the most beautiful roadster at the show as though it didn't exist to look at yet ANOTHER '69 Camero.
    Maybe there is a way to have shows that cater to one style.
    No doubt they would be smaller shows, but I think the passion would be much greater. I know I would be way more excited to go to a show that had nothing but open wheel hot rods. There HAS to be some way to do this. Mike

30. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I asked if the name will stay the same "The Street Rod Nationals" they said no it will now be called "The Street Rod Nationals Plus" I guess the Plus is plus anybody else who wants to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.