Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA 30 years old and older - Merged

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paintcan54, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

All those hot rod hatch backs can't waite

2. there are lots of show all around the country you can go to but you have to make your choices. it could be donks or rodents or trucks or tuners. every thing changes things show up that you dont like. you can either say screw it and stay here and be a internet tough guy, say screw it and go, or just find something to have fun with you car

3. Was this an official email or a rumor?

Ohhhh, it'll be in 2010 so I can bring my 1980 Granada 4 door too. It came with a V8, power disk brakes, electric windows, and crushed velour seats so it's a street rod from the factory!

4. NSCA The National Street Car Association. If it's got wheels "Bring it on it"!!

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

There has to be someone out there who can see that this is an oportunity to start a new organization for pre 48 rods...I do like a lot of post 48 up to 58 body styles but 48 is the cut off point for real rods.

6. chevy3755

chevy3755

shame shame on NSRA.......seems like its always about money.......thank Ryan for the HAMB......just my h.o.

7. 61TBird

61TBird

Damn,I knew I should have never sold my Vega!
    That show looks like it's going to be a BLAST!!

8. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel
    from Lavon, Tx

I've gone to the OKC show the last ten years, and honestly it's been boring seeing the same cars over and over. The attendance has dropped roughly 20% in just the last TWO years! I think it would be bad-ass to see some nice 50's customs cruising the fair grounds.

9. Abomb

Abomb

Well, now it'll be no different than the little hometown KS shows, other than size. Everything with aftermarket wheels will show up.....it will be like walking through a huge Autozone parking lot....yay.

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Thats horrible news.Can't wait to go to a show and see some Chevette's and Horizon's Take first place and get trophies.This is sad......There only good for streetrod parts.My 2 cents

11. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

There's nothing like a good show with 800 musclecars assembled entirely from rust repair panels and repro trim, each with a big chalk mark copied from the same manual on the firewall!

12. I imagine this was done to fill empty spaces with muscle cars.

13. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I just got off the phone with the NSRA in memphis. The girl said yes its a done deal 30 year old cars good at ALL nsra events in 2010. 1980 model and down, come on in, just give us your money.......... sad day.

14. Larrysgarage

Larrysgarage
    from Palatka,Fl

I just heard the good news,now I'll fix most of the rust on my 79 f-150 long bed,put on a hood scoop and some 35 ford wires[should bolt right on],I'm on my way.

15. I think its a big mistake, I don't have a problem withthem opening it up a few years but 1980,thats nuts.. I cant wait till the first 1979 Dodge Ram 4x4 pulls into registration and parks between the 1978 Datsun 810 sedan or maybe even some pimped out 77 "Cado" and someones sweet hammerd coupe.

16. not sure if this is gonna work here is the letter

Attached Files:

17. Sounds like a boycott is in order starting with the Knoxville event in May of 2010. How good of a show would they have if everyone with a pre-49 car stayed away?

18. I'm pretty excited...!

You know how RARE it is to find a Pinto wagon???

Hell you can't swing a Dead Cat around without hitting 73 plastic Deuces at the NSRA shows!

Hahaha....!!! Hell ... give some kids a chance to be creative...!

Many of those kids can only DREAM of the cars we've built or owned.... give them something to shoot for...!!!

Don't like it...? Don't attend...!!!

19. This SUCKS! no this really SUCKS! :mad: Looks like this year might be the last hurrah for the Street Rod Nats.

20. Brandi

Brandi

I used to go to the Spokane event, as a kid. Until, when I was about 14 (about 10 years ago) one of their reps told me a young person, let alone a GIRL :eek: had no business around hot rods. :rolleyes: Buh-bye.

21. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I just got off the phone with NSRA they said I was the only caller who did not like the 30 yr rule.I said I would not mind 72 an down because I understand things change,sooo fellow HAMBer's if you do not like this new rule call NSRA 1-901-452-4030 AN LET THEM KNOW how you feel!!!

22. I'm dialing as I'm typing. Thanks Hot Rod Bob :D

23. the-rodster

the-rodster

NSRA Nats is the biggest car show that I've been kicked out of.......

N S R A B L O W S

24. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Thats great I've got some newer GOLD CHAINS now I can wear those too.
    Fuckem all they believe in is the money and who's got a Easter Egg that cost more than the next hump!

25. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

my vote for QUOTE of the DAY!!

26. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

I called and told their new idea SUCKS
    I'm willing to say, they don't care what you like or don't like, it's all about the MONEY !!

27. the-rodster

the-rodster

I mean, about time I got my other rides in the show.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Question to NSRA "Why would you take this approach?"
    NSRA, "We feel that it will open it up to people who have been excluded." (What they are really saying is "Goodguys as an organization is kicking our ass."
    Question to NSRA. "What do you think your members will think about this?"
    NSRA."We think our members will welcome this change with open arms." (What they are really saying is ("Fuck them we don't listen to them anyway!")
    Question to NSRA, Do you plan on moving some of your shows to a different town in the future?"
    NSRA. "No our members like the citys we have our events at." (What they are really saying is," We are locked in because we get kickbacks from the fairgrounds and hotels give us free rooms. Beside our members like going back to the same old place every year, so fuck them and what they might want."
    JMHO , I could be wrong.

29. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

awesome... now i can race my YUGO!

30. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Sorry that Yugo is a 85 or newer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.