Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA 30 years old and older - Merged

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paintcan54, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paintcan54

paintcan54

Just got a email saying that starting in 2010 "ALL" NSRA Events will be open to all cars 30 years old and older. I hope they rethink that one. As I would like Louisville to remain as it is "48 and older.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
  2. Sure would be different to see an 80 Malibu at the NSRA Nats

3. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Can't wait to see all those kick ass 78 Mercury Bobcats.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I'm building an early lakes style Trans Am highboy.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That thinking KILLED AACA for us Pre War car owners . BIG FUCKING MISTAKE! IMO:mad:

6. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I just got an e-mail that said the same thing. Hmmm it looks like money talks and bullshit walks. Gotta keep up with the Good Guys.

7. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

well ya figured it would happen, but no matter what it sucks!

8. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

NSRA...they really like your money!!!

9. Louisville, Knoxville, York & proably a few more can't hold many more cars. Sure would hate to see this happen. Complain to your stste rep. They can take complaints to there yearly meeting. Of course that don't mean any one will llisten.

10. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Well, I see your T/A and raise you a 1980 Honda with neon lighting, stickers everywhere, a 5 tiered fin, and a 12" diameter fart can :D

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

The newer cars are coming and thats good,

it would let in alot of hamber 50's 60's cars.

Knoxville and louisville have not been sold out in years. So there is space

it is a good thing i am all for it!!!

12. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

I joined the NSRA at Memphis in 1980, about two years ago I was finally able to become a lifetime member, the same year they started screwing around with tradition, and my local club followed suit, it's not the age of the cars and trucks, it's the body style! Don't get me wrong I like all vehicles from the early 70's on back. You can bet the NSRA won't give me a refund!!!!!

13. 1940rpu

1940rpu

Big, big mistake. You don't go to those shows to look at any 'old' car. You go to see a certain type of vehicle. I am a car guy and love all things that have wheels and burn hydrocarbons but I do not go to Louieville or Kalamzoo to see LUV trucks, Vegas and Hondas. No way. I have not missed a Nats North in more than 20 years but I don't know that I can stomach seeing a '32 highboy being turned away because the park is full of custom vans and Chevy Citations. Walker and Bugs screwed up big time!!!

14. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Anybody want to buy a 32 I will just drive my kids 80 caprice to the nats. This sucks in my opinion.

15. You guys need to wake up and come back to reality... like Louisville is going to turn into a donk and Pacer show... exaggerate much?

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

now I might actually go to a nsra event again, started in 73 for like 25 yrs and then it just got boring, 2 cents

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sweet, I can now build a 70's mini truck and get in. I am there

Seriously, I have hated the pre-48 only mindset and I am glad they have opened it up, but 30 yrs is not old enough. Should have done with 50 yrs or 45 max to allow some 50's cars in but not a pro street chevy vega. (and I love vegas)

All this does is open the door for a new Hot Rod organization to start up and create shows for the 48 and older group or similar if there is truly a market....

18. attitude

attitude
    from indiana

you Guys are all fogeting that in the late 70's NSRA had the STREETROD DIVION AND THE STREET MACHINE DIVISION.Their respective events were back to back weekends. Went to Tulsa in 76 I think and Mineapolis/St.paul in 77.....

19. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I gave up on NSRA when they pulled the NW Nats out of Spokane. I'd been a member since 1978.

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I do not see it happening ...

The events they already allow the sliding 30 year scale vehicles have NOT been much of a sucess. :rolleyes:

Louisville, Knoxville and York are about full ... and I believe for every " NEWER " vehicle they get ... 2 or more pre 49 vehicles will stay at home.

EXAMPLE ... = Shades of the Past

They opened their run up to 1964 ... and the numbers went down ... so they opened it up futher to 1972 ... still ... not the crowds and cars they used to get.

The only reason I still go to Shades of the Past is to see old friends and they have a special 1932 Ford show area on Saturday ... so I have a good parking spot with some of my friends :D

And I am a lifetime NSRA member with a very low number ...

21. vertible59

vertible59

Now you can take 'em both and let the kid join in the fun:)

22. Choptop

Choptop

you need to come to www.ConcoursdLeMons.com for that.

23. 5window

5window

Bad idea. Still, it's better than AACA's 25 year rule. But I go to York to see street rods. One show that's full of things over the mid-60's and I might as well stay home and go to Cruise In night at the local McDonald's. I think this will kill NSRA.

24. by dan hay You guys need to wake up and come back to reality... like Louisville is going to turn into a donk and Pacer show... exaggerate much?
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    ouch pacer show lol i have a cool pacer lol i agrue with you messing up if they change anything atleast make it 64 and under thanks travis

25. bignateokc

bignateokc

I can see both sides but in okc its the same shit different year I am glad to see the change plus I can bring my 50 merc 64 caddy 29 a and build a donk !!!

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't do many cruise nights because I feel like I'm walking through a used car lot rather than a gathering of rods and customs.
    I could see maybe raising the cutoff to 61 or 62 to include some of the customs that are built from those years but after that the cars just aren't in the same ball park.

I have to agree that they are probably hoping for the all mighty dollar rather than serving the folks that got them there.

Hell, that means I can show up in my daily driver 71 GMC 3/4 ton.

27. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

dude!!! ssssaaawwwweeeettttt pacer!!!!

{holy shit. did i just say that?}

28. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

My son is just fine riding with me or driving the 32 or the 33, his car can stay home that weekend where it belongs.

29. Shit, now I have to look for a set of 22's for my '77 Skylark 4-door.

30. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

This will be my last time at York. Just talked to my state rep NSRA has not told him anything. He didn't know what I was talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.