Register now to get rid of these ads!

problem with steerin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by satan's childs, Apr 14, 2009.

1. buddy of my have problem with the trad. steer go faster the front feel like it goin to fall off i told him all my car run cross steer ,one car have trad steer dont have a problem. he ask me i told him it could be the steer box, if you guy help out if you know the problem is. thanks

2. jerry

jerry

first thing to check is to make sure everything is tight. Wheel bearings adjusted properly, all mounts tight etc. Wheels not bent, out of balance?

Start with the basics.

jerry

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Steer go faster? What? :rolleyes:

4. BJR

BJR

buddy of my have problem with the trad. steer go faster the front feel like it goin to fall off i told him all my car run cross steer ,one car have trad steer dont have a problem. he ask me i told him it could be the steer box, if you guy help out if you know the problem is. thanks

Sounds like email's I get from the royalty from Uganda that wants to give me 10 million dollars if I only give him my bank account number.

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

What is it with all of these illiterate posts? Is a lack of education cooler than a neck tattoo? Christ. If you can't think in complete sentences, how can you possibly ream an axle for new king pin bushings?

6. Amen

7. DollaBill

DollaBill

steer go faster!...STEER go faster!!...STEER GO FASTER!!! EEEEEEK! Jump out car them!

There ya go. A solution as articulate as the question. Glad to help.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sometimes HAMB people suck. not everyone is great typing on the computer.

9. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Check all your linkages for play and make sure the wheels are true. chck your kingpins and stuff. just start taking it apart and looking at stuff... but don't forget how it goes back together!!

I'm thinking english isn't his first language. Knows the words, just not sure how to arrange them.

10. lentz automotive

lentz automotive

probably not enough angle on king pins - pitch back 7 to 10 degree might solve problem.

11. RichG

RichG

Are you trying to say that when he goes faster the front end feels loose in the steering wheel? Does he have proper steering geometry?

I feel that perhaps your inability to write comprehensively is a calculated ploy, either to feign ignorance for some untold reason, or perchance to troll for the type of posts that you are finding here so far.

If you're offended by the syntax of the previous sentence then I will know that my second conclusion is correct...if not, there is no shame in getting further education :)

12. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I wouldn't jump all over him. It sounds like he's deaf. My wife teaches deaf ed for high school and this sounds exactly how her students write.
    Mat

13. YEAH!! Tough Room!

14. duste01

duste01

thats true, some of us lack all of our fingers and have to adapt.

15. thebrassnuckles

thebrassnuckles

could i possibly be the tires are not balanced, my jeep gets speed shimmy like a mother father, and my tires are all out of balace.
    i lke to start simple, then go to the more complicated shit.

16. Scott F.

Scott F.

Geez, I wonder how many people on here that have made negative comments about the OP's grammar would SPEAK their words to his face if he asked this same question of them out loud? Fuckin' hardasses! :rolleyes:

As previously stated, start simple and work toward the more difficult. If you can, swap on a set of different front wheels/tires from a car that does not have the same problem. That can eliminate the wheels/tires as the source of the problem or it could point to them. Check all joints and make sure everything is tight.

17. Ya' better get an automotive dictionary. What you're tellin' us doesn't describe squat.

I'd like to help ya', and probably can, but need more TECHNICAL information.

18. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Really sounds like he can give more 'Technical' details doesnt it?
    Like some of the others have said it may be an affliction or he just may be a 'teen' of the 21 st century who's too soddin lazy to type correctly,either way it's obvious he probably only just knows the arse end from the front of his car.

19. duste01

duste01

will you guys still love me when my parkinsons gets bad enough that I shake too much to type?

20. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Some one read lunch at the gotham cafe?:D

21. 61TBird

61TBird

Of course...someone has to shake paint cans...:D

I keep reading the post and I wonder if he's "texting" his question.

To solve the problem,follow jerry's advice;

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  22. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Blown34Coupe your absolutely right. Satan's Child is a good friend, would give someone the shirt off his back, will help anybody in trouble and was born deaf. He's not going to make excuses but I'm telling you, it's not because he's lazy ass like some of the flamed FNG's we used to get here. He is really smart, it just doesn't translate in this communication. He actually got alot of great advice and is trying out your suggestions. The problem is a suicide front end w/ a 47ford f100 steering box. It's his friends sedan and the set up was working great for a while, but loosened up after some extensive driving and shakes at high speed. It could be a number of things and he wasn't sure where to start. He is more familiar with the vega style set up. Damn, if this is not the quote of the year or better yet the name of Kirk's best selling new hotrod book
    Steer Go Faster!!!...Steer Go Faster!!! Gotta admit that phrase has a catchy ring to it.
    Joe www.powerandnoise.com

23. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Well my .02 ! If it was working OK and now it ain't something has changed !! Smart Eh? First if it has radial tires check for a broken belt or lost ballance weights. Jack up car and spin wheels ,a broken belt will show as a high spot in the tread. While jacked up check for loose wheel bearing and kingpins. On the ground have someone move steering wheel back and forth 3-4 inches while looking at all front end parts for slop/free play.

24. If he is such a good pal, TEACH HIM basic
    dictionn and typing skills. Goood gawd, there are hot rodders from around the world that can commuicate betterr than this dude with a match and a 7 uP can!

25. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

we type the way we talk and so do deaf people. Shit, enough ragging! its not his fault

26. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Not for nothing but this is a friend of mine and as previously stated he was born Deaf, and is a very good person. So with this being said for all of you English experts instead of trying to fuckin put everyone down because they do not spell proper on hear why don't you try and just help them out.

27. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I bet when you guys come across some older fella that has a shit load of vintage stuff and he is speaking a little fucked up you don't sit there and correct his speach. same thing hear.....you never know when we may need a helping hand from one another and this is the sort of stuff that people remember. I for one am very precausious of what I do to my fellow Hot Rodders because of this sitiuation. I am always traveling around and try to treat people the same way I want to be treated.

28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

English is a language better spoken that written, everything that we the hearing folks have learned about it has been spoken to us. We have the advantage of being able to hear the teacher speak while we are reading and or writing, deaf folks do not have this advantage, so the learning curve for them is much more difficult. Add to this that when they think of a word they are thinking first of the proper sign, not how its spelled. Also some words dont exist in sign language, no garage, its a car house and so on. Cut the guy some slack!

And for the record, if your deaf buddy and his girlfriend come over to pick you up and you end up in the backseat,,,,, dont let them get in an arguement. Scariest ride I've ever been on!

29. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I have been down this road.........:eek:.....except for he was signing to me and waiting for me to sign back. I was scared to death.............lol.

30. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The best metal man I ever met was functionally illiterate ...